Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday and I'm still up early. Morning all

Nice weather this morning and then the April rain returns later. If this continues the flowers are going to start blooming. Staus at Virusworld is Madelyn is showing all signs of being on the mend. She is still sick, sometimes cranky but mostly her old self. Another week should have her back to her old self. Prbably could say the same for my daughter but she hasn't been cranky. We all got some needed sleep. My son in law crashed on the couch and never realized when he woke that he had been out for hours.
Gram is working today. I really need a fix of the other 4 munchkins this weekend. I'll make some calls and see who wants to hang out with Papa
later today.
Bon Voyage to all cruising this weekend .
Oh yes, a happy birthday to my little brother Joe. He was born on 2/4/68.
Easiest birthday in the world to remember.
Have a great day everyone.
Papa
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! Another spring like day forcast for NH's Lakes Region. It is raining right now but the sun should be out later. Work for me today. PapaBill, so nice to hear your family is feeling better. I too wish your brother a happy birthday!!! Have a great day CruiseMates!

Laura
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning CruiseMates. This global warming is playing a number on us, rain and more rain for early February? We should be waist high in the white stuff.

Leaving on a real early flight tomorrow morning and will report back in two weeks.

Phyllbo, make sure it's beach weather warm in Ft. Lauderdale tomorrow.

It seems like it was only yesterday when we started planning for this cruise, time flies by.

Have a fun weekend and I'll you all on the 19th.

Bill
Old February 4th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all!! A great day in Houston today. COLD, yeehaa, more seasonable, and clear. Watching the webcam and observing the cruise ships come into Galveston. Catch you all later.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........windy & rainy is the forcast.....

Papa.........glad to hear that your family is somewhat getting back to normal......

Great cruises to those that are leaving........

Y'all have a great Saturday.........

Sharon
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Morning all from Montreal, and I hate to sound like a broken record, but it's dull, gray and wet once again! Yesterday was a nightmare of rain and freezing rain, and it looks like more rain or a bit of snow for today. At 2C or 35F it's way too warm for February!

James is off over the border this morning to NY state to pick up his favourite cheese and anything that might be in his post office box. Alot of places won't deliver to Canada, so he opened a PO Box.

I am off to stretch and tone at Pilates this morning, then possibly shopping with my son this afternoon. He needs pants for work.

PapaBill, glad to hear things are on the mend in your family. Stay healthy!

donna
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from cloudy SE Florida. Lots of rain last night, but things should be clearing out today.
BW, you may get to see the sun tomorrow. It should be cool, but that doesn't stop those northerners from going to the beach.

Wish I was going to get to see ML off by attending the dinner in Orlando tonight. I also wish I could be in Fort Lauderdale for the Phlamingo cruisers send off dinner. Jake won't be home til this afternoon so no way any of that was going to workout.

Well I better stop wishing my day away and get busy doing something.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs,

Bon Voyage to all who are cruising and PB so glad to heart hat your family illness is finally getting better. Just make sure to get all those germs off before seeing the other little ones.
Its a rainy and will be getting cool later on. We really needed the rain, so not complaining.
Wishing you all a healthy and happy weekend.

GO STEELERS!!!!
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Rushing to get to my son's ski race. At almost 40 degrees it won't be good skiing. The season ends at the end of the month, it has been very discouraging.

The walking stomachs came over last night (my son's friends). They brought food with them. Four teenage boys, 2 large pizzas, 2 orders buffalo wings, 4 litres of soda. I had made cookies. Who knows what else. Nothing but a few crumbs and a couple cookies. Must be cause they didn't come til 8:30 and had already eaten supper. They watched a movie for school. Had two pick three movies from a particular genre and then do some sort of paper on them. They have seen all three now. They were in a chatty mood and stayed late, and were very loud and silly. I just kept telling myself that soon they would be dispersed to all corners of the USA for college, to just enjoy the noise.

Dog continued to be sick off and on all day yesterday. He must have gotten into something. Husband and I are trying to finish our taxes. I will be very glad when they are done.

Have a great day,
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Yeoman

G'day Mates from an ugly looking Heat of Dixie.
Currently overcast with temp at 42F and a high about 45F.. The low tonight is 27F which is COLD for us. I can test my theory that humans do not function well below 32F.
I have zero planned today. Nothing, Zip, nada. The only thing I plan is to buy some printer paper for the puter. Exciting huh ??
Papa, you need to get off this early morning kick of posting and get back to more normal hours.
Have a good one guys !

Regards,
Ben
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from wet gray Orlando where things will be nicer this afternoon...looking forward to dinner with Mary Lou tonight.
PapaBill, after I read your brothers birthday I had to add "who do we appreciate!". My father in law had a neat birthday in 2/3/23. (we drank a toast to him last night)
Angela Z.
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Yeoman

are you sure it's morning? Really? Went to bed at 1:30ish, my phone starts ringing at 3:33. My baby brother. Hate those calls in the dead of the night. He is okay, but, very long story. Tried to go back to sleep, finally did at 4:30, husband up at 5, taking the loudest shower in the world (shampoo bottled beating the glass wall, etc. It goes on....

Papa, your brother is 4 months and 1 day younger then me.

I am still in a fog, so i will come back and edit this. Probably written in some language of gobbly-gook.

Have a wondrous day
Old February 4th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone,

Betty and I will be having dinner with Steve (Y2C) this evening. We will be dining at Tony Roma's at the Mall of America. We'll be thinking of all of you wishing Mary Lou a hearty Bon Voyage.

Otherwise it will be housecleaning and some errands to run. I will see once Betty awakens how she is feeling. She is still fighting this flu. She has stayed home from work three of five days this week. I think that is a record for her, other than for surgery or for having to take care of me.

Well, it's time to take a run around the boards and then take Mr. Kramer out for his morning doodies.

Take care and have a great day.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday and I'm Still Up Early. Morning All

Good morning from a foggy Southern California. Temps in the 80's today.

PapaBill, I'm happy that your family has turned the flu corner. I hope everyone there will be back to normal soon.
Mike, tell Betty I wish her back to blooming health really soon. Say hi to Steve for Keith and me.

Today is Haz Mat day. We will load up the Integra with an old t.v. (not even cable ready!), puter parts, and unknown fluids to take to the hazardous materials site this morning.

I plan to work some ironing in, but nothing else going on. Exciting, yes

Enjoy today, all.

Judy
Old February 4th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Finally, I get a Saturday where I'm not going to a funeral. First one in a month. I get to do some stuff around the house.

Poor DW!!! She went to the surgeon yesterday and he told her that she can go back to work Monday. She's been off for 8 weeks and she's been getting stir crazy. There is just a bit of tenderness around the incision sites, but the numbness is totally gone. Now she has to wait until the 3rd of March to get her knee scoped. The wrist surgeries need a bit more time to heal before she can handle crutches. Maybe an April cruise is in order.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Calgary is also experiencing a bit of mild winter weather. Cooler for tomorrow, but they say back up to the 50s F by mid week.

Glad to see some of the cm folks who've been sick on the mend.

Wish I was going to be at one of the CM gatherings this weekend as well. Will just have to pretend when we have dinner with friends here tonight.
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Good Morning from still fogging So Cal. As Judy said, it is suppose to be in the 80s today!??

Only 2 weeks until we leave on the Sapphire. Everything is gathered in the guest bedroom and almost ready for packing, just a couple more items to iron....Judy you interested? And what is it about today? I am also going to Rainbow disposal to take all our old hazardous materials in. Great minds think alike!

Mike, say hi to Steve for me too!

Make it a great day Cruisemates.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302