CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Another Missing Passenger (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/270974-another-missing-passenger.html)

Cajungirl December 6th, 2004 07:32 AM

Another Missing Passenger

Just heard on the news another missing passenger yesterday off the Carnival ship from San Diego.
That's 3 missing passengers in 3 weeks - all off Carnival Ships.
What is going on ?

AP:
8:51 p.m. December 5, 2004

SAN DIEGO The Coast Guard called off a search Sunday for a cruise ship passenger believed to have fallen overboard.

The cruise ship passenger a 37-year-old woman whose name was not released is believed to have fallen into the Pacific Ocean about 30 miles west of Ensenada, Mexico, said Petty Officer Robert Lanier, a Coast Guard spokesman.

A search was canceled after rescue crews scoured the area for nearly 16 hours, the Coast Guard said.

The Coast Guard received a call from Carnival Corp.'s Carnival Pride ship at 1 a.m. Sunday, three hours after the woman failed to report for dinner, Lanier said. No one saw her fall overboard.

The ship which runs a 7-day cruise along Mexico's Pacific coast docked Sunday in Long Beach.

The FBI was investigating, said spokeswoman Cathy Viray

Post Edited (12-06-04 07:57)

cruisinwiththekids December 6th, 2004 08:44 AM

Re: Another Missing Passenger

I just heard about the woman reported missing from the Carnival cruise. You said there were 2 others in the last two weeks. Tell me more about that please, I hadn't heard about the other two! I'm leaving this week for our cruise.

Cajungirl December 6th, 2004 09:35 AM

Re: Re: Another Missing Passenger

The first was on the Conquest sailing of November 14th. We were on this cruise.
My husband saw them pull the body from the water in Grand Cayman.
Rumors were it was an elderly gent from Germany who had cancer, he and his wife got into an fight and he jumped. But who knows for sure.

The second was I think The Celebration, another gent came up missing.
I don't think they found him yet.

I don't know what is going on but, people just do not fall off the ship.
Makes you wonder, someone needs to investigate.

Delores December 6th, 2004 12:57 PM

I saw this on the news yesterday, also. It sounds suspicious to me, especially since they were all Carnival ships. A sad cruise for another family!

KimJack December 6th, 2004 01:58 PM

For a funny read along these lines, you might enjoy Carl Hiassen's latest novel entitled "Skinny Dip". It's about a guy who tosses his dw off a cruise ship in a murder attempt. Sadly for him, the lady survives and therein lies the hilarious story.

Jack