Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Great deal on cruise insurance

I got out my invoice for the Glory B Cruise today to make the final payment . I decided to call Access America about purchasing the policy. I called and asked for a quote. I was stunned at the price of this policy. For both of us it came to a total of $116. I think the last time I purchased insurance through Carnival it was nearly that much per person. Great deal, I sure am pleased.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Great deal on cruise insurance

Final payment ? I will do mine beginning of next month....Laura do you have a cabin yet?

Old May 6th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Hi Sue, no cabin yet but I just want to get this payment out of the way. It will make it seem closer. As the song says " I'm so excited"

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 6th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Great deal on cruise insurance

I know what you mean! This will be the first time my dh and I will be alone for 1 week in 22 years! Maybe we just hang out in the cabin who knows. Did you make any plans on booking shore trips? I have done some research but have not booked any yet.

Old May 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Cruise line insurance is almost always the most expensive, and the least comprehensive.

Always recommend you shop for insurance wtih 3rd party insurers.

Old May 7th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Hi Sue,
We have not booked anything for excursions as yet. Given Patty's age, and mental disabilities I have been thinking days at the beach might be good for her. I do know that in Key West I want to go to Margaritaville for a "Cheeseburger in Paradise". I know the chances of seeing Jimmy Buffett are next to nothing. I will at least have been to one of his restaurants. Maybe we will take the trolley and see the town that way. She is afraid of swimming in deep water even with a life jacket. She does like to play around shoreline at the beach. I really wanted to consider cave tubing but I hate to spend the money to have her refuse. I plan to spend some time soon on the Carnival website checking out the possibilities.

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old May 7th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Third party insurance is almost always less expensive and better coverage than cruise line insurance. When cruise insurance shopping always look at what you are buying and what you are covered for and not just price.

You may get a great price but find that you are under covered or not covered for things like cruise ship, medical evacuation or provider default. Read what the coverage is for and not just the price when buying insurance. The lowest price isn't always the best deal.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me