Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning.. Mothers' Day

Good morning to all of the mothers out there, especially my DF, Sandra. I sincerely hope you will all have a wonderful day. Houston has 72F (no, Rdonna, the temp isn't broken) and rain in the afternoon forecast. A late start I see for the thread this morning. I'll do more later today...Bye all

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Captain

Are alll the mothers out having breakfast?
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Is it possible, I'm the 2nd one up on this Mother's Day?
Michael, I see your thermometer is not broken today!
I think ours is though, for the 3rd day in a row, it's only about 11-12C (low 50'sF) and dreary, rainy and windy. Perfect day for staying indoors.....

This morning, hubby and I will drive to just over the border in Ontario to visit the cemetary where my mom and dad are buried. Last Mother's Day we buried her there, in a small family ceremony. This will be my first visit back, and I want to take her some flowers. Mother's Day is just not the same anymore.

donna
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Dreary and so rainy, it feels like tears. Bruce will be making his famous spagetti dinner today, and no cooking for Trip!

A happy Moms day wish for everyone..Dads, you're next!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 14th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Happy Mothers Day to all Moms out there. Yesterday was Birth Mothers Day and I got a lovely card. I doubt that I will hear from my daughter but I can only hope. I work today so I will be cooking. Rainy and dreary here in NH's Lakes Region. Have a great day all.

Laura
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning and Happy Mother's day to all of you Moms out there. It is a beautiful day here in Hot Springs.

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe day.
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, Everyone!
Thank you, Mehawk for the great beginning of a special day We have 3 mothers we honor in our family; my mother, Trevor's mother, and my step-mother (who will be married to my father 50 years in Sept!)

It's about 63-65 here in Avon Park, FL, depending on whether you are in the sun. The sun IS shining and hardly a breeze at this time.

Trevor just got up and is getting ready for church so I won't be too far behind. He is setting a record for attendance, so I know he likes this new church and new Pastor. This is an instance where "change is good".

We'll spend a lazy day here. It will be a regular Sunday for us, unless I get some calls from my sons. I was talking via email to one last night as well as "chatting" with the other one later via IM so I've heard from them.
Trevor and I will be making calls to our mothers, I'm sure.

So, have a terrific day. Cherish your memories and try to build some good new ones!!!
Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning, all. Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there. It is a very dreary day in the "Burgh". The kind of day to take a nap or two. I'm sure that is on the agenda for later. We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday with the kids and had a very nice time. I think Gary and I will try to go to P.F. Changs for lunch since we didn't get there for our anniversary. Hopefully, if we time it right, it won't be overly crowded. I hope you all have a wonderful day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 14th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where the heavens are thundering. I sure hope we can get some rain out of it. None so far. Today I have tons of work to do to get ready for the week. Only two weeks left of school, and the natives are getting restless. They need things to keep them busy.

To all the mothers out there. Have a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Happy Mother's Day to all our CM MOMS!!

In honor of Mrs. Kuki and Mother's Day I'm not golfing (even though temps in Calgary are going to the 70s F )

Mrs. K got her gift on the Rock the Locks cruise, so at least I had no shopping to do. The boys are coming over for brunch, so hopefully they'll bring a token gift.

Will then head over for visit with my own mother.

Mothers really are the most important people in the world. And ALL you CM Moms should be proud of the job you're done!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 14th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning . . . Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day, all! Will call my own mother today in Minnesota.

Judy
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Happy Mothers Day from Orlando where I received an unusual pair of gifts....a nunchuck! Too funny....I went to Catholic school and was of course traumatized by the nuns so my kids got me a cute little catapult that chucks nuns! Also received a gorgeous platinum and diamond bracelet....looks oh so good with my gym shorts and t shirt and really looked spectacular when I wore it grocery shopping this am!
Angela Z.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny warm, FL. Jake and I joined my brother's family for breakfast at the outdoor restaurant earlier this morning. It's a great place, but it was odd to be told when we were seated that we shouldn't sit around after we ate because they were going to be so busy. My niece who is a waitress promptly let the lady know how rude that sounded. The woman who seated us that is also the owner. Hmmm.

We got a little sun in by the pool and now it's time for Jake to pack up and head out to the airport.

Kuki, I got the same Mother's Day gift that Geela did. Jake asked me, while we were on the cruise, what I wanted for Mother's Day. I told him the cruise would do, and he believed me. It really was a fantastic gift.

Phyll
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:37 PM
First Mate

Happy Mother's Day - 75 and cloudy in Charlotte - will be talking to my mom a bit later in rainy Baltimore. Talked with my Atlanta daughter this morning.

Have a great day
2003 Carnival Triumph
2004 Carnival Conquest
2005 Carnival Valor
2005 Carnival Spirit
2006 Carnival Valor
2007 Carnival Liberty
2007 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Freedom

2009 Royal Caribbean Grandeur
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Hello Again,
I have since had an email from my stepfather telling me that my mother will be discharged on Saturday from the facility she's been in since March in Venice, FL. I guess that is good news for us all, as for awhile we didn't think she'd ever get back home.
She and Dad will be home in Englewood FL for 2-3 weeks pending her condition and the purchase of a van with a lift. If everything goes well, they will drive up to their house in New York State for the Summer, as usual. Plans for the Fall are open.
My mother's condition is "uneven". She has days when she's very lucid and alert and others when she is quite confused. However, at this point, Dad says she has more good days than bad and he won't put her in a nursing home environment. He doesn't think she would last very long, based on her attitude and behavior concerning that care. She has never wanted to be in one.
So, I think that is a nice Mother's Day present to all of us in the family!

It sounds as if you've all been enjoying a special day!! Take care. Lynne

Ruby Princess