CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   You all are WONDERFUL!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/272741-you-all-wonderful.html)

Thomas April 30th, 2005 12:32 PM

You all are WONDERFUL!!!

I came to North Carolina last evening to visit my mother in the hospital. She has been unable to regain any strength because of the low blood counts and until she does the chemo and radiation treatments have been suspended. She is very weak.

I printed out your responses to my request for prayers for her and showed them to her this morning. I explained to her that I have never met any of these people but prayers were coming from "family" from around the globe.

She was really delighted to read them all. Thank you all so much! You wouldn't believe how uplifting it was for her.

I have to say, when the Lord decides to take her I'm sure there is room in heaven for Lee B. because this woman is a Saint.

With much appreciation,
Thomas

Kuki April 30th, 2005 01:10 PM

Re: You all are WONDERFUL!!!

Thomas.. I agree. I AM wonderful! Even if I am lipcrolistic <G>

Seriously ... happy to hear the words from the CruiseMates family brought some comfort to your mom.

Hope her strength improves so she can continue her treatments.

Phyllbo April 30th, 2005 02:19 PM

Thomas,
I'm so glad to hear that the words and prayers brought comfort and a little joy to your mom. I know how much all of the kindness and prayers of the Cruisemate's family meant to me when I was going through a rough time. I'm glad you shared your cares and concerns with us so that we could join you in praying for her and encouraging her.

Phyll

Tweety April 30th, 2005 03:33 PM

Thomas our prayers are still going out to you, your Mom and the entire family. It is good to know that there are so many caring people here. Give her a hug from all of us.

Jeanne&Ellis April 30th, 2005 03:47 PM

So glad that our words have given her some bright moments. Prayers are still coming. Wonder if I could trade in some of my family for all you guys? <<<<BG>>>>

MichelleP April 30th, 2005 04:10 PM

Didn't see your post asking for prayers, Thomas... here come some more. I hope she improves soon.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Cruisin K and J April 30th, 2005 07:10 PM

Thomas, I really hope your mother gets well.

Judy

Lisa April 30th, 2005 07:49 PM

Thomas - I must have missed the request, but please, know that your Mom and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

L&S80 April 30th, 2005 10:29 PM

Thomas..............prayers are still coming your way........glad we could be of help........keep us informed.

Sharon

libbynan May 1st, 2005 09:35 AM

Thomas, I know how uplifting it is to know that people are praying for you and I'm so glad we could give that assurance to your mom. It's so frightening to know that you are too sick to have treatments you'd rather not have anyway (VTG-very tiny grin). Here's hoping and praying she will soon be up to resuming the treatments.

Jim Bragg May 1st, 2005 12:23 PM

It isn't so much us that we are wonderful Thomas, it is you who is kind enough to your Mom that your are willing to share this with her and let her know that her son is special enough that we extend our prayers to his Mother without any reservations. I hope she gets well soon. Maybe if she does well enough you can take her on a cruise and share that wonderful time with her doing that. We did with my Mom before we lost her and it is probably our fondest memory we have.
Jim

Lynne and Trevor May 1st, 2005 02:22 PM

Thomas, I haven't had time to read all the posts, since I've been out of town this weekend, but I know you are a wonderful son, and can only hope that my two boys pay as much attention to me if I become very ill. Take care. Lynne

belgique May 1st, 2005 07:28 PM

Glad to hear the messages made her smile.....every little thing helps!

Will continue praying and sending good thoughts your way.

Thomas May 2nd, 2005 06:49 AM

Three years ago when she was 72 I asked what she always wanted to see before she was too old to travel. She told me the West and N.E. and Nova Scotia. We did the West in '03 and N.E./Nova Scotia last fall. All of us are so glad we were able to take her to these places as now it is out of the question.

Regards,
Thomas

Lynne and Trevor May 2nd, 2005 06:53 AM

I'm especially glad she got to see Nova Scotia-it's beautiful there! Lynne

susancruzs May 2nd, 2005 07:38 AM

Just wanted to add my thoughts and prayers, Thomas, I'm not posting every day and I seem to have missed that one but I am thinking of you and your family!

Wonderful that you were able to get those trips in, a very good thing!

Susie

Dorothy May 2nd, 2005 12:50 PM

She sure is lucky to have you as a son, Thomas. Glad she's feeling better and glad you were able to give her the gift of time with you on those trips.

One of the few regrets I have in my life is not taking my mil to some of the places she wanted to see.

Your Mom is STILL in our thoughts and prayers.

dorothy