Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

First of all, I must say this is the most annoying site or board or whatever you want to call it to get on; YOU CAN'T SIGN IN :evil: It took my DH about ten minutes to get on. That shuouldn't be!

Well, we had some excitement about mid-day. We came home from the gym and started taking showers. All of a sudden, I heard this loud noise like somebody trying to get in the bedroom window. Turns out, it was an old lady with Alzheimer's. She is 92 and apparently got away from the house next door. I'm so glad she wasn't injured. She could have broken a hip and laid out there and we woudn't have known, because we never go out there.

A happier subject: DH got a new computer today. Trouble is he doesn't want to think about anthing else. Like a trip to Minnesota coming up soon. I haved an awful brother who never goes to see his mother even though he's only about 30 minutes away. Not like Thomas, right?

Anyway, have a happy Saturday, CM's.
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
First of all, I must say this is the most annoying site or board or whatever you want to call it to get on; YOU CAN'T SIGN IN It took my DH about ten minutes to get on. That shuouldn't be!
Judy,

Sorry.. but on occassion the boards require some tech maintenance, and that can affect access, but generally not for very long. And the best time to do the maintenance or changes is late at night, when the fewest amount of people are trying to access the site.

If you'll notice a "report post" feature has been added now.. the in the tool bar above the posts.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 8th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates from a rainy NH's Lakes Region. Work today for me. I don't think I will mind being at work if it is to rain all day. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 8th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates! Went to the movies last night and watched "Two for the money". It had a surprise ending which made the movie better.The movie was rated "R" and the language in it was bad.It amazes me why people always have to put s,h. f, etc in almost every sentence The meeting with middle daughters teachers went well and to my dh surprise they praised her and told him for the last month she has improved 100% and everything is just so much better.
I saw oldest daughter yesterday with Aiden.I must make a picture of him, he is getting so tall and very handsome for a 1 year old! I like to make some pictures of him at Wal-Mart also.
Today is pool cleaning,house cleaning and the yard No surprise there I guess.Middle daughter is having a friend over and next weekend we are heading to Busch Gardens I think. Middle daughters girlfriend's birthday and we are inviting her to go with us.Today we need to have the girls take passport pictures also.A busy day for us but it's always like that on saturdays.

have a good day mates and get some rest if you can!
Old October 8th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all.
dh is sawing away for a new customer. he does custom molding for older homes renovations. That is the big trend now. making old new again.
Rainy and cloudy here. the humidity is off the charts, like a wet blanket.
Still 7 weeks of hurricane season. watching a disturbance east of Florida, not going to strenghten,etc.
Have a good weekend
GO BUCS
Old October 8th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........foggy & yucky here......hope it clears up.......

Off to the hospital to see what's going on.....

Y'all have a great Saturday........

Sharon
Old October 8th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida where I actually see the sun for a change. It has been really wet down here this past week. Matter of fact discovered a leak in the back wall of the house. 'Da Coot' is on the phone right now calling the insurance company about it. It's always something.

Only 11 days left till we leave for Rome. Have to start folding clothes to put in the suitcases soon. Most of 'da Coot's' clothes are staged in the closet and ready to go. Still working on mine, but getting closer. Packing for multi climates is tough.

Everyone have a good day.

Cruise Of The Century

Lots of Time, Little Money - Liberty Transatlantic

Carnival Glory
Old October 8th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's great to see the sun again! We had remarkable luck with the weather yesterday and managed to have the homecoming parade between monsoons and the rain moved out for good in time for the game. Of course the humidity was killer but at least there was no steady rain.
Angela Z.
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

A very rainy day here. Said good bye to the German students today. Last night we had a Pot luck and I cooked all afternoon for it, had to make 2 casseroles and 2 desserts.

Husband worked until 2 am and was off on calls again by 9. Son is off to a Cross Country Race. Hoping my niece and I can plan something fun to do.

So sad to see the news of the horrible earthquake in Pakistan and surrounding areas. Some of the pictures are very sad.

I guess I should strip the guest room bed and start the laundry.

Stay safe,
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's been a rainy two days here in the Northeast. I'm hoping the rain will stop when we get to Buffalo for the game tomorrow.

Went to see my mother last night...boy, did she ever do a number on her eye. It looks like she was in a street fight. She's still sore from falling (wrist, ribs, knees, face), but she seemed in good spirits. She was just really embarrased to trip like that.

Today it's back to mom's house to celebrate the October birthdays. DW's B'day is Thursday, and I have yet to figure out what to get her. UGH!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy cool WI. Feels like fall and feels like I ought to be heading to Florida. At least it won't be long.

Sea Trekker, I could use one of those make old things new makeovers for myself.

Angela, I'm glad to hear you were able to get the festivities in last night.

Tweety, ugh! House leaks are no fun. Hope you find the source of the problem and are able to get it fixed quickly.

Ed, I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing ok. Give her a hug from all of us today. Also that gift for your wife should be easy----a cruise or a little bling would be perfect.

Sue, I'm not much for going to the movies. The "R" should have been a good clue for you. I know sometimes the story line is worth the other stuff you have to put up with. Glad to hear the good news about your daughters school work. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend at your house.

Jen, I know those German students will take home lots of good memories. You sure are a great hostess. Hope your hubby's hours at work cut back a little.

I am really feeling good again. Thanks for your prayers. At least dealing with pain, makes you so grateful when you don't have any anymore.

Have a good weekend and stay safe everyone.

Phyll
Old October 8th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning cruisemates, We have nice cool weather this morning. It is like living in hell all summer, and then suddenly living in heaven. I woke up because it was so quiet. I was not use to it and then realized it was the air conditioner being off. I don't have a lot of plans today, but will make the most of it.

Prayers go out to those who need it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 8th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A bit cooler again in Calgary today, with highs in the 50s F.

Went golfing yesterday, and ended up in a 15 minute rain and hail storm, but other than that spurt, it was a beautiful day.

Think I'll pass on golf in the cold today, and have brunch with my father, since it's been awhile since we've done that.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Okay, so it's afternoon now, but it's Saturday so to me it's still morning.

My kitties have to wear the Elizabethan collars - poor things look so pathetic. They just want to be held and petted and I'm happy to oblige. It's going to be a tough week.

Today's a lazy day for me and then we're going to meet some friends from Jacksonville at a seafood restaurant in Cocoa. I'll have to look for cruise ships on the way!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old October 8th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Good Late Afternoon,
I was going to try to get on late this morning, but after Chorale practice was told that my step-daughter and family were coming down for a visit (an hour north of here) and we'd probably go out to eat. It was a belated birthday get-together for Trevor. They left just a little while ago.

It's been partly cloudy here in Avon Park, FL today. This morning I left my car windows down to air out the car, and while it was sunny in back, one of those quick pop-up showers started in the front of the house. I had to dart out there and put up the windows! It hasn't rained since!

When I first went to come on, "this page can't be displayed" came on. I tried a couple of times, as I first used the desktop icon, then a "favorite". But, then, I tried the "chit-chat" favorite and got in--only after logging on!!However, it's worth it. At least it didn't panic me!!

I have read all your news and my thoughts are with you. I, too, hope that fasteddie has a nice day for his Buffalo Bills game. It will be in the 80's down here and "partly sunny" tomorrow for the Bucs.

With our cruise coming up in two weeks, my attention is seriously shifting to packing and wardrobe planning. After so many months of planning, corresponding with other shipmates and dreaming about ships, the final countdown really goes very quickly!!

Take care, Everybody!! Lynne

Ruby Princess