Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:03 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.
Default Katie Holmes/Tom Crusie and that pregnancy

Some how seems a bit odd to me - stating only 3 months pregnant and the photos today show her to be far more than that or otherwise she is going to give birth to an elephant

Don't know what the rest of you think, but I think this whole relationship seems to be quite bizarre. He never had children with his other two wives and adopted when he was with Nicole and ther was talways talk that he couldn't father children!!!!

I personally find him of sinister character and wonder where this is all leading too. Apparently as well if she sticks with his regliion of Scientology, it will mean that she will not be allowed any painkilling drugs and must remain silent throughout the birth - at the size she is now if she is 3 months, no way could that be possible. Personally I reckon she became pregnant in the very early days of their romance (if that is what it is and not contrived) adn could explain all the quick engagement etc.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if after the birth, he dosen;t want too much to do with her anymore and just wants a child of his own.

I know I sound cycnical but I do find Tom Cruise has become increasingly as if he is a living God these days.

What are your views on this?

Kind regards,

Kimmiegirl
Old October 10th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Gag me with a spoon !!!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Admiral

who really cares ? I accept that Ton Cruise is full of himself but I would expect more from her...but as long as he;s not on a cruise that I am on, I will be tolerant of his behavior (VBG)
Old October 10th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Wonder if Katie will have depression? Maybe she can call Brooke Shields for advice.

I used to like Tom. I don't think I do anymore. He has gotten a little too weird for me lately. It is not the religion, because my favorite is John Travolta.

(Trip: "Gag me with a spoon", I haven't heard that in a long time!!! )

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old October 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I also use to like Tom Cruise. It bothers me to call Sientology a religion. It was made up by a man who wrote Sci Fi books. Mr. Cruise is a good actor, and his life style is different, and probably something we should not know about. It always kills me to find out that a good actor, is off the wall. I like that about her calling Brooke Shields for depression. Did you know that the Sientologiest have their own cruise ship. It was in People mags couple of months ago.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 10th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

I never used to really pay much attention to him;would never go out of my way to see one of his movies but lately I think I'd go out of my way to AVOID his movies!
Angela Z.
Old October 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Anyone want in on a poll on how long this one will last - I give it two months after the impending birth - that's pretty much long-term for Hollywood these days! Wonder if they will actually consider getting married - or is that too "out there"? I feel sorry for the child.

I also agree with the "sinister" thing - he is just plain too weird! Anyone remember the movie "Rosemary's Baby?" This might count as the remake! I can't imagine a "silent" birth - what are they planning on doing - using duct tape on her mouth? That one must have been thought of by a man :O

ttfn Jennifer
Old October 10th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

[b] If anyone talks, or Katie screams during delivery, heads will roll. This silent birth option, is a control issue, again Tbug, it sure fits this couple,right?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Admiral

If she can't show her emotions during the birth, she might grap the nearest thing, and pull. You know what is closest to you when someone is standing next to the bed. He could then go on the Today Show, and not only say he had changed his mind, but could say it at a higher octive.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 10th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I think it's an amazing coincidence that Katie and I are both 3 month pregnant
Old October 11th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Admiral

The Scientolgoists have practically taken over Clearwater, FL ... it is very, very strange. They did buy a cruise ship - the Boehme (I had sailed on her about 20 years ago) which they use for their so-called religion. You're right it was founded by a sci-fi writer, L. Ron Hubbard.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old October 11th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Passenger

I'm really confused about this silent birth thing - why would anyone put their wife/girlfriend through that and expect her not to say "ouch"
Old October 11th, 2005, 06:05 AM
First Mate

Location: Near Liz's favourite home, Windsor Castle, Berkshire, U.K.

Hazelson,

I'm with you - will give it 2 months tops. I think all he is after is a child of his own making and like poor old Di is being used as a 'birthing vessel'.

Why tell likes about the length of the pregnancy???? People aren't that bl***y stupid - obviously conception was way before open public admittance - doesn't weigh well for Scientology does it if lies like that are abundant.

Sure she will be well payed off though if that is what she is out for. Such a sad old world and I feel sorry for Nicole and the two adopted children - wonder how much he will still want them once the baby is born.

KG
Old October 11th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Admiral

Never have really been a big fan of Tom Cruise. Don't really understand Scientology - there seem to be many layers to this group, I hesitate to call it a Religion. With all the control issues it seems more like a cult.

I feel bad for the kids - the adopted ones and the one about to enter the world.
Old October 11th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Diana F you made me laugh this morning. Ouch is right!!! I did some research one time, about Scientology. You basicly believe in L Ron Hubbard. They do a lot of self-help types of things. I also did research on Mr. Hubbard and he was some character. Good reading for those who have the time. I never could find out who they prayed to.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Well, I pity poor Katie if SHE turns out to suffer from post-partum depression, because you KNOW she'll get no love from Mr. Know-it-all! (Hmmm, I don't ever recall HIM giving birth!)

Sometimes these actors think they are more intelligent than the average person because of the work they do. (and sometimes that is OUR fault!) Look at Mr. Arnold, he is royally screwing up California, but thinks he is doing a great job!

I say get his wife in his position....sheesh!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 11th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Kuki pregnant - tell us more - enquiring minds want to know? By the looks of myself and dh we are about 12 months along lol!

So what next - all the scientologists hop on their cruise ship and sail into the Burmuda Triangle - to be beamed up to the mother ship?

Just plain weird - does Katie Holmes have parents out there that might be able to protect her? Poor kid! Maybe we need to call for a cruisemates intervention!

ttfn Jennifer