Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Good Wednesday AM....

And did anyone else get totally confused going back to work yesterday and kept thinking it was a MONDAY? I did!!! I love three day weekends, but it always tricks me when I go back to work....so it really is hard to believe that today is Wednesday.

Might get some rain here in SE Wisconsin today....we are desperately in need of it! Drought conditions are here. The rest of the state is doing fine, the SE 1/4 is in dire straights.

Welcome home, Phyll!!

Have a great day everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Good Wednesday AM....

Good Morning Lisa and everybody else,
Got up to see what was going on over on the east coast. Hmm..Ophelia. Will have to watch that one. Right now though it's absolutely wonderful outside with a great breeze and even feels (if I dare say..) cool. For us cool is in the 70's. Will try and find my yard again today. DH got the garden ready for planting. Have to figure if we are dooing seeds or plants Tomatoes for the holidays. Novel concept.
Have a good one

ps. last payment yesterday on the cruise Yipee!!!!!!

Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Lisa, Anne and all the CM's to follow. Lisa, I know what you mean about yesterday being confusing! I'm one day closer to visiting Tweety and all the Cruisemates!
Yippeeeeee!!!! I cannot wait. Now, if someone would just help me get caught up at work and help me pack.....
Have a great day folks.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 7th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I guess we're in for a few rainy days. Can't believe we're up to Ophelia in the list of names.
Angela Z.

Old September 7th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Last day of work for me today!! I have been up for hours finishing up the packing. Tomorrow morning Patty and I are off to Boston. Patty is beside herself with excitement. She is looking forward to the trip. We are meeting her brother and sister in law in Cocoa Beach for dinner Friday night. We will be worn out by the time we board the ship on Saturday. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everbody,

Not much going on today. I've got to go to the home center to pick up some concrete patch for a little project at home. I was going to do some painting, but a little patch work has got to be done. I can't believe tomorrow is the beginning of NFL regular season! What happened to the summer??? Only 5 more days before we shuffle off to Buffalo. <G>

Tomorrow is also our 21st wedding anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Admiral

There is nothing worse than a Monday that tries to disguise itself as a Tuesday. My boss the Bloodbeast was in rare form yesterday. In the space of a weekend I turned from being bulletproof to being the target. I did win a few victories when I prevailed in most of the arguements.

Made airline reservations yesterday for the upcoming cruise. It is an art form surfing the web for the best deals. Hint------> Priceline, Cheap Tickets, et al do not always have the best deals. Last trip Priceline was best, this time I booked directly with American Airlines.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:14 AM
VTJen

Good Morning All,

It is supposed to be a beautiful day today! Went to the stamping party last night. Why are craft supplies as addicting as cruising? If I had more self control with the craft supplies I could probably afford to cruise at least once a year. I have no self control. Also, I had no self-control when the little girl came to my house for a fund-raiser, selling Yankee Candles. Which are my absolute favs. I have a lot to work on.

We had a Blood Drive in our Area yesterday - a huge turnout! It's good too see everyone trying to do something to help.

Today I have PT, then work. Should do some housework when I get home.

Phyll - loved your Cape Cod photos!
Steph - I got the bank. I put it in the laundry room. It is collecting all the change I find in pockets.
Anne - it feels good to get it paid for doesn't it!
ML - you will have such fun on vactaion
Laura - can't wait to see the pictures of Patty having fun on the Cruise
Ed - I too am looking forward to the opening game of the season. We are going to friends for dinner, but I told my husband I really wanted to be home by 9 to see the Pats.

Hope everyone has a great day!
VTJen
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
My surgery today is scheduled for 3pm, so I will spend most of it,whipping up the most incredible & yummy, pretend breakfast & lunch, in my mind, all fat free of course.. If I am not in la la land from the meds,I may see you in chat!

Make it a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 7th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas. I am still feeling yukee, so I think I shall stay close to home today. I am a mom and wife, so there will be plenty of home jobs to do that doesn't pay, but has to be done. Will be watching the storms, to see where they go. Still hopeing they won't effect those of you going on the Glory B cruise. Found a travel agency yesterday, not advertized on here, that had a sign that said, don't ask us to rebook on the Conquest, because it is a mess. I think they were talking about all the changes and not the ship itself. I checked my motel prices for our trip, and they were charging 40.00 more for our room, and I booked directly from the hotel itself. I guess you have to do your research on these things. Well i guess I will go and complain to the dogs how bad I feel, everyone else will be gone. lol

Have a great Wednesday

Luanne

Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning and it's a very nice sunny and cool morning on the coast.

Back page news local newspaper: ''PRIME MINISTER JOINS SENDOFF FOR HUMANITARIAN CONVOY IN HALIFAX''. It goes on: ''Prime Minister Paul Martin stood dockside, waving to some of the 1000 sailors and soldiers aboard three warships and a coast guard vessel as they headed to the U.S. Gulf Coast.

The destroyer and frigates are loaded to capacity with a massive list of supplies for some of the thousands who have been displaced. It's likely the teams will be called to recover some of the thousands of bodies submerged in the polluted waters''"...

I watched the sendoff last night on TV news . It was quite emotional. Not mentioned in the newspaper was that Canada is also sending 4 helicopters for rescue operation.

Have a good day,

Bill
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Lynne &Trevor

Hi Everybody,
I believe it's about 76 or so in Tampa which is as amarsh said, "cool".The sun isn't out yet here in Avon Park, FL. It looks as if we could have some rain today.

For all you Glory-bound cruisers, have a terrific time! I know you've planned for this a long time, and the day is just about here.

fasteddie, I am awaiting the start of football season myself. I am ready for some FOOTBALL!

We are getting ready for our annual Apple Festival Craft event at work. This year, more than ever, residents from the Health Care Center (nursing home) have been contributing to the affair, along with some assisted living folks. Yesterday, some were painting, others were "shellacking", some were folding flyers. While not perfect in every way, they sure filled the bill in the absence of the Independent residents who "weren't available" and long time volunteers no longer able to participate. It was nice to see them all engaged in a cooperative effort.With my retiring boss who will "officially " retire Oct. 6, gone on vacation, and next year's event my new boss's responsibility, we are really hunkering down and trying to catch up on all the projects that need to be done before the event.

That's it for now. I see the sun peeping through the trees from the East now-so we're on our way. Have a sunshiny new day, Y'all. Lynne

Old September 7th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone.

It was a rough day yesterday. Ashley went to a friends funeral. The girl had diabetes and complications caused kidney failure. She was only 18. Life is too short. Not a good day.

Old September 7th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is another beautiful sunny day, with highs predicted in the high 20'sC (80ishF). Fantastic for Sept.! Well, I was spoiled with a 4-day weekend, now it's back to reality, and all the new screaming kids...ugh!

I have to say, yesterday was one of those rare "great" days. We had a very positive meeting with the Dr. and social worker at the hospital, and my son is doing very well.
He starts a new job this morning - paid even!, in addition to his volunteer job. He is going to wean off the meds once he has established a good routine with work.
He's got a new haircut, new clothes, and looks great. And best of all, he is excited about the fact that yesterday, we booked our next cruise, himself included, for this Dec. on the Carnival Triumph! Things are looking up!

donna

Old September 7th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Good Wednesday AM....

Good morning from swfl...I am cold. I turned the air down to 78. It must be cold outside. I don't know how I will survive Germany in the winter.I have zero winter stuff to wear.
I am glad this is a short week. We are exhausted from the weekend that only had us do cleaning.
Daughter called many times yesterday and Aiden made it through a day at daycare. When she picke dhim up he held onto her leg and kept saying :Mama". Poor guy. I think tomorrow she is going to the doctor and will keep him out of the YMCA> She is taking some tests for college entry..her life is moving along. Needless to say the child support checks never came but it does not surprise us. The guy is no good. he is planning on moving to FL with his current girldfriend. He will face a rude awakening..FL will deal with dead beat dads very very harsh.

Hope you guys have a good day!

Old September 7th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates..only 2 moere days of work and 2 more sleeps and we are outta here for oour land vacation to Destin, Fl..I can hardly wait.

Hope you all have a great day and prayers out to the folks in need.

Old September 7th, 2005, 08:32 AM
sailing gal

Good morning,
I hope all are well. Sorry to hear about the loss of the young woman above. On the flip side, I hate when its Thursday and you think its Friday. Brother clued me in on a free browser download. Popups wher are you?
Karen
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Jeanne & Ellis

Good Morning mates, Waitng to see what Phelia does to Florida or moves north... Phyll welcome home and thanks for posting the great pictures. Ed, happy Anniversary to you and Mrs FastEddie! Donna glad to hear that things are finally going better for Tyler. Get well to those who are under the weather .

Jeanne
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:28 AM
L&S80

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............70's for today......fall must be getting here.....
Let's hope there are no problems for leaving on Sat........

One more sleep until we're on our way to see tweety, 'da coot', Mary Lou & Gary......Ray & Helen........lots of people.....can't wait!!!!!

Y'all have a great Wednesday

Sharon

Old September 7th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! its a beautiful day here in Mass. Rode the bicycle into work today.
Good luck with your surgery Linda!
Otis Air Force base on Cape Cod received evacuee's yesterday.
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another lovely day ahead in Calgary, with temps in the 70s F. Yesterday, with schools back in, and road construction, the commute in to work was maddeningly long.

The film crew working was much more intrusive to the business than we were led to believe, so dealt with lots of little hassles.

Also.. when I left for work I , of course, forgot to take my camera along. So.. sorry gang.. no pictures. You'll just have to wait for the movie.

Today it's back to work with new battles waiting <G>

Old September 7th, 2005, 10:47 AM
DENISE H

good moring cruisemates i hope you all have a great day
Old September 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Cruisin K and J

A quick good morning from SoCal. Warm and sunny.

I took some stuff for my sinus infection at 4:30 a.m., and over slept.

Off to the gym.

Everyone, have a good day.

Judy
Old September 7th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Good morning from Vancouver where it is sunny-but not too warm yet.
Kids are off to school for their full first day. The eldest has started High School Gr.9 and is a little 'lost'. Hopefully things will get better for her(since she has JUST started )!! Ballet does not start until next week. The youngest wore her ballet shoes last in about mid-July and she went to put them on last week and she can not even get her feet in them!! So off to the ballet store for shoes after school. The eldest will be 'en pointe' this year-so she will need pointe shoes! $$$$ Guess I will have to keep working at my job-which was SO busy yesterday!!
Laura& Patty- Bon Voyage!! Enjoy yourselves!
DougR-'the bloodbeast' boss= I had to work with my boss yesterday; it was OK but she vacated her bench job pretty quickly after I arrived at 1 pm and we were REALLY busy!!
VTJen-aren't those stamps nice?!! I have a cute set of a 'lady' on a scooter, Eiffel Tower, poodle with a purse-etc. It is a very cute set.
Carole-very sad news.
Sharon-didn't you just get back from a cruise?!
BJ-enjoy your vacation-watch out for hurricanes!
RD-I hope your son has continued good progress. Take care.
Bye for now CMates. Hope everyone has a good day. Take care. Brenda
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny WI. I sure hope we get some rain soon. I even went to the car wash this morning hoping that would help to bring it on.

RD, I'm so glad to hear that things are going better for you son. I think it's wonderful that you changed your cruise plans so that you could include him in too.

Carole, so sorry to hear about Ashley's friend. It is really sad to see a life cut so short.

Jen, wish I was lucky finding coins in pockets. All I ever find (or miss finding) are tissues and chapsticks.

Lynne, the place you work sounds like such a people friendly place. I wish so much that we could have my brother in a place like that instead of where he is. God Bless you for all you do to make it feel like home for those people.

I passed my mammogram test this morning. :-) Now I have a little surgery on Friday morning to repair a hernia and have my med-a-port removed. Looks like we will be heading to Florida in October this year. Hopefully by then all of the hurricanes will be over with.

Have a good one all and stay safe.
Phyll

Old September 7th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AngelaAlabama

Good afternoon everyone!!.. not much going on here today. Had a headache so bad it woke me up!!!.. It is sinus I think. With the hurricane and the change in the weather I think it has stirred up my allergies. This is like the third time I have woken up with a headache within the last week or so.

We still haven't heard from my sis n law's family in NO. We keep looking and searching. But until things get a bit more organized we are just playing a waiting game...

I am going to go lay down now..

Have a good rest of the day!!!

"The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next."