Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
Irish7thSon

Default Northern Europe

I was thinking of doing Norway/Baltics/etc. next year. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:47 PM
cruisinKandJ.

Default Re: Northern Europe

We did it a few years ago on HAL's Maasdam. Beautiful ship, interesting itinerary, but then my DH became very ill. We had to abandon the ship in Stockholm. I would highly recommend this cruise.

J.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 08:22 PM
Admiral

It is an outstanding cruise. St. Petersburg is amazing. Tallinn, Estonia was the real sleeper, actually my favorite of all the ports.Copenhagen was great too.

Generally this is quite a port intensive itinerary with almost no days at sea. We embarked in Dover so that gave us a few days prior in London too. We rented a car in Germany and drove the autobahn, what a thrill! I cannot say enough good things about this cruise.

Helsinki was my least favorite port. It was a bit hohum.
I hope this helps.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Admiral

Most cruise ships only spend two days in St Petersburg. However, some include three days there; very worthwhile.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:45 PM
AR

It's a great itinerary. You might do better posting this on the Europe board under Destinations, and be a little more specific about what you'd like to know.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Irish7thSon

Default Re: Re: Northern Europe

Thanks for the reply. I hope the illness didn't come from anything on board. :-)