Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone
Default dd's story

Queen Mary

It was exactly January 29th 2004, when my sister Bobbie and I went to the Queen Mary hotel. The Queen Mary is a retired cruise ship that will be docked for the rest of it’s life. The former captain of the Queen Mary lost the ship due to reckless driving. He was saying the waves made him weave back and forth like a drunk person. He also killed a lot of passengers just for coming on board.

When we checked in we did not like the place at all, but it was the only place in Long Beach that had an open room. Actually all of its 621 rooms were open. (Which was strange because of the business convention going on). The man who checked us in had a familiar face. I saw him earlier except he was the janitor ( so I thought). He has light blueish gray hair and was close to ninety years old. He gave us our room key. It was a foot long with a little stub that went into the door.

Bobbie thought it would be cool to go on the hunted tour. I screamed NO!! at her. I don’t trust this place at all. I went to find our room. Bobbie didn’t want to get lost so she came with me. We were soon lost anyways trying to find the room.

We had room sixty-nine. Our only problem is there was no room sixty-nine. We got tired of looking so we decided to go up stairs to eat and look around. We took our luggage and off we went. We went up stairs and we saw some old stuff like a wedding chapel and an old store that is now a restaurant. We went in and the guy who served us was the same guy we had been seeing at other places. I knew something was up. When we turned around our luggage was gone, it disappeared. We just walked out and I was sure that I bumped into someone but when I turned around no one was there.

We were so mad we went to go find the room. We took an elevator to the bottom floor. Scarey enough we found room sixty-nine. It looked like a telephone booth. Bobbie said “we should go in” but I refused, but Bobbie and her fearlessness had me go in. We went in and the water pipe along with the mirror shattered.

I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and nothing was there. I heard a deep voice saying “LEAVE NOW”. Bobbie thought it was a ghost and I said “yeah right.” I turned the corner and there it was.

It was looking at me or I thought it was. He had no eyes and an extremely deep voice saying “ GET OUT OR DIE” He also was wearing a dark captions hat.

We ran upstairs scared to death. We ran into Mr. Everywhere guy. He warned us to get out or his brother was gonna kill us. Bobbie was scared and she said “who on earth is your brother”? The guy replied “the former captain and you better scram. He got the ship taken away from him over forty years ago. He is back for revenge.”

Bobbie asked “ then why are you everywhere”? The old man says “ you must be seeing things because there is only one of me”. He did say “go and save yourselves”. He said that right before he fell to the ground with a knife in his back. We ran out and we have never been back yet and we don’t plan on going back any time soon.

Now to this day the Queen Mary still exists and does have a hunted tour. I still believe that ghost is there. I will never go back. They now have a Queen Mary II cruise ship and all the dead victims including that old man are coming for revenge.

This is a ghost story that she had to write for one of her classes. I had forgot about it till today. She is very proud of it. It is one of the first stories she has really done. Thanks for reading.

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Default Re: dd's story

good story, gave me a little scary chill while reading it.
Old July 14th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Happy Camper

Very good story!! I toured the Queen Mary in Long Beach 4 years ago and belive me that story sounds very real!! It is creepy and so neat! Love to tour it again and take the haunted tour this time - the engine room with all the cat walks is so neat! I swear I saw a ghost! Debbie
Old July 21st, 2005, 06:14 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to snowyowlone

Thanks for the response all.
It's kinda funny when we stayed on the Queen Mary I did the ghost tour and she was to afraid to go. She did have fun though.

Mardi Gras 5X in the 80's
Holiday 93
Legend 03
Pride 2-1-04
Sensation 2-21-04
Valor 1-29-06
Next cruise 6-16-2010 on the Miracle!!!