Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning/Evening

Good Hump day evening everyone!
27 C today.
Hot, sticky and ugly lol

The New Zealand Premier of "KING KONG" is on tonight here in Wellington.
Lots of road closers and lots of people. Not really my scene.
PJ brought a model of King Kong he made out of his mothers "stoll' <sp?> at the age of 12 to the news conference.

Finally got a look at the employment contract from the company I spoke to 2 weeks ago.

A change is as good as a break they say?

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning everyone from SE Wisconsin where the whole state is bracing for a winter storm.........being close to Lake Michigan we will get a little less snow (4 - 6 inches of the dang stuff) - farther to the north and west they may get up to 12 inches of it (better them than me!) Wish I had off today instead of tomorrow, but if it is really bad when I am supposed to leave for work I will not go in.

Had a bad day Tuesday after I left the house for work - was a little late leaving for work, then I got rear-ended on a major street near my house (no damage thank goodness - exchanged phone numbers with the driver who hit me), hit every dang red light on the way to work and then got stopped by a long train which really made me late. I'm beginning to stiffen up a little bit, but should be fine.

Liam - sometimes change needs to happen....it can be a good thing!

Have a great day everyone!
Old December 14th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning Lombard and Lisa and all to follow.

It is 08.39 hrs, I am at work with coffee, finding my collegue with a terrible cold. SO after my dayclinic appointment I send her home.

Have a nice day all!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old December 14th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Admiral

Lisa every red light is a great time to pause and meditate?
As long as you are not at the front of the que?

J! Coffee is goooood. lol

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old December 14th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Admiral

Lombard, it depends on what kind of coffee you drink
Here I have coffee brewed with love by my collegue, which is always good.
For us Dutchies there is only one good coffee brand and that is Douwe Egberts, always the best.

I slowly awake, it is quiet right now, so time for another cup.

Old December 14th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Captain

Hi Jac, Liam and Lisa,
I am not far behind you today. Woke up at 4. Darn cat stuck in the computer room.
Lisa,
Sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you don't have a soar neck tomorrow.
Tbug,
Grandma's is a good thing. (most of the time) And we still didn't get our tree. Today for sure or Bah humbug! I see you & Lisa are expecting a white day. Well, it is just like when my sis lived in MI, we would often get the weather next. Snow for us tomorrow.
Mike M, I forgot to mention that the Santa pictures are great. Now how do you rate and get the real Santa to your house!?!

Karen
Old December 14th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Lisa, I think the day after any kind of accident or fender bender is always a sore one.
Liam, I know what you mean about a change as I have been looking around myself.....new supervisor is on a power trip....only thing worse than that is when the power tripper is inept....which he is! Oh good!
This morning is our offices holiday breakfast.....argh....forced to be festive...always fun....not!
Angela Z.
Old December 14th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Man, is cold outside today!!! It's -6F (that's -21C for all of our international friends). We'll be getting that storm in a day or so, Lisa. Sorry to hear about your accident. At least it was just fender bender. Unlike mine where I only had three wheels left on my truck.

DW is getting bored already. She's not a big fan of daytime TV. Luckily she found a good movie on the tube yesterday. It was so bad, she cleaned the bathroom with one hand. What a trooper!

I started my X-mas shopping yesterday, and I came home empty handed. What a wonderful experience! I'll try again today.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! The temprature only had one number in it this morning. The only good thing is it was a positive number, if that makes a difference. Just marking time until Christmas.

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl...I woke up to a very cold house <70> and turned the heater on. Another day in paradise here.

Mike M I took a look at the pictures, very nice. How is the older girl? I thought you only had 2 grandkids
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Yeoman

Ahh geeeze...WHHHHiiiiiinnnneeeee

Yesterday started out brilliant. Then at 12 my throat was burning. at 1 I was sniffling. at 5 I was whining.

My husband woke me from my nice warm nest to inform me the bank (business) just yanked out 5k for no apparent reason. I have the flu full force and my son informs me he MUST bring cookies to school for their Christmas party, he volunteered me between the biopsy and this flu my body just can't take anymore.

Lisa, sorry about the car. Hope the stiffness isn't something bad, if you are really bad tomorrow go to the doctor.

Ahh geeeze...My son has that deep hacking cough now....he flies Saturday....I'm going back to bed.
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's -18C and pretty frosty out there today. We too are expecting a snowstorm Fri. into Sat. about 15-25 cms at last count! Maybe it'll be called a "Snow Day" and I'll have a day off....
Yesterday's day off was a busy one. After I rented a car (mine broke down), I did a whole bunch of errands, including the dog's semi-annual bath and haircut at the groomers, did some Christmas shopping, cleaned the house, put away most of the summer cruise clothes, and just general clean up. I still did not get around to decorating that poor tree. It just might "go nekkid" this year!
Lisa, glad you and your car are OK!
Texasfyre, hope you feel better soon!

donna
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Admiral

OK, my english is reasonably good, but what does "go nekkid" mean?

Old December 14th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline
OK, my english is reasonably good, but what does "go nekkid" mean?
It is naked spelled as pronounced by someone from the Southern United States.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Captain

Hi Jac. I think that is a funny way of saying go naked.

Karen
Old December 14th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Tnx DougR and Sailing Gal. I thought it had to be something like that, but you never know

Old December 14th, 2005, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning/Evening

Good morning from a still dark Southern California. I'm having one of those can't sleep sessions.

Lisa, sorry about your fender bender. I hope the soreness is nothing serious. I had a fender bender a few months ago in my DH's old car. I was really upset. I don't know how you went to work. I guess we all react to things differently.

Mike, I enjoyed your pictures, too. Didn't know they were in the gallery, so I've just seen them.

I have about half of the Christmas cards done, all of the ironing done, but still not finished shopping, and we still don't have a tree. Today is gym day for Keith.

Have a good one, alll.

Judy
Old December 14th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning all:

Snow on the way, but the weathermen seem to have changed thier minds to how much, last I heard only 2 inches coming. The day before they 6-10 inches. Drives me crazy. Just shut up till you know.

Kids have a late start today. They start two hours later for the teachers to do paper work. They have two of these every month. Better then inservice days I guess. Hope you feel better.

Son told me yesterday that his girlfriend, that he thinks he is head over heels in love with, is BiPolar! Oh, crap! Need to have a very long talk with him. He has no idea how hard that can be. Frankly he is to young to have to deal with it. He will be going off the college in the fall, and I have to say I hope it's over way before then. I know people live with this and deal and do very well with it. Others don't. But when your 17 year old is involved this young, I think it's best if he reconsidered. Yeah right, that will go over!

Tex: Hope you feel better Hon. I actually keep break and bake cookies in the freezer now cause my kids have pulled that one a few times.

Lisa: Sorry to hear of your bad day. Could always be worst I guess.

OMG-The weathermen just changed it again, now they say 3 to 5 inches. It will be interesting to see what the real amount is. I guess they have no idea. Auggghhhhh!

Gotta go drive my Daughter to school. Sorry if I missed anything.

Tina

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old December 14th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning Cruisemates from Central Texas. It is warm here with rain. Not the heavy stuff, just enough to keep the ground and streets wet. I have still not heard about the job, so hopefully today will be the day. I went through my cruise list yesterday, and now I have to make a new one.

Prayers to those who need it. Best wishes to all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Jacqueline, sorry to confuse you! I was just "pronouncing" naked, as a Southerner would. Having just come off a cruise, I heard alot of Southerners onboard, and can't help picking up their accent!

donna
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

RD, We say it funny, we don't spell it funny. Dawg gon it!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old December 14th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Admiral

How would your accent be after spending time in my country?

Old December 14th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Admiral

I have actually spent time in your country, and I get more southern, and If we spent much time together, I would have you talking like me. I had a German friend tell me that my twang was like comfort food.

Have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old December 14th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Central Florida where it has been getting a bit chillier but still very livable temperatures. We haven't turned on our heat yet Sue, it's just about 70 here in the house and I can live with that.

Feeling really bad for all of you in the Northern states with all the snow you have been getting. It isn't even officially winter yet, that isn't nice of Mother Nature to be so mean so early. T-bug it's a good thing your post wasn't longer, you'd be snowed in soon. Eddie BRRRRRR! don't envy you or Doug. Any temperature with single digits should be outlawed.

Waiting for the doctor's office to call. Have to go back in today to get 'da Coot' straightened out again. Need him to be up and about for the holidays, the girls are coming to visit.

Luanne fingers crossed for you with the job.

Jacqueline you handle our language a lot better than I do yours. Donna I hope your nekkid tree is getting dressed today.

Feel better Texas, it's not nice to have the flu during the holidays, too much to do.

Sorry to hear about the fender bender Lisa, feel better soon.

Angela and Liam change is good. Hope you both find something you like.

Have a good day everyone.

Carnival Glory
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It is Cooolllddd outside. Brrr. Single digits.
Got up and left the house at 6:45 this morning to go to Kmart to get their "toy of the day" special for Donald and Philip. Guess what, they didn't have it, nor did any store in the area receive it. Can anyone say "false advertising"? I'm disappointed as it was a really nice electric projector of stars and planets, something both boys like. At first they said no rain checks but I kind of insisted since I wasn't late for buying a limited quantity, they simply never had it at all. The customer service manager claims she will call me if it ever comes in. I'll be shocked if that call ever comes.
Car accidents and folks not feeling well.Sorry to hear about friends having bad days.
Have a good day today everyone.
Papa
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from snowy WI. I have one more doctor to see today. I'd sure love to cancel this one, but I better not. So far the roads don't look too bad.

Lisa, sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad things weren't worse, and I hope you aren't feeling any more aches or pains today.

Brenda, hope you can get some time to rest today, and have some hot chicken soup. Take care of yourself.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.

Phyll
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Reasonably decent weather in Calgary. We're managing to stay above the freezing mark which is pretty good. Might see 40 F today.

Got word that the fancy new defribillator-pacemaker made it into the country, and Dr. got the permission necessary to implant it in my mother. So... her surgery is scheduled for Tues. Hopefully her long wait will be over, and she'll start feeling well again.

Off to work shortly, and hoping for an uneventful day.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:36 AM
Yeoman

This is from another Texan who lived in Germany for 3 years. I had to learn how to control my twang, was told that my accent was horrid. But, once the spirits were in my blood, the twang got stronger, I couldn't be understood while drinking.

And, a funny note in regards to German, in school i had to take a foreign language, Spanish. My teacher had fits. Seems that for some reason, unknown to me, I was mixing my German with my Spanish and didn't hear it. I barely squeaked by and my Spanish instructor told me I needed to either take the course over again, or move to Germany!

I thought I was odd until my Psychology professor, who is fluent in German and canton and Some other language, started learning Spanish. She was doing the same thing! Mixing her German with Spanish. So I am not odd if a Psychologist does it too!
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Admiral

On the subject of accents, every time I go to the States, someone tells me I have a French accent, and that I look like Celine Dion! I am always horrified at this, and then shut up and won't talk! And someone inevitably takes me to task for saying "eh?", and it happened again this time!

donna
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Yeoman

Kuki, Great news!