Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Delta Schedule Change Grrrr!!!

I just got a letter from the TA that booked our air. Delta has changed our flight time from Boston to Orlando. We were originally scheduled to leave at 8:30 AM now the flight is taking off at 7:40 AM. We have to take a bus from Concord NH to get there. The earliest we can get a bus is 5:00 AM that arrives at 7:00AM. Not enough time to check in. Now we have to go to Boston the night before to make it on time. So darn aggravating!!!! Just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Delta Schedule Change Grrrr!!!

Laura: Maybe it is a blessing in disguise. I think it is always better to err on the safe side....now you know you will be there in plenty of time by going the night before. Good luck!

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 6th, 2005, 10:50 AM
L&S80

Laura......at least it was earlier not later.............Alaska cancelled our flight....was suppose to get into Orlanda at 7 am......now we're booked on Continental later......not getting in til 11 am.......

Like Mary Lou said.......blessing in disquise.......

Sharon

Old July 6th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Admiral

It is just aggravating to have to get yet another hotel. I am looking at the Hilton at the airport for $139. Everything more reasonable has no airport shuttle. Or a shuttle that does not start operations on time. Some of the hotel prices for Boston are downright SCARY!!!! I just think we will take the bus right to the airport then call the shuttle to come get us. Of course Patty who has no idea of the money involved will think it is just another adventure!! Sometimes I envy her simplicity, no stress!!

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 6th, 2005, 11:12 AM
venice

be thankful you have Patty..Strss kills...at least Delta gave you advance warning..Just think if they didn't and you did not check before hand and went to the airport expecting your 0830 flight..it happens more then you think, so be happy you are still going on your cruise
Old July 6th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Admiral

I thank God every day for delivering Patty and others like her into my life. I have learned a lot about life through her eyes.

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old July 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM
First Mate

from what i have read on all the boards delta is doing this too alot of their passengers recently. i dont think i will be booking with them in the future. but like others have said, you will be there the night before now with less stress. try priceline for a hotel room. you might be able to save some money that way on your room. have a good trip.

Old July 6th, 2005, 12:32 PM
First Mate

When I have to fly I go in the day before anyway that way this sort of thing doesn't affect me.

splendor of the seas
Old July 6th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Sorry to hear about your schedule change, Laura. It's good that you know it in advance and can make other plans, but it's got to be frustrating for you. Hope you can find a reasonable accomodation to help make up for the aggravation.

Phyll

Old July 6th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Laura - have you looked into flying out of Manchester NH, even Hartford,CT instead of Boston.? Delta has a big operation out of Bradley Airport in CT.
Old July 6th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Admiral

antron, you might want to check how often AA, UA, US, NW, and CO also change schedules. Try getting a schedule out of WN anytime in advance. This is not a DL issue.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 6th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Hi Lisa, I have checked into Manchester and it was a lot more money for the tickets. Not only that but I would have to take my car in and pay for parking. Going out of Boston I can take Concord Trailways right to my terminal, park my car in Concord NH at the bus station for free. Also from Boston I can usually get my flight as a non stop. Never happens flying from Manchester. I just think Boston is much more convenient than Manchester.

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Admiral

ousoonerfanintexas, Our flights are for the day before the cruise. Delta changed my flight to earlier than I originally booked. This makes it impossible for us to get to Boston on time for the flight. Now we are going to Boston the night before and having to stay there.

Laura

---Mark Twain

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Captain

Laura, You can try the Days Inn Saugus. The hotel is basic but it has a free breakfast. It is only a few minutes from the airport and you can take their free shuttle to the airport and back. We leave our car there in their parking garage while we are gone and so far we've done this 4 times, never any problems.
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning 2 Little Time. thank you for the suggestion. I had not planned to bring my car but I would consider it since I know my way around the area. I was born and raised in Melrose.

Laura

---Mark Twain