Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default Already Wednesday?

Goodmorning World!

From chilly Amsterdam I wish you a great day. It is a freezing morning, but rain in the forcast, but who cares. Just another week and I am in the sun, right Floridians?

happy to know there is a CM meet coming up in Florida

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.Cold but dry this morning. More "wintry mix" coming tomorrow. Have to get out early as I have appointments in NY City this morning.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Jacqueline, it's a good thing you're not coming this weekend as we're expecting lows in the 30's and highs in the low 60's.....hoping for warmer weather for you!
Back to work today after a couple of nice long holiday weekends.
Angela Z.
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's going to be a long day today because I stayed up and watched the Orange Bowl game. It got done at 1:00am and I had to get up at 5:30am to get ready for work. UGH!!!! At least Penn State won! I never thought it would turn out to be a defensive battle. I hope the game tonight gets done a little sooner. I think I'll need a nap this afternoon.

DW is going to her doctor about her knee. It still is not right since hurting it before Thanksgiving. She's hoping she can get referred to an orthopod this week. Monday she has her surgery on her left wrist for the carpal tunnel. The right wrist is healing nicely, so she can't wait to get the other one done.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone! Don't you just love when Floridians complain about temps we would die for? Speaking of temps, where is that global warming they keep talking about? Bloodbeast and everyone else will be back at work and probably itiching to get all the projects they ignored last year done. All I can say is, just becuase it is your resolution does not make it my priority.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates and what a good morning this is.

Local newspaper sport page headline: "Canada soars into the junior final". Canada is one win away from defending its world junior hockey championship after a 4-0 semifinal win over Finland last night. Canada will meet Russia in the final game tommorow.

Have a fun Day,

Bill
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Captain

Good Morning,
It feels good to get back to a normal schedule. DH left for work and I am waiting to do my Denise workout at 7:30 then off to work for me.

More messy weather in the forecast for tomorrow Papabill? Looks like maybe another day home for DH. He is getting frustrated thinking of all the lesson plans his students are missing.

I enjoy the snow but I was feeling cabin fever yesterday.

Ed,
Your poor wife-wrists and her knee! At least it sounds like everything is getting better.

J,
I noticed you are coming to visit FL soon. Lucky you! Got out of that cold!

Karen
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where my WeatherEye says "light snow grains".
Odd, but that's what we're getting! Temp is -9C, roughly 20F so not too bad.
It sure is dull and gray though, doesn't help the "back to the grind depression".
James is off all week with his Shingles, and feeling pretty rotten too, poor guy.
Son's company follows the school calendar, so he's off till next week. He's supposed to go sledding today with g/f and her little sisters.

I'm back to work, but don't expect to be too busy this week. At the most yesterday, we only had 20 kids out of 80. Ease back slowly.....

donna
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is about 4 degrees and the windows are pretty frosted. I love to look at the intricate designs the frost makes on the glass. As much as I hate the cold I have to try something to be thankful for, so today it will be for the lovely patterns etched in ice.

I kinda petered out yesterday and didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped. Oh, well. As I posted in the Ping Pong thread, I might escape tonight and go to the movies, just to take a short break. I seem to be emotionally drained, cranky and teary. It is not normal for me, so I'm not enjoying it.

Yesterday I arranged to host a Birthday Brunch for my sister on Sunday. We will be 11 I believe. I will be making my stuffed french toast casserole, but other than that I'm not sure what to make, so I guess I need to start thinking about it and planning. Thankfully most of the house is clean and will only need a quick touch up.
On the downside my daughter will be flying out on Monday, and there will be a lot going on to get her ready to leave. I guess maybe I can slow down around next Tuesday, if all goes according to plan.

Need to get cracking and make a few Thank You cards for some of the lovely gifts I received during Christmas. Need to put to use all the crafting supplies I've accumulated before my husband sees them as useless junk on his quest to rid the house of all things he deems useless.

Must wake up my DD and get her moving. She is going to her Memere's today to have some clothes altared. I'm sure they will eat lunch and play cards as well. Her room is a diaster, but I'm trying to bite my tongue as she will be gone in a few days and I'll be missing her mess terribly in a week or so.

Hope that you all have a pleasant day

Ed - truly hope your wife gets some help for her knee, and that wrist #2 does as well as the first
RD - poor James! Hope he is beginning to be a bit more comfortable.
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Sweet VTJen,

I think you are just tired of the busy time you had and have, and that makes you emotional. And you host a birtday party and you make a casserole.
I have deep respect for you how you manage your busy life, but maybe it is time to take time for Jen only?

Enjoy the CON, we do not know the books, but the film is out in the theatres here. Go for it.

A hug from this side of the pond

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Yeoman

good morning!

Wow..i guess it was my turn for the sleepies! last night i was reading a book, all nice and cozy, when the next thing i know something is pulling on me! my husband was removing my glasses, startled me, and i shot off the couch. It was 5:30 pm. He sent me to bed where i preceded to snooze until 7:45. I guess my internal "chat" alarm woke me up, but the chat was down again.

today i am going grocery shopping, riding my stationary bike, gotta loose this weight! and finish the house cleaning. My mother-in-law is coming out the 20th to celebrate my son's birthday, such a sweet woman! I am a very lucky person, she treats my son as her own flesh and blood grandson. Not many women will do that. I can't say enough about her!

Still haven't gotten my hair trimmed. Maybe I will today.

take care all!
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Cruisemates from Central Texas. It is warm here again. We were suppose to have a cold front come through last night, but it still feels the same. I am not working today, as far as I know, but the house is a mess, so i guess that will be my job.

Looking forward to the Rose Bowl tonight. It should be a good one. Doesn't this Reggie Bush everyone is talking about, play for USC? Can't wait to see what all the fuss is all about.

Eddie, I pray that your wife will soon be without pain.

RD I read your reviews from your cruise last night. I really enjoyed them, but puts mine to shame.

Everyone have a great day, and remember to love someone.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Morning Texas, did the long night sleep make you feel better?

Old January 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Yeoman

Actually, yes it did! I guess I needed the sleep! How are you doing in Amsterdam? Those yummy's look great!
Old January 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........weather is still the same here....that's good I guess.......

Not much on the agenda today......just catching up on the end of the year things........

Y'all have a good Wednesday.....

Sharon
Old January 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default Already Wednesday?

Good morning from Southern California. Where is everybody? Kinda of a light response today, yes?

It's gym day for Keith. He went yesterday, too, to get in a least a couple of workouts this week. We decided to spend the night in San Pedro on Thursday and then visit the mall on the way home to return some Christmas gifts that didn't fit. We both look forward to meeting some CM's Thursday night.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old January 4th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Warming trend growing in Calgary again. Could be close to 50 F when we fly out tomorrow!

Have to head out and find a new vacum cleaner for my night cleaning staff. Drop it off at work, then meet some friends who have finally decided they want to go on a cruise, so we're meeting over coffee to let them pick my brain. Hope they leave something in there.

Final packing is underway... and tomorrow we're GONE! 8)
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 4th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Good morning from a gloomy, damp Vancouver. I had a wonderful time off over Xmas. Work on the 30th&31st and yesterday went well! No work until next Monday!
First of all(before I forget) Have Fun! all those on the 'Getting Lei'd"cruise!
Nothing too much planned for today;I have 2 unneeded items to return to the stores. Ballet(for the girls) as usual.
I hope everyone has a great day(good luck to you Doug with the Bloodbeast!lol)!
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda