Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:00 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning, from windy Southern California. Like yesterday, fire alerts, sinus alerts, and allergy alerts. Humidity here is less than 15 percent, so very dry, very dangerous from a fire standpointand from a sinus and allergy standpoint. Man, I'm sufferin" :

I tried the Monday night chat room . . . surprised that I got on . . .NOT comfortable with it . . . will stick with the Good Morning thread.

As I posted on the Monday night chat thing, my mother is decliningl I hope Keith and I can do the Cruise of the Century. We've earned it

Have a good Tuesday, CM's

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi:

I'm an insomniac so I'm always awake way past midnight. I usually go to bed about 1 or 2 AM and try to get a little sleep. One thing that's really has me frustrated now.....I was just on the RCI website trying to print out my set sail pass for my cruise in two months and their system is really messed up. It said I didn't enter all the information and I had; and then I went to reserve some tours and they said they couldn't access my reservation number, even though I entered it several times. We were on the Radiance last September and I didn't have any problems printing the set sail pass then. I was reading on another board about their computer system being messed up. Someone said they double booked a whole cruise and now they're trying to straighten out that mess....whew!

I didn't mean to be a complainer this early in the morning......
Anyway, good moring to everyone.

Happy cruising.....Buddy
Old January 24th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Admiral

Wow, dueling Tuesday threads. Let's see who gets the most posts.
Off to the Big Apple again later today. Hopefully weather will be a bit less sloppy than yesterday.
Gram has off today so she is sleeping late.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Old January 24th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Snow has stopped for now. More seasonable weather on tap for NH' s Lakes Region sunny but only up to 35 today. Work today for me. I traded my day off today to have tomorrow off. Tomorrow is the meeting that I hope will place Patty with me. Please pray for us. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning again from Orlando!
Angela Z.
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a bit chilly here in upstate NY where I got a real workout scraping my windshield. If I only had a two-car garage!

DW goes to the orthopedic surgeon today to find out what they are going to do with her knee. It's a good thing her wrists are healing, although she's not ready to handle crutches yet. We'll wait and see.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 24th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the left coast of central FL........been a great week here for tourists!.....almost summer-like. Another cool down expected in a couple of days.

Getting excited about the Liberty ...... Lisa, Desertcruzer, April, Mermaid, Queeg, too! .... oh....and CA.....how could I forget CA!
Old January 24th, 2006, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Not too much going on here. Finally have enough snow for a ski race, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Our team hasn't been on skis for awhile, as we've had no snow for over a week. Light dusting yesterday.

Went to see Pride and Prejudice last night, it finally came. I will stick to the six hour version. This one felt so rushed.

Ed hope your wife's appointment gets good results
Laura - hope the meeting puts Patty back with you. What a long wait it has been.

AnitaBuddy - hope you get everything straightened out

Papa - have fun in the Big Apple. Wish I were going. Really feel a need
to shop. Bloomingdales, Macy's. I need a new outfit for my nieces wedding.

Judy - hope some moisture comes your way, soon!

Good Day to you all!
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Admiral

It's a brand new day here in Canada, with a brand new political party in charge, and a brand new Prime Minister, Stephen Harper. Can't say I'm exactly happy with Canada's choice, but the people have voted for change, so I guess we'll have to see what the new change brings....

Today is my day off, and as usual, I have lots to do. Weather's not too bad, -2C and dull, with possible snow flurries. Whoopeeee.

donna
Old January 24th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning gang! Its a beautiful sunny day today, a bit on the chilly side, but no snow. We ended up with about 6" yesterday of the heavy wet stuff. Not much going on at work today. Have a good one!
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I tried the Monday night chat room . . . surprised that I got on . . .NOT comfortable with it . . . will stick with the Good Morning thread.
Judy... good on ya for trying out the chat. It takes a bit of getting used to, so don't think you should give up so quickly.

Go in during the day and look at SETTINGS you can actually slow down the scrolling speed, and in FONTS make the font larger, and easier to read.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............just got home with Miss Alice.....she's with grandpa thinking about going back to sleep.......

Not too much going on today.........

Y'all have a good Tuesday........

Sharon
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Yeoman

Good morning from Texas. Sun is shining, a bit nippy outside now, but will warm up.

Stepped on the scale this morning, and instead of it groaning from the weight, it actually was quiet. I have lost 17 pounds since October 20th. I still have 25 more pounds to go, but 11 for my cruise! I think I can do that in 47 days.

My weekend was a doozy. My sister gave birth to a 7 bound little girl on Friday, My baby turned 10 on Saturday, my mother-in-law left on Sunday, and I worked all day Monday. WHEW..today is my off day.

Judy, my thoughts with you for your mom. It's hard.

Buddy, welcome to my world. I get 3-4 hours a sleep daily. it sucks!

Laura, I will have my fingers crossed for you.

Ed...good luck to your wife!
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter FL. Really feels warm out there today. Clouds are rolling in----hope they roll right back out so I can go to the beach. The other day Jake and I sat there in the wind and sand blasting, but it was fun watching the surfers and also a cruise ship out in the distance.

Judy, sorry to hear about your mom. Hope things improve for her. I'm glad that you and Tide Pride visited chat last night. It takes a little while to get used to the speed, but I agree with Kuki---don't give up. Sometimes it's so slow you'd think we were all sleeping.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Passenger

Judy,

Prayers for your Mom and you.
Pam in Kentucky
Old January 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!!!! There was a bad one car accident on the street that adjoins my cul-de-sac. It is a 35 mph two lane rural road, and most traffic moves faster than that. There was a fatality late last year just up the road. In this case the car crashed head-on into a utility pole and ended up hanging by the rear wheels from the wires. They had to bring in the life flight helicopter and EMTs said the driver was not expected to make it. The street was still closed this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Just wanted to say hello here also. As I posted on the other GM thread-nothing too exciting to report.
Tex-good for you re:weight loss! How can you function with that little sleep every night? My husband is also sleep deprived as he gets up at 3 am to go to work, but often has a short nap when he comes home from work- which must help. I definitely need 8 hrs./night of sleep.
Take care. Bye for now. Brenda
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon,
I'm home after being at my mom's for 5 days. She has Parkinson's Disease and I think the Disease is winning now. It was an eye-opening few days.
I lucked out with good warm weather over there, and my niece, Andrea, the sister of Sarah who was going to USF, is there also so it was OK.
Here in Avon Park, FL. the skies are cloudy. The front is coming through but the temp is still in the mid 70's.

We've not been on a cruise since the latter part of October, so we're going to have to seriously start looking pretty soon.

Take care, Everybody. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Well, I had to work a second job today,it pays for my cruises, woohoo! and I did not get online until now. 4:10pm, sunny and warm now. I trust everyone had a great day!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.