Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2005, 03:34 PM
First Mate

Default Here is what gets me about the people of California

You see these pictures on MSNBC and these people are cheering him on like they support child molestation. This is the same attitude that was displayed when OJ ran from the police after killing 2 people. You have the state of California cheering him on running from the police like he was running for a touchdown.

splendor of the seas
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2005, 04:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Here is what gets me about the people of California

California he is guilty

splendor of the seas
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Arnold

Texas is BIG!
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:28 PM
AR

I'm no fan of California justice. I think it's taken on far too many of the aspects of California's principle industry, show business. It's hard to tell a courtroom from a movie set in the Golden State.

That said, I have no idea whether Jackson did or did not molest the kid. The jury says there's reasonable doubt, the jury (unlike the OJ case) was sitting in a fairly conservative part of the state, and there's no reason to question their judgment. Of course it's true that no sane parent would allow their kid into that kind of snakepit, but there are a lot of parents who aren't sane. And of course, the simple fact that the kids went there, whether a wise decision or not, is not the determining factor in the trial.

Now let's talk about Texas, which seems to be the source of all the hate in this string. I note with some interest that the Supreme Court handed down a ruling today, 6-3, vacating the death sentence of a black man tried in Texas on the grounds that blacks had been systematically excluded from the jury. I actually read the text of the decision, and found the circumstances of the prosecutorial misconduct in Dallas chilling.

So in California, in spite of its idiotic way of jurisprudence, we have a state where a mostly white jury is willing to listen, and to acquit a black man (well, a man who used to be black, anyway). And in Texas, we have a state where blacks are systematically excluded from juries, and where blacks are executed at a rate that runs rings around the rest of the nation.

In balance, I'd take California.

And just to top it off today, the Senate has finally apologized for not stepping in legislatively to stop renegade lynchings in this nation back in the day.

Seems like Mr. Jackson and his antics pales in the face of these other issues, doesn't it?

So everybody who's so upset should just see to it that your kids never go on sleepovers with rock stars, take a deep breath, and try to pay attention to the important stuff.
Old June 13th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Arnold

Agriculture is Californias principal industry.
Old June 13th, 2005, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Really, Sooner, the state of California is supporting MJ? Well, isn't that funny, I was born and raised here and I'm not standing outside the courthouse with my sign. Quite a silly statement, don't you think??

Just like I think all Texans walk bow-legged and wear cowboy hats everywhere they go, c'mon now!!!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old June 14th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Yeoman

Sooner, I agree with Jean. I'll even bet there are some people in California that like you.
Old June 14th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Reasonable doubt-------- let him off--- and thats what the jury is told to do--- lots of doubt in this case--- dont know about OJ ?????

Ok so I'm from CA---I look at people as indivuals not a whole group-- maybe its because I am different -- or at least I like to think so

Cheers all

April
And yes I was on a jury where it was a case of child molestion------and he was found guilty on all charges-------- in our case there was on room for doubt.
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
First Mate

Believe me I am not nor will I ever be a Texan.

splendor of the seas