Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2004, 04:03 AM
Yeoman

Default It's Wed. ...Good Morning

Ok,
It's countdown mode now. 2 weeks till school gets out. Here in Fl the darlings are out on the 16th. Good morning and how are tall the holiday preps coming? Almost down around here. House is 99% finished being painted. Swear the painter is in cahoots w/ DH so couldn't put up all the outside lights. Oh well, there's always next year. Got to run to go get reday for school. Have another cup of coffee for me. Oh... just to let all of you know, it's 71 here in St Pete and have doors and windows open. C'mon down and warm up!
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2004, 04:56 AM
Cruizin K and J

Default Re: It's Wed. ...Good Morning

Good morning from Southern California where it definitely is NOT 71 degrees. Frost warnings are still up at 2:51 a.m., and everyone was told to bring in all the furry pets (tree rats excluded).

Well, as I posted yesterday, that consarned tree rat did $200 in damage to the wiring in my car, and I still don't have the car back yet. Waiting for a part.

Anne, you and our other CruiseMates really put your Christmas decorations up early. Our neighbors have their outside lights up as well. We never do the outside, and the tree goes up one week before Chnristmas and comes down New Years Day.

No big plans today. Have a good Wednesday, CM's.

Judy
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:09 AM
Angela Z,

Good morning from Orlando.
Anne, my son's Christmas break won't start until Dec. 22 and they have to go back earlier than originally planned in January to make up some of the 12 days they lost due to hurricanes.
Judy, I agree that we put up our Christmas stuff too early but over the years I've decided to quit fighting it and join. When we did the real tree it was always best to get the tree off the lot and into the air conditioning so maybe it wouldn't dry out so soon!
Angela Z.
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Ohio. It is cold, VERY windy and rain mixed with SNOW this morning. I want to come to Flordia!!!!

Have a great day everyone

At 5PM I will be in the 50's. Radiance of the Seas here I come!!!! WARM

Post Edited (12-01-04 05:14)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old December 1st, 2004, 05:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. What a ride into work this morning!!! It is raining and we have wind gusts up to 40 mph. I dodged garbage cans, signs and trees in the middle of the road. Really quite dangerous since it is dark and raining. But, I made it...and all is well.
Wishing you all a wonderful "hump day". Stay safe.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:07 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Wet in Ga; its raing b/c they were to start cutting our timber today. Now it will be next week before they can in there. Hopefully an uneventful day @ work.
Hope ya'll have a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old December 1st, 2004, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: It's Wed. ...Good Morning

Good morning from swfl..Anne you are right it feels quite warm this morning. But next week they are predicting mid 70's brrrr.

Did my run to Sams yesterday and today I go to wal-mart to shop for some more groceries. My meat I always get seperat since wal-mart injects most meat with a what is called a "meat tenderizer" which is nothing more than dextrose.This is so gross yuck.

My german store is still closed due to hurricane damages but I am hoping they will open soon. Thats the only place to buy meat! This morning I am researching Swarovsky crystals for my MIL christams gift. I personally think they are tacky but she likes it. We found them on our last cruise but did not pick one up for her. I think we will buy her the Hummingbird but the prices are outrages.

Have a great day mates

Old December 1st, 2004, 06:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Pouring rain, and windy in Boston too, and of course I have to go to work I would rather have tea and read in bed Oh well..Have a good day Kids....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 1st, 2004, 06:36 AM
Yeoman

Happy Hump Day everyone. It's pouring rain here. Very weird for Dec. 1st. At least we don't have to shovel it. Hope you all have a great day,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:04 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
It's 64 and overcast here in Avon Park FL. I noticed that Hubby had turned on the AC last night, so I turned it up to 79 in order to turn it off. It was 73 in here, which made it chilly with the blower on. The temp outside is supposed to reach 79 then a cool, and maybe rainy, cool front comes through. I am just hoping it will be still mid to upper 70's next week when my son comes down from COLD Ohio.

CarolB- you're welcome to come down here anytime!!!!

Trevor had his bank interview yesterday. His was the first one-there are several more applicants to follow. That means he'll probably get to go down to Ft. Lauderdale with me as planned, to see Jamie, and the ship were were aboard in Sept.It's always a thrill to see any ship we've been on in port when we're down there. Trevor is the only man to apply in a group of 9 young, and 1, not so young, ladies.He has many years experience in the post office, money management ability and maturity,on his side!

That's it for now.It's already 8:03AM. Tropical Storm Otto is supposedly staying out to sea. Tra La!! Lynne

Old December 1st, 2004, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where the snow has fallen overnight, and it's gorgeous outside. We didn't get more than an inch here, but that's just about perfect to get the effect.

Mike, I hope Kramer is doing ok today and not in too much pain.

Donna, I hope your mom is feeling better with the blood transfusions too.

It's good once again to read all the good morning posts. Even if I don't respond to each one, I want you to know how much I enjoy reading your notes and sharing in your joys; as well as knowing about and praying for your needs and concerns.

Have a great day everyone.

Phyll

Old December 1st, 2004, 07:20 AM
VTJen

Good Morning from a Very Snowy Vermont,

We are in the midst of snow storm, though it could change to rain. At this point I'd just as soon keep the snow. The dog wasn't sure how to react to the sticky wet stuff falling on him during his morning walk. He also doesn't really enjoy wet paws. Guess I'll have to look for some little booties for him p or it could be a really long winter.

Gotta run - extremely busy today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hope Kramer is well on the road to recovery.

VTJen
Sensation 2/2003
Majesty of the Seas 3/2004
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! A really wet 43 here in NH's Lakes Region. A good day to stay in and submit resume's online. I have Patty home sick this morning so I wont stray too far from home. Patty as some might know is the mentally retarded lady that I take care of. Have a great day all.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 1st, 2004, 07:34 AM
Admiral

I am running late on my post this morning...cold this morning for us.below freezing and they say towards the end of next week the highs will only be in the 20's.I am glad I will be in the Carib. Just 3 more sleeps and I get to sleep on the ship..cant wait but will.

Tweety..it is good to see your smiling bird back on the boards.
Kramer. hope you are doing good and Mike is taking good care of you.>G<

Everyone else have a great Wed and please stay safe.

John (patting my foot to see if it will make that clock speed up)

Old December 1st, 2004, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from a very SNOWY Montreal - yup, it's Dec. 1st and our first real snow! Those flakes are as big as snowballs this morning, but supposed to turn to rain later in the day. At least we don't have to go out anywhere today, it's a day of rest after 2 days at the hospital.
Anne, believe me, I would love to take you up on your offer to "come on down"!
Phyll, nice to see you posting, hope all is well with you. And yes, my mom is feeling better after her transfusion, thanks for asking.
BigJ, that countdown clock is gettting smaller and smaller - lucky you!
Mike, hope you and Kramer are doing OK today, please keep us posted.
Have a good Wednesday everyone!

donna

Post Edited (12-01-04 08:07)
Old December 1st, 2004, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates from a very windy and rainy Long Island. Seems like we have the same weather as you Marylou. Quite a change in weather from Florida. I was really happy with 75 - 80 degree temps. Sure glad you have the snow and not us Donna.

It's good to be back home and see 'da Coot'. Missed having him on the cruise with us. He is doing really well and will be ready to cruise again in just a few months. Also missed reading your cheerful Good Mornings BJ. Hope to see you in chat before you leave but if not, have a great cruise.

Mike hope Kramer is doing well this morning and that you are taking good care of him. Keep us posted on his progress.

Phyl it's good to have you back on the boards with us. Still praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you in the near future.

Haven't even thought about Xmas decorations yet. Not even sure I can find them amongst all the things that are packed and ready for us to move. Had originally hoped to be out of here by Xmas so all that stuff is buried in the pile of packing boxes. Will have to rethink that since moving is not in the cards till after the doctors release
'da Coot'. Maybe by spring now.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where it snowed yesterday...only about an inch, so I guess my city decided it wasn't worth it to salt the side roads.........I hate it when they don't do it....they are very slippery!

Oh well, busy at work last night and today doesn't promise to be any better!

Old December 1st, 2004, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody.

I'm really late this morning because the computers at work did not have internet access this morning. Something about server problems..yada, yada, yada. Anyway, I got my outside lights up last night, and I do mean night. It was 6:00pm when I finished. DW drove into the garage and closed the door. She couldn't see me out there. I scared her when I started pounding on the closed door, but when she figured out who it was, we had quite a laugh. Judy, we put up our decorations early up North because it's still relatively warm outside. We never know when the next snowstorm might come. One year I never took the lights down until Spring. Had to wait for the snow to melt. <G>

Big John...You act as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockin' chairs. Calm down, man! The weekend will be here before you know it.

Everybody have a great hump day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is okay this morning.

Should I mention the weather in Florida? Okay... we haven't turned our heater on yet and this morning I drove to work with the top down. Jealous? Just come on down and hop on a cruise ship. Then who'll be jealous.

Hosting girls' night out tonight. I hope it'll be fun! Also hope hubby has cleaned the house by the time I get home.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old December 1st, 2004, 11:45 AM
Admiral

But ...but ..but ..Fasteddie..I am about to have a nervous jerkdown...>BG<

Old December 1st, 2004, 12:43 PM
Admiral

What I said earlier about the pretty snowflakes coming down? It's turned into pretty AWFUL pouring rain coming down, just on the verge of freezing temps and one heck of a messy drive home for commuters. Glad I'm not one of them!

donna