CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   A NEW CM group cruise coming SOON! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/272945-new-cm-group-cruise-coming-soon.html)

Kuki May 15th, 2005 09:28 AM

A NEW CM group cruise coming SOON!

Details should be finalized in the coming week... WATCH for it!

NCL Dawn... 10 nights return from New York, into the Caribbean! Sailing Apr. 26/06!

It just Dawned on Me! Dawn't ya wanna come?

steph_texas May 15th, 2005 01:07 PM

Re: A NEW CM group cruise coming SOON!

We want a cruise from the south....Galveston, Houston, New Orleans.... please... something I can reasonably get to since I will probably have to pay the single supplement as no one will want to go.....

Steph

Mike M May 15th, 2005 04:23 PM

Kuki,

Could this be a new Dawn in Cruisemates cruising? Freestyle cruising has arrived. Cruisemates cruises have always been somewhat freestyle in the fact that you could either do the group activities, be on your own or do a combination of both. Now you can take it to a new level. Multiple dining rooms, stay in your cabin during debarkation, eat when you like where you like, with who you like. Hey, I could ditch Kuki really easy on this one. <VBG>

This actually has piqued my interest. hmmm. Betty hasn't been to Puerto Rico before or sailed out of New York. hmm

Take care,
Mike

MaryLou May 15th, 2005 06:17 PM

I would love to sail out of NY.....I'll have to see what I can do about squeezing this one in.

Kuki May 15th, 2005 06:27 PM

We've never had a sailing out of NY, which I am sure many of us would love to do. Plus an NCL freestyle cruise, where if everyone wants to, they can leave all the formal wear at home and pack light.

Plus being a 10 night sailing, instead of 7, it can still get to the warm weather of the Caribbean for most of the cruise.

rollerdonna May 15th, 2005 08:52 PM

Hmmm, sounds very tempting, but maybe too soon after the Jan. CM to Hawaii.
We do like the NY part though, it's much closer for us to get to. Will think on it!

donna

MichelleP May 16th, 2005 08:34 AM

Bah... and we are looking for a cruise for next spring but not that long and not out of NY. Sorry Kuki, another time.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Suzi May 16th, 2005 09:27 AM

where are we going?

CZodda May 16th, 2005 12:42 PM

God Bless You Kuki! I have been dying for a Cruisemates cruise out of my hometown! :-D

What will be the ports to be visited?

Can't wait to hear about the pricing!

Have a great day all!

Cathy in NYC

Mike M May 16th, 2005 01:01 PM

This would be the proposed itinerary:

Day 1 New York, New York -- 4:00 pm
Day 2 At Sea -- --
Day 3 At Sea -- --
Day 4 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 11:00 am -- 7:00 pm
Day 5 Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00 am -- 6:00 pm
Day 6 Philipsburg, St. Maarten 7:00 am 6:00 pm
Day 7 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00 am 3:00 pm
Day 8 At Sea -- --
Day 9 Great Stirrup Cay 7:00 am 2:00 pm
Day 10 At Sea -- --
Day 11 New York, New York 10:00 am --

A couple of somewhat different ports such as Tortola and San Juan and the shopping Mecca of St. Thomas and the nearby beauty of St. John. You could fly kites on St. Maarten and see the "sights" on Orient beach. Don't forget those four sea days for fun and relaxation. Plus the fun of New York. I like this one.

Fern May 16th, 2005 05:35 PM

I agree with Steph. How about a CM cruise from Galveston, Houston, or New Orleans? (more than 7 days, please!) I don't fly if I can possibly avoid it and, even if I did, don't think I could handle the stress of NY!
There are a lot of us in the South! Please keep us in mind for the next CM cruise!

Kuki May 16th, 2005 07:28 PM

Ideally we'd like to have a group cruise that could pick everyone up at their homes<G>

Since that's not possible, we do try and eventually get to as many home ports as we can. We've never sailed out of NY, so this will be the turn of those who want to sail from NY City.

A sailing of New Orleans is high on the list... but , other than repositioning cruises, I don't think there's many from there that are longer than 7 days.