Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Default New mattress

Last night we went out and purchased a new mattress, and we figured neither of us had had a decent new mattress since we were newlyweds (first time, to other people!)
So this one was long overdue. It got me wondering, how long do people usually keep their mattresses, and have you found one that's just right for you?

donna

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:11 AM
SarahJ

Default Re: New mattress

I recently purchased a Select Comfort bed. It is the ultimate best. I will never go back to a traditional mattress again. My body hurts when I have to sleep in a hotel or cruise bed. This bed lives up to all the promos I have read and I am thinking of writing Paul Harvey because I heard of these beds through him and feel the need to thank him. Sorry to sound like an advertisement but I really love this bed.
Old August 7th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Admiral

We purchased our second new mattress last year..we went all out..it is a pillow top and I dont remember the name brand..but let me tell you..this is a bed sent from heaven..I have slept better than I have ever slept in my life..sometimes I dont even turn over...The bed we slept in on the Fantasy came real close to ours so I was not dissapointed at all with the cruiseship bed. I have never slept in a bed at a motel/hotel that comes close to ours at home.

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:49 AM
Admiral

BTW, the one we bought was a Serta Perfect Sleeper with Pillowtop. Almost fell asleep on it right in the store!

donna

Old August 7th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Admiral

That's the one Donna..serta..Dont you just love it..so comfy..wish I was at hme in it right now.

Old August 7th, 2004, 10:19 AM
cruisingkandJ

Default Re: Re: New mattress

People probably keep their mattresses way too long. I know we do, and I think we're due for a new one. Ours is called Aireloom, a local company that's been in business for many years. They do mostly custom, but this one was not. Keith wanted one that was longer. I think it's called an Eastern King, and is about six inches longer than a California king. I was never happy with this mattress. Have to buy special bottom sheets for it, amd it's a bear to make up. Bottom sheets have to special ordered'(;(; It's a pillowtop, too, but I was always sorry that we bought an extra firm.

J.
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:21 AM
venice

About 12 years ago I purchased a king size california waterbed following my first back operation...I can't sleep on a conventional bed without my back hurting ever since
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:56 AM
First Mate

We have the select comfort. Its great in the fact you can select your comfort level. Some nights I like it firm & sometimes softer.
Prior to this we had the Serta Perfect Sleeper for about 7 yrs & just decided to try the select comfort.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old August 7th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise

To be honest, I've always had the most comfy beds in the house, until my father for his house got himself an air bed. The BEST bed i've ever had though might have been the rollaway from my march 04 cruise......those things are great!

Old August 7th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Admiral

When you're married to someone as frisky as Mrs. Thomas the mattress wears out quickly. O.K....................I'm only dreaming.

I have no clue what kind of mattress we have, I just know how to fall on it after a long evening with beers.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Mattress for back Pain

I purchased a new memory foam/ Orthopedic mattress as I am having a back pain problem,, it is really very comfortable. I have purchased it from Snoozerbedding, India.
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Mattress made easy

My grandson,Robert, owns three Matress Stores in Texas. Mattresses should be changed ever 7 years.

This is his Web site, WWW.TXBED.COM

Take a look.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Admiral

I purchased an Orthopedic mattress in 1999 .It is still as firm as the day I bought it .