Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Yoo Hoo It's Monday

Hi Kids..
I am up watching my dvr..it's smokin..!!! So many shows so little time Thought I would say GOOD MORNING!

Post Edited (08-15-05 06:41)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Yoo Hoo It's Monday

GOOD MORNING to you too Trip! I hope everyone has a relaxing, fun week coming up.
Happy Monday,
Nancy

Explorer of the Seas
Old August 15th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good night.

I'm taking Kramer out for his last dooty of the night and then I'm going to bed. We had a busy day. We took our granddaughter to the Renaissance Festival and she enjoyed herself. She rode an elephant, camel and a llama. She also had a great time with the Queen and with some other kids. It was a very tired little girl that was brought home.

The other adventure of the day was the first tire blow out I've ever had on any of my cars. The right rear tire blew on Betty's car when we were coming back from dropping our granddaughter off. The tire only has just over 20,000 miles on it but it seems that the steel belt split in the tire. We did notice a very slight vibration just as we were getting to our daughters but I looked and felt the tire and nothing was really noticeable. Well, I guess I was wrong. So later today there will be a trip to the tire store for a replacement. I want a thorough inspection of the other tires but Betty did say as I was changing the flat one. "I did hit that curb pretty hard on Friday." <G>

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 15th, 2005, 03:01 AM
Admiral

Hope everyone has a nice day - if possible... it is Monday after all !!!

C ya,
Steph
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates. Rainy morning here in NH's Lakees Region. It is supposed to be a lot cooler today. Day off today!!! yay!! I work over the weekends so I look forward to Monday and Tuesday as my weekends. Still dancing over the cruise docs. I have them sitting here in front of me. have a great day cruiseMates!

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 15th, 2005, 06:46 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

Yesterday we had a real rainy day - it was sorta nice - except it sort of put a damper on our Church BBQ. Good thing we have a large fellowship hall. We had an awesome celebration service and it was nice to have time to visit with people afterward. Lots of catching up was done - plus it gave my daughter a great chance to say lots of her good byes. She had a solo yesterday and did a very good job. I'm really hating having to bring her back this year.

Ton's to do to catch up on everything and get ready for this trip. The breaks will be fixed this afternoon. Hope if anything else is going to break it will hurry up and do it now before we head out. Husband will be hauling his toolbox with us.

Hope you all have a great Monday - I see Steph hasn't cancelled it this week, so I suppose I must get busy.

VTJen
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Admiral

My boss, the Blood Beast will be back from vacation. I expect a torrent of inane and irrelevant questions and endless meetings that will slow down things even more.

Gracie, our new kitten, is settling in quite nicely. She has a very calm demeanor and has gotten over her fear of our Shih Tzu. Sunny the grey tabby cat is still acting like a three year old when you bring the new baby home. Jealous as can be. Oliver, our boy cat, is already watching over Gracie and has even steered her away from trouble.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I'm so glad to be back at work where I can get some rest and only eat one meal. <G>
It's going to take me a while to get going, but I've already got some work to do because we had some wicked T'storms and it knocked out power to some of the systems here at the plant. Ugh! Gotta go!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates

Local newspaper headline news: ''PREMIERS MEET IN MONCTON IN 2007'' . It goes on: ''Canada's provincial and territorial leaders will converge on Moncton in 2007 when New Brunswick takes its turn as host of the Council of the Federation``. This is pretty big news as our city is not the provincial capital.

August 15th (mid-August) pretty much spells out the end of the summer heat in Atlantic Canada. The 5-day forecast is a high in the low 70's and low in the low 50's. Anybody wants to get away from their extreme heat, Atlantic Canada is the place to be.

Hope you all had a good weekend and I wish everybody a good week.

Bill
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. Up early this morning because it's a school day for all. Man is it dark outside. I forgot what it looked like before 7:00 I guess i will spent the day getting back into a routine.

I spent yesterday, trying to find things to do on our Dec. cruise. So many people to please, and so much to pick from. Youngest son wants to take daddy's new truck to school today. I think I will let him, but oh the second thoughts I am having. lol

I hope everyone has a good day.

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the sun is shining, and it's pleasanly around 20C (68F). I noticed this morning that my wallpaper/screensaver is a great big shot of the Celebrity Century! Just a little reminder for the next 500-something days.....!

Today is my son's 17th birthday. I finished his b-day book on the train coming home yesterday. The b-day book is a photo album/scrapbook of his past year. I have made one for both of my kids, for each year of their life, up to age 18. It includes pictures, captions, stories, souvenirs, comic strips, and whatever, pertaining to the past year. This way, I get to keep my copies of pics of their childhood, and they have something to take with them when they leave home. Alot of work and love goes into each one, and my kids have always looked forward to their b-day book every year.

It's back to work for a rest for me today! The weekend was busy, with the travelling, the wine-drinking, and the fun of catching up with my 2 best friends.
Have a good week everyone!

donna
Old August 15th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..It is Monday and I am working my fingers off already...I just wanted to jump in here and say have a good day and please stay safe.. Only 502 days left to the Party of the Century....I love it..>G<

Frank ...if you ck in..send me your email addy. The one I tried since you changed providers did not work.

Old August 15th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!! Everyone have a super week!!!!!

Post Edited (08-15-05 07:56)
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:01 AM
susancruzs

Good Morning Everyone!

A gorgeous day here in NE Illinois, temps normal, no humidity, supposed to be like this all week, overnight temps decent so I can turn off the A/C! Woohoo!!! :-) I'll send it on to the east coasters!

I might be working today, this is getting so old! I had all of 12.5 hours last week, and haven't had 25 or 30 for weeks. Not good for the cruise fund at all!

Speaking of cruises, I cannot wait for Sept. 2nd, hurry up count down, hurry, hurry, I want to get this show on the road! :-)

I got my suitcase out of the closet and really want to start packing! :-) With all my time off last week, I got some Euros and Pounds plus travelers checks so I really won't have any last minute stuff to do, which is nice.

Have a great day!

Susie
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,,
Another hot one here on the east coast of Va. Wow you can sure tell it's August. The 3 H's are in force,,,Hazy,Hot,Humid !!! But then that's summer when you live near the ocean,,,,
Hope ya'll have a great Monday,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Yoo Hoo It's Monday

Good morning from swfl...kids are off to school and I am very tired.All night our smoke alarm in our master bedroom went off. It is soemhow tied into the electric..don't ask me how it works. But finally at 4am my dh who had been trying to get it fixed all night took it down...The little dog was shivering all night from the noise...What a night and off course before a monday!
This week will be without any big events<so I hope> My daughter talked about our upcoming Disney cruise and wondered when we will get our docs and assigned cabin.This upcoming saturday middle daughter and I are taking one of her old girlfriends to the outlet to buy some clothes. Her mother had told me she was only able to buy her 1 pair of jeans this year for school.She is a single mom and teaches at a christian school. I told our daughter we will buy her friend some clothes. We won't tell her mom until its done ....
Anyway, have a good day mates!

Old August 15th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It doesn't matter how the weather in Calgary is today because I'm LEAVING <G>

Headed to Pheonix this afternoon! Get to see my new Grand nephew, and my sister and all her family. Look forward to some family time, and we'll see how many beautiful golf courses I can fit into my schedule.

Old August 15th, 2005, 10:23 AM
L&S80

Good morning from the Pacific Northwest.....sun is shinnning............gonna be hot......80's for today......that's hot for us......<S> Was 90' on Sunday......yuck!!! Suppose to be upper 80's for the next 10 days........

Y'all have a great Monday.............

Sharon

Old August 15th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisers! Hope everyone has a terrific day and a great week!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old August 15th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Cruisin K and J

Good morning from an overcast and cool Southern California. Wish this would last all day, but no such luck.

Mike, I sympathize about the flat tire. We went through that Saturday in Long Beach. One of the things I have to do today is take the car to the dealer and have a new tire put on.

Have a good Monday, CM's, and sweet daydreams about the Cruise of the Century!

Judy
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:54 AM
First Mate

Good morning from the mountains of Central Arizona. Our coolish weather is still with us and that means more thunderstorms today. Kind of nice as our temps. have been cool, when the rain is over....out comes the sun.

Had a great Sunday afternoon as our church entered three bowling teams in the Big Brothers, Big Sisters tournament. (a fund raiser). Last time I went bowling is when my grandson (Max)was here for a week in July. Before that it had been about 20 years since I picked up a bowling ball. Had a great time and did quite well, much to my suprise.

Everyone enjoy your Monday <G>. For us that are retired, all days are about the same. Sometimes when I want to find out what day it is.....I look at my weekly pill container and that will tell me!!! <>

Old August 15th, 2005, 02:38 PM
DENISE H

good moring from mpls its another prefect day sunney and cool temps had a great time at the counry fair yesterday get a blue and red ribbon for my sewing had a
new treat at the fair fried cheesecake have a good day now