Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Default Things are hot. Flames and Lightning

Things are hot from Florida to Calgary as the combined total of 20 fans for both of these Stanley Cup contenders turn out to all be Cruisemates.
Who will win in this hotly contested 7th and final game of the Stanley Cup playoffs for 2004? More importantly who cares? It is highly possible that only Kuki and a few Cruisemates from Florida will be the only people in North America to tune into this game tonight (not including the players mothers, although several of them will be switching back and forth between the playoffs and Diamonique week specials on QVC).
The other 9 fans of each team have been given free tickets to the game tonight in order to have fans in the stands. They will show unless they can get a shot at buying one of the Hess truck limited additions by getting in line early tonight. Never before in history has the outcome of a sporting event been so uncared about.
Luckily the college world series for women's softball can be watched on ESPN along with the World Crocheting tournament from the London Old folks home.

Good luck Flames Fan. (whoever you are)
Best wishes Lightning Fan (whoever you may be)
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Things are hot. Flames and Lightning

PAPA BILL FOR PRESIDENT...you got my vote...O...I hope they tie and tie and tie...and just spit it down the middle....

Old June 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Hey! we're watching here in Montreal. We wouldn't be good Canadians if we weren't watching hockey in June! Even if our own Montreal Canadiens were eliminated ages ago, we still have to support the Canadian team - GO Flames Go!

donna

Old June 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

At the end of two periods...Tampa 2, Calgary 0.

Old June 8th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Don't know how to explain it but I was intrigued by this Stanley Cup final when none other had an effect on me for as long as I can remember. I watched every game and anticipated each with beer in hand.

I rarely watch any hockey but the Stanley Cup finals. I guess this year struck me different when I was surrounded by coworkers in Delaware who were die hard Flyer fans and I would watch that series in the hotel room at night. That series really got me excited about this final between these two quick and attacking teams.

So PapaBill, here's one fan who tuned in for some exciting hockey even though no N.Y. team was playing.

Regards,
Thomas