Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:35 AM
VTJen

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Well, I'm up late tying up loose ends. I got most everything done, but I just don't feel like some of it was done very well. It's giving me an uneasy feeling.

Also got a call from the Blood Bank at the hospital today. They need to do some more testing, there seems to be a problem with an antibody, and they need to match it, to my surgery got pushed up until 2 p.m as I have to be there almost 4 hours before for more blood work. Not the best way to be heading into this surgery, but I'm sure it will all work out.

A quick update on Baby Jayden - he is not only having external seizures, but internal ones as well, which the doctors were not aware of at first. The doctors would like to have him transferred to Boston Children's hospital, but some of the family are hesitant. The baby's mother made the doctors wait for over 15 minutes the other day when they came for consultation because she said she had to finish fixing her hair - typical for a 16 year old, not the right attitude for the mother of a extremely ill baby.

As soon as I can I'll be back on the Boards, checking on everyone. I hope only good things happen while I'm gone.

Have a great day,
VTJen
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2005, 02:27 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Good Tuesday Morning

Prayers and good thoughts heading your way Jen! Don't worry, things will be there when you are up and about again........I know from experience!

Old February 1st, 2005, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Lots of thoughts and prayers going out this am for VTJen and Donna and George as well as the rest of our cruisemates family.
Trip, how did the root canal go yesterday? I'll be in your shoes tomorrow am. Ouch! It's been 20 years since my last root canal so don't really remember much about it.....except how much I hated it!
Angela Z.
Old February 1st, 2005, 06:43 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

Good morning all, Jen good luck for today and my thoughts go out to jayden. Also to Donna and George, we know how they are feeling, we lost my husbands father whilst we were on vacay back in 2000. Nothing planned for today, just pottering.
catch you all later.
lexx

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates from a very chilly NH's Lakes Region, 1 degree this morning. Too much sadness and I am adding my prayers and good thoughts to the list. A special prayer and big hug on the way for that precious baby Jayden. I never had a root canal, it sounds painful and wish you both a speedy recovery. For all CruiseMates have a great day.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Good Morning,
There are two threads going this AM-early birds!
The sun is out here in Avon Park,FL at 7:50AM. I've been up since before 7 to get the garbage can out for pick-up. None too soon,either. The truck came by about 5 minutes later! The temp is supposed to get up to 73 today. Whoopee!
Nothing special on the agenda today. I would like to add Trevor to your prayer list-not for health reasons, but for this job he's in. It seems the more he tries, the more he gets batted down-enough yesterday to want to just walk out. I have to think there are different ways to train and mentor a person than to put him on an emotional roller coaster-up one day, down the next. It took 6 years to make himself decide that he was even going to work again. He's in the second month of a 90 day probationary period as a bank teller. It's a lot more than he bargained for, but he enjoys the work and really wants to succeed. He's afraid of disappointing me, and the girls at the bank, but more so, in disappointing himself. Trevor's very smart and is a logistical thinker-if given the chance to prove himself properly.(Health issues will follow-high B/P and stress if situation isn't resolved, I'm afraid).

Anyway, my friends, have a wonderful day and dream of your cruises to come or remember with smiles, the cruises just passed. Lynne

Old February 1st, 2005, 08:19 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Its back to work after a great cruise. I have concluded that any cruise is better than a day at work. Oh well, now to start planning the next one.
We'll be sending up prayers for those in need.
Ya'll have a great day.

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old February 1st, 2005, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Morning CMs, I've been having internet problems, so have been scarce. New is the same: mom is deteriorating daily, but hanging in there. Off to spend the day at the residence.
VTJen, good luck with the surgery, seeya when you get back!
Trip, hope you've recovered, and Angela, hope your root canal goes well.
Trevor, hang in there, you can do it!
Prayers to baby Jayden and to Donna and George, and to Ray's sister.

donna

Old February 1st, 2005, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Between, my back, and my throbbing tooth, I left chat early last night..Angela, I never had a root canal before, so I have no sense of comparison, but I went to bed with a heating pad on my cheek. Seems better right now. It was a tricky one though, he said.

Jen, I wonder why there is hesitancy over bringing the baby to Boston... most people flock here to get the best hospitals. Prayers for Jayden.

My sympathy goes out to Donna & George.
Have a good day Kids.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 1st, 2005, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates from work..I see there are a lot of folks hurting and needing some support..You got from here..Jen, Trevor, Trip, RollerD, and of course to George and Donna..Prayers going out.

I dont know what is wrong with me..either I have PCD or I am working to hard and too long lately but I cant seem to get on the boards much. Even at home. Just know that I am trying to keep up with everyone and know that, even if I am not on the boards, that I am still sending out prayers for everyone. Whether you need them or not.>G<

Hope you all have a good day and please stay safe.

Old February 1st, 2005, 09:02 AM
Yeoman

Happy Tuesday everyone! Jan./Feb. always seem to be such rough months for people. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts. Good luck with surgery, root canals, and new jobs. To those with health issues for themselves & family: stay strong and have faith. Donna & George: I'm so sorry to hear your terrible news.
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:38 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........prayers & thoughts to all in need.....hope Donna & George have a safe trip home.......

Sharon

Old February 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI.

Jen, I've been keeping you in my prayers. It's good that they are so careful with the blood. You want to have the closest match possible. You've got a lot of folks praying for you, and wishing the best.

Prayers for the rest of you too- Rdonna,Trip, Trevor, Angela, Jayden, George & Donna.

I found out yesterday that I will be staying in WI for about 2 months to have radiation treatments. At least when those are done, I can get back to life as somewhat normal. This snowbird will get to Florida in time for spring.

Have a good one all and please take care.

Phyll

Old February 1st, 2005, 10:53 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Good Morning CMs, Prayers are going out to everyone, we are still waiting for our dear freind to have triple by pass surgery. So please if you can add him (Joe) to your prayers. He has bronchitis now so they won't operate until he is over that. Phyll, will look forward to your coming down to Florida. Wishing everyone a safe and warm day.

Jeanne
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Afternoon All !

So much sad news on the boards lately! I hope things start looking up for everyone soon!!!

I was in the middle of typing a message a few minutes ago, when we lost poer here at work for a couple of minutes. So, now I will just say that I hope everyone has a good (or as good as possible) day!!!

BTW, I called my TA a little while ago, and found out that my DOCS are in!!! I should be dancing very soon!!