Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:20 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Monday Morning!!!!

Good morning everyone! For most of you, it is the last day of a three day weekend...for the rest of us it is another work day (even though I do get double time! lol)

Hopefully the weather will settle down soon - lots of rain today.

I hope everyone has a great day, and please, take a moment to remember those who gave their lives so we can be free.

Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Monday Morning!!!!

Hey Lisa, Happy Monday to you(although it is 10:25 pm Sun.night here on the WestCoast!!) -I am having one last check on the boards before my Monday gradual withdrawal from the boards-Luckily I have to work Monday and Tues. anyway,so that will cut back on my free time!!! My cruise is not until Jan.23 on the Valor. I probably will check in at least once /day only!! (At least that is my plan!!) Hope everyone has a good Sunday night/Monday!!!
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Good MOrning Mates..hope your day is all that you want it to be.
I cant belive I cant sleep in this day..oh well..gotta clean up after our storm that blew
thru last night and get ready for our Family BBQ this afternoon.
THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETS OUT THERE and to the ones still serving..
Enjoying all the pics so far from the LGL2 bunch ..keep em coming...Good day to all and stay safe.

Old May 31st, 2004, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning and welcome back to the Get Lei'd 2 Crew! Have seen some of the pics already - looks like a good time was had by all!
Montreal is looking at a sunny high of 20C today, a bit of an improvement, but the next 3 days it's back into the teens and lots of rain. It's been a very long spring, and we are overdue for some warm weather!
To those of you enjoying an extra day on your weekend, have a good one! And think of me, back at work. But don't feel too sorry for me, in less than 3 weeks I will be on a cruise!!

donna

Old May 31st, 2004, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids...
A bright sunny day in Boston..Lisa, don't work tooo hard today, John, I hope you save a spare rib for moi..Brenda, this is the cruisers waiting room, the place where you can chat forever about cruising, and no one says SHUSH!! Donna, if anyone deserves a cruise soon, you are on that list...The Aloha gang will be in chat tonight, i an sure, and hope everyone will join in this lively night of cruise talk!!! Have a nice day today gang..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:05 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning to Everyone, Have a safe and fun day. We are heading to Disney Wrold early tomorrow morning, so won't be here for a few days. Please keep it down till I get back. Don't want to miss anything. I will keep the prayers going out to everyone who needs them, glad to see Kuki is back and posting already! Donna so happy to hear less thatn 3 weeks for your cruise. Have you heard anything about the MRI yet? Gotta run, packing and last minute stuff and then I can go shopping!!!

Jeanne

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning, everyone! Off to work once again, but I'm not complaining, I LOVE my job, especially since they opened a new 911 communications center and my "commute" is now 2.6 miles rather than the old 26 miles!! Ahhh, life is good!

Hope eveyrone has a good day, and thanks to all of our veterans for all that they have given us. Too bad it took so long to get the WW II Memorial up. Not as many original people from that war to appreciate it, but better late than never....

Be safe, everyone!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Morning cruisemates. Ah, it did feel good to let the sun rays wake me up instead of that blaring noise from the alarm clock. Especially sweet on a Monday! Sipping coffee, watching a woodpecker work on his home in the tree outside the window, and reading the boards at CruiseMates. Certainly a habit that I could become accustomed to very quickly.

My day is already planned: Cleaning out a few closets today, running some errands, and then BBQ at my son's house later today.

Ya'll have a good day too!

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the Arizona desert. Lisa and Jean, so sorry you have to work on the holiday. And, for you Canadians, so sorry it isn't a holiday! No big plans here today except to take advantage of the extra time to rest and, of course to pay tribute to those who died to keep us free. Have a great day everyone!

Old May 31st, 2004, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Monday Morning!!!!

Good morning from the very hot sunshine state Have been up and about..husband and I took a nice dip in the pool and swam a few laps. Now the kids are up and it is getting busy. What was supposed to be a small gathering her last night ended up with about 20 or so people and we had a nice BBQ. It is nice to have company with good conversation. Kids swam in the pool and later everyone watched Ice Age.

Not sure what today will bring. We do need to clean out the gutters but it is 92 outside and we would have to wait until this evening.

Everyone have a wonderful day mates.....................

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:18 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: Re: Good Monday Morning!!!!

Good morning, CM's from sunny and later, hot, Southern California.

It sounds as though there's a lot of BBQing going on today. My dau wiull be governed by what Keith's hospital does with him and when they do it. He's supposed to be transferred to day to a local hospital ICU. But as you probably know, they never do things when they say they will do them. I'm hoping I don't have to make the 30-45-minute drive and then miss him. I'll call ahead, definitely.

Thanks to all our men and women who have protected and are protecting our country. Everyone drive safely.

J.
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.......getting ready to take our son to the airport for his trip to Italy with the Latin Club from his high school then off to a cook out at a friends and some more pool time........we need some rain!!!!!!
Angela Z.
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy, cool, SE WI where we sure don't need any more rain. We went out for coffee as usual this morning, and had to drive through a heavy downpour. It was hard to see the road, and I kept asking myself what in the world we were thinking of. Course it wasn't raining when we left the house.

I just finished giving the 2 dogs a bath and a flea dip. Don't know where we picked up the fleas, but they had to go! Thank heavens I have a professional dog groomer type hair dryer to blow them dry.

I'll be taking Jake to the airport later to fly to Washington DC to start his new job. Doesn't look like good flying weather, but nothing we can do about that.

Glad to hear so many of you are barbequing today and having fun. Thanks to those of you who work on holidays so that others needs can be taken care of.

I watched the memorial concert and ceremony last night that was held in Washington DC for all of the vets and those currently serving in the military. It was a beautiful tribute and I'm glad I didn't miss it. Thank you to all those who serve and have served for us.

Phyll

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Hello Cruisemates, Glad to hear most of you are having an enjoyable Long Weekend. Angela Z-we have plenty of clouds and rain here and I would be more than happy to share it with you!!-now if I could have the weather sunny and warm and be swimming in the pool....!!! My oldest retuned from a 2 night camp with Pathfinders(Girl Guides) and it rained. She is off for her 2 night school camp(at least it is in cabins this time and she does not have to cook/clean up)-so it should contimue to rain until she is home Wed. afternoon!! Take care everyone. Bye for now. Brenda in Canada
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning one and all !!
Another beautiful day out here in my part of CA-- wishing everyone well-- sending all my postive thougths and prayers out to those with special needs---- knowing how that goes with my father in law's health issues---- working on cancer treatment number 4--
BBQ is the works today too for me---- deserts already made-- and calling my name-hahaha----but my morning coffee is more important.
Have a great day-- no matter what you do-- take care
Cheers
April
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Not headed back to work quite yet.

Kuki Jr. is leaving today for 11 weeks in Europe. His after graduation, pre grad school fling. Will concentrate today on getting him ready and to the airport on time.

And getting my fried laptop to the laptop doctor.

Hope everyone has a great day...and remembers all who have passed to allow us the freedom we enjoy!!

Old June 1st, 2004, 01:31 PM
Beginner

good moring lisa

its rainy day here in mpls again the ducks are the only ones likeing the weather
wnt for walk any why with my blue ponco on i look like a sruff ikeep on hoping the sun
will come out again i hope you have a good day