Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:16 AM
salem5050

Default Printing boarding passes for flight on cruise...

I just printed our flight boarding passes this morning for our flight for our cruise saturday.
Now I am wondering beings you can only print the passes 24 hours before the return flight also, I am trying to remember from past cruises if there were printers on board ship connected to the internet. Only thing I did on past cruises was send a few emails and never paid attention to printers.
We are cruising Celebrith Horizon, are there printers connected to the computers?

Mary Margaret
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: Printing boarding passes for flight on cruise...

Our friends said they had to wait to print them out at the airport. Don't think Celebrity has printers for your use, only theirs.
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Internet Cafes onboard generally DO have a printer tied in to their computer network.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:53 AM
AR

In my experience there are printers in the internet cafes, but if you have a pre-assigned seat, and if you have luggage to check anyway (obviously you will), then there's not a huge advantage to printing the pass ahead of time. You can stick your PNR in the self-service machine at the airport, get your pass, and print the bag tags at the same time.

The advance passes are most useful when you don't have bags to check, because you can then head right to the security line.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Passenger

Hi Mary Margaret,

I fly with Air Canada and print my booking pass the night before I leave from home. The cruise I was just on with HAL_Zuiderdam has an Internet Cafe that has a printer set up and we were allowed to use the printer for free, plus they usually have sales on "time packages" towards the end of the cruise. I couldn't print my pass though because our window is only 12 hours before a flight and anytime closer. I stayed at a hotel the night before and after the cruise so it was too early for me to print it. I am usually given a preferred seating plan anyway, so it turned out fine.

Nice option for when you are in a hurry!

Have a great cruise. Saturday is getting close! I know I just got off one, still not fully unpacked, but we had such an incredibly, wonderful time on the Zuiderdam, I didn't want to leave, so I envy you.

Take care,

Dani