Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Over-Cruising Syndrome (rare)

I sent my mother a copy of the Cruise Disorders Identified and this is what she sent back in return. My mother is a nutcase:

Over-Cruising Syndrome (rare):
This disorder was first experienced by Jodi D. in January of 2005. She cruised, and cruised, and cruised until she could not take it any more. Before an audience of approximately 600 people gathered in front of the ResidenSea, she announced her
immediate retirement and stated that someone else would have to step up and carry the crusing banner because she could no longer continue to sail the waters of the world. It seems that her love of cruising found Jodi booking one cruise after the next, and then the next until the day came when she found herself exhausted from the experience. Never thinking that she would someday tire of her favorite way to vacation, she went nonstop year after year until that day did come. The cruise lines all knew of her love of sailing and each vigorously recruited her to sail their ships knowing that the media would cover her voyages as they followed her every move from booking to disembarkation. The media was enamored with her love of each sail and the exuberance with which she expressed her exploits to her watching fans. Jodi's growing number of fans came to love her and waited excitedly for each new word about her latest adventure. They were so caught up in
the stories that she unfolded that all of the major cruise lines had to turn away hundreds
of people seeking to book the type of cruise that Jodi had delighted in. "This is a
phenonimun never known before in the cruise industry," stated a CEO of one
cruise line. "We have had one-hundred percent occupancy for every one of our sailings during the last three years," added the CFO from a different cruise line.

But, said one bystander, this was to be Jodi's dream cruise. Her ultimate plan was
to sail around the world on the ResidenSea. It is terrible sad that she will not be
able to do this one last sail.

The AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION reported in its July publication that since
this Over-Cruising Syndrome was first diagnosed, it has been rarely seen and is
thought not to be contagious. The AMA's current opinion on this rare syndrome is
that only individuals with high cash flow and significant vacation time allotments are
susceptible.

end

Post Edited (06-06-04 10:14)
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Over-Cruising Syndrome (rare)

Right, like anythng remotely similiar to that could ever happen to any of us, just give me the chance to prove them w rong!!!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Great little story, Jodi. Don't think I will need to get a vaccination though to keep it from happening to me.

Your mom sounds like such a lot of fun. Hope both of you get to do a cm cruise with all of us one day.

Phyll

Old June 6th, 2004, 09:23 AM
Admiral

The story was great, but the little video of the penguins at the bottom was even better!
Still laughing...

donna

Old June 6th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Admiral

OCS??..man I hope I get it..I know how to get infected...just dont have the $$ to buy it..

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Admiral

That was so cute Jodi!

Cheers,
Michelle P.