Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:57 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where there is a very light fluffy thing falling from the sky right now. At least this is better than the heavy wet cement that fell on Sunday! And this stuff is melting where I put salt down on the driveway when I came home tonight.

3 more days of work, then I have a day off and then 4 days on over the weekend - the nurse scheduler needs to be shot!!!!!! No one else gets the schedule I do.................I am ready to go on strike! lol Just wish that I can get 3 days over the weekend - that is tolerable and expected.

60 days til I cruise and I cannot wait!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:19 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Good Tuesday Morning!

Good Morning from here in wc Ark ot late night to some.>G<..still eating these little blue candies, and I dont mean M-M's either.....I sure hope this is about over with. DW seems to be fairing better than me. Which is good..Maybe she can go to work tomm and I can get some Rest....We have been couped up like a couple of chickens for 12 days now..>VBG< and I still have my neck in one piece.

Hope you all have a great Tues and hope all are well..prayers going out to those still in need and Please stay safe.

John ( who is now officially "a flying tourist")>G<

Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! 19 here in NH's Lakes Region. The weatherbug is saying a chance of snow. As if we did not get enough yesterday, we got 6 ". Lisa, those 3 days will get done and you can enjoy your time off. John, I do hope you and Mrs John are feeling better soon. I hope everyone has a great day.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. It is 34 here in the Ohio region. Suppose to rain mixed with snow today. Not much going on with me. Hope everyone has a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old February 22nd, 2005, 04:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Tuesday Morning!

Good morning from swfl..today baby Aiden has to go to the doctor because he is sick.He is caughing a lot and his mom is worried. This upcoming saturday we are planning a very big "spring" clean up. This includes the power washer so we can clean our pool deck, the entire house and gutters. I found the weed whackers cord so I have to start this soon also. Get chemicals for the pool...a homeowners normal chore As I am writing here my cat Tobey is laying on his back on my legs and he wants to be petted.He is one cool cat. I can't seem to stick to my diet and I am getting frustrated. I know I have to get a bigger bathingsuit..last years size 12 doesn't cut it anymore!

Take care mates..

Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends! Tuesday, already? Yesterday flew by. That is nice in some ways....not so nice in others. Dentist appointment yesterday went well and that is saying something for me. I have more silver/gold in my teeth than I own in jewelry. .
I also do not mind going to the dentist because he and his wife are avid cruisers.....so that is always interesting too.
Sue, I'm so jealous....I cannot wait until I can say we are doing our spring cleanup. Looks like more snow is in our forecast for the week.
You all have a great day.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Will work half days today and tomorrow and use the other halfs to pull together pictures for dad's funeral and shopping for something to wear. I know that sounds trite but I've lost weight and the only dresses I have are summery. I'm not big on dressing up so this is usually a challenge.
Angela Z.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

And a great welcome back to Big John! Hope you start to feeling like your old self again. All the rain we were supposed to get yesterday by-passed us, so the snow that fell was not too messy. It warmed up in the afternoon, so the slush on the driveway melted after I shoveled. Hope it's not too icy. I saw the salt trucks out this AM.

A delayed PCD must be settling in. Even DW was thinking about a cruise yesterday. But we'll never get the siding done and another cruise in the same year. I know what I would do, but DW is the voice of reason in our home. I can only talk her into 2 cruises in one year about every 5 years. (wedding anniversary years) In four years it will be 25, so I've got to start planning now! <G>

Have a great day, everyone!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:01 AM
First Mate

Good Morning All
Wet in Ga. We had thunderstorms off & on all day yesterday & last night. Back to work today. We've started packing up stuff at our house; we've got 2 people interested in our house & we have'nt even put it on the market yet.
Lisa: I feel for you; when I worked in ICU I had a schedule like that but the next week it flipped & I had 4 days off but 4 12's can really do you in.
Ya'll have great day

"If we weren't all crazy we'd go insane"
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:12 AM
Admiral

44 degrees here in W Texas as I prepare last minute details before leaving for the hospital (gallbladder surgery) my mom had weather delays getting out of CT yesterday so she just called from Houston that she should be landing about 10:30... hopefully I'll be done by then.... and can then get some sleep... of course, I was restless until 3 and now that 6 is here IM EXHAUSTED !! At least I get to sleep through most of the day.... y'all have a good day & wll talk soon !

Love,
Steph
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:38 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Steph - I am praying all goes well with your surgery and that your recovery is speedy.
Jim & Leslie - packing is such a chore, especially deciding what you want to keep and what you need to get rid of
Ed - my husband is the voice of reason in our house - I'd always pick a vacation over the more practical.
Angela - prayers are going your way. I'm sure that you'll find just the right outfit when
you go shopping
ML- glad your dentist appointment went ok
Sue - it sort of blows my mind that you are doing all those spring chores. I'm sure we won't be mowing til sometime towards the end of May, and not opening the pool much before then either - we still got a lot of winter left, but as I said on another post, better snow than those awful rains
BigJohn - I know how you feel beeing couped up - I hate to admit it but when my husband went to work last week for two days, and I had some time for myself - well It was nice.
Phyll - you've been in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day,
VTJen
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hello----
Today marks 60 days at the bank for Trevor. One month to go before the probation period is over. Every day he expects to be terminated but then makes it through another week. He's been doing a lot better this last week-just needs some extra training on the computer screen.He's never had adequate time on it to learn it. I'm proud of him hanging in there when he felt like leaving. It's like starting all over again in a second career.
I posted again around 5:30 yesterday-eye app't didn't happen. Got there and the Dr was gone.Staff tried to call me, I was told. Anyway, I only had slightly over an hour left of work and I had clocked out for two hours of sick time for the app't so spent the rest of my afternoon as a "mental health" day. I also beat Trevor at Scrabble last night, which was a treat.
It's 61 degrees here in Avon Park FL. It seems overcast.There's a lot of fog on the coast.Predicted to get up to 78 before the front starts approaching, and rain chances go up. It's VERY dry here, which is dangerous because of potential brush fires that will get out of control. Rain % gets up to 50 on Saturday and Sunday. Right now the sun is trying to come out.
We've been looking at the newest Princess flyers for overseas cruises. Trevor would have to take what Big John took to get him on the airplane to get us either over there or back!!
Bye for now. Good thoughts go to all of you! Lynne

Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi from Boston....
The world is digging out around me,but i don't care.....I am not going anywhere. I beaded some more bookmarks yesterday, so maybe I will read today.Good mental therapy. I hope everyone has a good day!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where it's STILL snowing. I think we got about 12cms yesterday; it's supposed to stop today, then some more coming tomorrow.....I need a cruise!
Angela, I know about shopping for something to wear to a funeral. It's not easy...
Jim and Leslie, packing sucks, unless you're packing for a cruise. But packing up a house - yeesh! That's what I'm going to be doing today, and probably the rest of the week...
Steph, good luck with the surgery, and have a good sleep!
Ed, I know your dilemna....new windows or a cruise....hmmmm....
BigJohn, nice to see you back! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Well, gotta lot to do today, better get started...

donna

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Steph, you're in my prayers today. Hope this surgery gets rid of the problems you've been having, and you start feeling good again real soon.

Angela, I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers too.

BJ- hope you can get off those pills soon and on to some good solid food. Hang in there.

VTJen-thanks for your thoughts and prayers. So far the treatments are going well. They tell me I won't start feeling anything until after the 2nd week. Then I might be taking those pills that BJ is. :-)

Enjoy your Tuesday all.

Phyll

Post Edited (02-22-05 07:18)
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from cloudy Massachusetts, we ended up with about 6" of the white stuff yesterday, the forecast is for flurries thru until tomorrow with only about an 1" of additional snow. I am so ready for Spring.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Weather in Calgary is still sunny, with temps hovering in the low 30s F. We're being promised high 50s later in the week.

Got quite a bit accomplished yesterday. Two reviews finished and a new article for CM, plus my accounting caught up at work.

Off shopping for the bar this morning, and then picking through some paint swatches to continue on with our bar renovations.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone:

Same Stuff, Different Week

Yawn, Ho and Hum.

Prayers for all in need.

Have a great week!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............still cold over night & early morning......make it to the 50's during the day........no rain....guess it's all gone to CA.....Steve....you doing ok????? <S>
Good thoughts & prayers to all in need........

Sharon

Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Cruizin K and J

Good morning from soggy Southern California where the wet stuff continues to pour down.

Well, my friend and neighbor, Georgia, has elected to discontinue her chemotherapy and let Mother Nature do what she will. Georgia receives in-home hospice care now.
She sleeps about 20 hours a day. Her daughter tells me that she was up for about an hr.-1/2 yesterday.

There are no signs that Keith's mind is going back to normal. In fact, we'll have to have the taxes done this year for the first time ever. I am really terrible at math which causes problems, too.

Both Keith and Georgia need a miracle. They could even share one.

BJ, glad to hear that you and Marsha are slowly recovering.
Anglea, my thoughts and prayers are wit you.

Judy
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:11 AM
Passenger

Good morning from Southern Maine. We had about 8 inches of very fluffy snow yesterday and it is in the 20s this morning (I think - too lazy to go downstairs to get the actual temperature). Got to get building permit, do some shopping and meet DW for lunch at 1:00.

Have a great day everyone.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:53 PM
DENISE HINTSE

good moring its 28 degress and partly cloudy here in mpls have a good day