Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Passenger

Default Getting to the airport in PR

Can someone tell me how easy it is to get a cab and how long it takes to get to the airport in Puerto Rico from the docks. Our boat is supposed to dock at 6am and I'd like to take the noon flight home. Think that will be enough time??? We're a group of 4 adults and we usually just hop on the bus but I think a taxi makes more sense. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Getting to the airport in PR

Thanks, really appreciate the information. We've docked in Miami 3 times now, twice with Carnival, it was a breeze, and once with RC and that was a nightmare! This will be our first time with Princess.
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Captain

Default Re: Getting to the airport in PR

You'll have no problem getting to the airport. Takes 10 - 15 minutes. Last time we were there (Sept. 03) the cost for 2 adults with 1 big bag and 2 carry ons was $16 total.
At the airport there's a dispatcher who writes up a ticket with your destination, no. of bags and give you one and the driver one. No doubt about the price that way. The dispatcher usually speaks english but most of the cabbies don't, or not much. I don't remember if it was the same dispatch system at the pier. I don't think so. I love sailing from San Juan - enjoy!
Magnolia