Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Peewwwww??

I just read an interesting article in the new York Times, about what goes into designing a perfume bottle. Angel has a pretty bottle..I love fragrance, love to spritz, and I have no problem asking a woman, "what are you wearing", if I like it.

I have found the best prices at Sample Rd or the Swap Shop, both in the Ft Lauderdale, area...beats island prices hands down.

So I ask you ladies, Do you wear perfume, whats your favorite, and the one you absolutely cannot tolerate?

This is tough, I have a few faves right now. Fantasme, by Ted Lapidus, is wonderful, I bought it in St. Thomas Yrs ago, it's one of the very few scents I have purchased again. Rarely do I re -buy. Every time I wear it, I am transported back to this cruise.

The one I hate the most is Poisen, I think it's just the worst.. I used to love Red, one, because it smelled nice, the 2nd because I have red hair BUT, a woman came to help out at a place I used to work in , and this scent was literally, coming out of her pores, she reeked so, that I couldn't stand it anymore.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Peewwwww??

Favorites: In order of my most favorite FIRST.

REALM by Erox
CHANEL #5 by Chanel
CHLOE by Chloe
OPIUM by Yves Saint Laurent

Stinker: CASSINI by Oleg Cassini - this is the worst I have ever smelled. Knew someone that wore this... gross. I thought maybe it was the way it smelled on him, but I smelled it out of the bottle and it was just as nasty . I remember everytime this guy was around me, it made me sick to my stomach. I hate that smell. EEEEEEWWWWWWW!

Post Edited (08-07-05 12:27)
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM
venice

I think you should also ask us men, which perfume do we enjoy "sniffing" on our DW or GF (equal opportunity here)

favorite-China Rain (made by Body Time in Berkely CA)

absolute worse - none, if a woman lets me get that close to smell her perfume, I don't care if it's "ode-de-skunk", it's going to smell good (VBG)

I learned a lesson about women and perfume a long time ago when I was married..I absolutely loved China Rain on a particular female friend that I have and thought so much of it I purchased some for my wife as a present. Since this was something out of the "norm" for me, my now ex-wife ask me how I came to pick out this particular scent, and I was actually young and dumb enough to tell her..needless to say she never wore it (at least for me)
Old August 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Peeewwww perfectly describes my feelings about perfume. I hate the stuff. Truthfully, I am allergic to strong scents, and if I find myself sitting near someone who reeks, in a restaurant or theatre, I have to move, because pretty soon I start to cough, then I can't breathe. That being said, I do love the scent of lilac (also my favourite flower), and I can tolerate a light lilac-scented toilet water. (who came up with the name toilet water? -that's disgusting!)

donna

Old August 7th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Yeoman

I like Old Barnyard.
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Sea Queen

Angel is one of my favourites as well. I also like Loving Bouquet (Escada) and Samsara.

Gail
Old August 7th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Yeoman

I'm another of the fragrance sensitive people. Unfortunately, alot of them trigger migraines in me. I try and wear a light fragrance like Beautiful or Lauren. My son wears Aspen (smells good on a young guy) Every cologne smells different on each individual. Certain colognes bring back memories. Was going thru a bunch of my Dh's great aunt's things and found a bottle of Arpage. That was the scent she always wore and so did my mom when I was young
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old August 7th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Admiral

Remember Estee Lauder's Youth Dew...Oh my

Old August 7th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

My favorite perfume is Emeraude. As a child I used to steal my Mothers off her dresser and have loved it since then. I rarely ever buy anything else.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 7th, 2005, 05:36 PM
susancruzs

I used to like Este Lauder stuff, until like you said, a co-worker took a bath in the stuff!

I have to be careful about perfumes, candles, etc., set my eyes to get runny, sneezing, and coughing, too!

I used to like Wildfire by Avon (this goes back awhile) and during the British Invasion (everything British along with the Rock Groups) I loved Yardley, their Oh de London!

Now my age is really showing!

Susie
Old August 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
CruzinK&J

Donna Karan makes a fragrance that smells like Raid.

I prefer body lotions and soaps because they're not so harsh.

Judy
Old August 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I only wear one:

Clinique "Happy"

People tell me all the time, how I smell so good :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Used to love "White Shoulders' - now I just use a lavender body spray - reminds me of my Granny and her "Yardley's English Lavender". With asthma you have to be careful what you use. I still love the smell of Old Spice on men - must be the ocean thing lol.

ttfn Jennife
Old August 8th, 2005, 06:27 AM
VTJen

I really only like scents that remind me of the ocean -they usually are clean and light.

I'm actually looking for a new scent.

VTJen
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Jen try Michael Kors Ocean, or Davidoffs, Cool Water.

Post Edited (08-08-05 07:02)

Old August 8th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Admiral

I have a variety that i like to wear. My dress-up evening scent is Magie Noir by Lancome- it has a hint of spice. My everyday scent is Tresor - by Lancome- light floral. I also love body cremes - for summer its Mango Madness by Bath & Body Works, also love Cucumber/Melon.
I am also fragrance sensitive especially to scents with notes of Gardenia or any heavy floral.
Least favorite fragrance - Giorgio Beverly Hills. It was really popular a few years back, and you would smell it before the woman entered the building.

Let's take this one step further - men - what's your favorite fragrance for yourself to wear?
My DH loves either Aramis or Sebastain - both smell wonderful on him!
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Admiral

I don't wear perfume very often, but when I do, it's Chanel No. 5.

I don't have a least favorite fragrance unless it's anything somebody has put on way too much of.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 10th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Beginner

I wear Cool Water Body Lotion! Yum! Yum! A girlfrriend gave me some as a gift about 5 years ago and I've been wearing it ever since. Both women and men ask me what perfume I'm wearing. True story - One day in the grocery store a lady came up to me and said her husband (He was standing in the frozen food section) wanted her to ask me what perfume I was wearing so he could get it for her. If you do try it, you may be hooked, men really like this fragrance. But try the lotion, it much softer than the cologne. I too suffer from migraine headaches, but this doesn't set off headaches or
allergies. But be prepared to tell everyone what perfume you're wearing!!
Old August 10th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Male

ok People Throw out all your perfumes and go get ....L'Air Du Temps by nina Ricci (the most delightful head turning perfume you have ever smelled)...This Perfume works with the woman's chemisty to create the ultimate scent! L'Air Du Temps is pronounced like LAIR (like Hair) DU TEMP(S is silent). LAIR DU TEMP = L'Air Du Temps.

Maleficent