Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Ahoy and good Friday morning

Happy Friday CruiseMates.
Nearly the weekend and busy for me and Mrs. Y2C.

After many months of trying to get landscapers to bid our job we finally got one that was reasonable and will perform. Our back yard looks like a disaster area and hopefully in the next 3 weeks we can be proud of the foliage and all the hard work planning.

We have refurbished both ponds, and rebuilt 3 waterfalls to enhance the appearance. New roof on the gazebo, painted everything that did not move, stained decking, purchased new outdoor furniture and broke to the bone .. .

Sheesh, could have cruised more times than I would like to know.

But the greatest thing?? It is finally in progress.

Please send all donations in care of Y2C. Your contribution may be tax deductable????
”Where is my Diamond” - Princess CruiseMates fun with Y2C and wife
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...iamond2005.cfm

Constellation Sept 7, 2004

CruiseMates cruise Diamond Princess April 9, 2005

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Re: Ahoy and good Friday morning

Good morning from Orlando. I imagine it must be a frenzy of activity at Mary Lou's as the long awaited wedding is finally here this weekend! Can't wait to see pictures ML!
The family meeting with the docs yesterday was wonderful and I feel more hopeful. The move to a nursing home isn't as around the corner as they made it sound earlier in the week.
My dad remembered me yesterday....he had the aide call me last night so I could come get him out of there....it was very hard explaining to him that he has to be there because of health and memory concerns.....he's convinced someone is trying to do him in for insurance $$. Yikes..........
One month from today we leave on our cruise........
Angela Z.

Old June 4th, 2004, 05:27 AM
VTJen

At last, the weather man has promised a dry day. The only one, it appears, of the next four days. We may luck out tomorrow...but will definately have showere Sun - when I have all those 4,5 & 6 year olds over for a pool party. Yikes.

Very groggy this am - definately a more than one cup of coffee morning. My son's spring concert was 3 hours long last night. Very good, just very long. The doors were propped open as it was getting stuffy, too bad the neighborhood skunks are not music lovers. The last portion of the concert was the chorus, how they could sing and breath in the stench of skunk at the same time was beyond me.

Off to the "Big City" today for Dr. appointments. At least it will be a pleasant day for a drive.

Have been enjoying reading everyone's posts, great stories/funny jokes/updates on loved ones.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old June 4th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Ahoy and good Friday morning

Good morning from very hot Florida.....Y2C maybe you could post some pictures? The landscaping sounds lovely!

Angela glad the meeting went well and I am happy to hear your dad knew who you are

VTJEN sorry about last nights event....too bad about the skunk....

This morning I am bringing oldest daughter to her doc. appointment. Middle daughter is going to a pool party tonight. Had planned on going to Bush Gardens tomorrow but I guess we will stay put. Had another blow out day with oldest and middle....I am so stressed out. Everyone have a great day..............

Old June 4th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Morning everybody. Short day for me today at work, but then it's home to work to prepare for a big garage/moving sale. Landscaping sound wonderful Y2C! Hang in there Angela with your Dad.

Have a good day, and DREAM of cruising,

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:45 AM
L&S80

Mornin' from the Pacific Northwest.........warming up here.....80's yesterday & today.....just hope it lasts........
Steve.......the check is in the mail........<S>
I'm sure MaryLou is in a frenzy getting ready for tomorrow.......but it will be worth it.....
Everyone have a fantastic weekend!!!!!

Sharon
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Ahoy and good Friday morning

Good morining folks!!! I can sympathize with you Y2C, the house we moved into last year did not come with the deluxe back yard. I tell everyone that since I work for EPA I am leaving the backyard natural and environmentally correct. The truth is it looks so bad even the squirrels won't go back there. Eventually we will get it landscaped, but other priorities (like a roof) come first. VTJen sorry about the skunks but they are not renowned music lovers. I am sitting here waiting for the oil company to show up for the annual furnace, water heater and AC checkup. Had a lovely day in the hammock planned then DW says "While you are waiting why don't you....." So much for that!
Everyone have a great day!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert where we're expecting a high of 110 today. Come on over! Ha Ha!

Have a great Friday, Cruise Mates.

Old June 4th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CM's..Y2C sounds like a nice place you are building in the back yard..are the ponds big enough for a boat..<G>...Very sunny and warm today here in WC Ark....got to mow then it's off for a short road trip to my Moms for a visit..Hope you all have a wonderful weekend..Tomm is another SMARTY PARTY..stay safe and enjoy the time off..if you are working this weekend..then work safe..Prayers still going out to the ones who have requested.

Old June 4th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Admiral

I'll be right over Jennifer! it's supposed to be 22C today, but it's still pretty cool out there.
Steve, sounds like quite a job. Take pics for us ok?
Angela, you're a month away - we're down to 2 weeks! Better think about packing soon!
VT, I remember those hot stuffy school concerts. Never had to deal with skunks though!
Sue, you've been having alot of stress lately, try to take some time for yourself today...
Mermaid, hope you make lots of cruise money with your Garage Sale!
Doug, enjoy your hammock!
As for me, I'm off to work, and very much looking forward to the opening of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban tonight. Unfortunately I won't be able to go until tomorrow, I can hardly wait!

donna

Old June 4th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone, It is sunny and warm here in Vancouver. Today is my youngest's (7 yrs.old) school activity day-luckily it is sunny!! Later today my oldest(13) and I are off to the Harry Potter movie. I think the weatherperson says it is supposed to cloud over for the weekend Take care everyone. MaryLou-although I do not know you:Have a great wedding!!! My husband and I are celebrating our 20th Anniversary this year!!(A good reason to take our family cruise in Jan.05) Bye for now. Brenda in Canada
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a nice and sunny San Jose CA---
Not much new going on around here-- thank goodness---
Wishing everyone a great day-- short countdowns and good health
Cheers all
April
Whos's passing around the coffee-- I need another cup----
Old June 4th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!!! Sunny and warm in Calgary today.... with high forecast around 85 F.
Guess who's going to take advantage and go golfing <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from sunny SE Wisconsin........enjoying the weather today before heading into work this afternoon - TGIF as that means all the bigwigs will be gone by the time I go in!!!!!!

Old June 4th, 2004, 11:53 AM
cruisinKandJ.

A very, very late good morning fom sunny and warn Southern California. Don't know who will read this, since it's so late. Both computers went down last night. The laptop seems to be ok this a.m., but I'm leaving the desk top for my son-in-law to fix. I hope he can, 'cuz that one has AOL and Quicken on it, among other things.

J.