Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:59 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning to everyone!! It is early but I am up because I just got in from another job. So, I will post the morning post here. It is currently 1am here in Houston and it is still 81F . Hot and humid. .

Since no one is on right now, I will check back in later in the morning. Meanwhile, I'll jump into bed and dream of our cruise again.... uummmm.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Good morning Mehawk and all to follow. Nice and cool here n SE Wisconsin........low 60's right now and low humifity...perfect weather for our part of the state this time of year!

Counting down to my Radiance cruise...................just wish it was sooner!!!!!
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Captain

Buon Giorno,
It is cooler here also but lots of rain. Today is "Grandma" visit day for Ryan and I. We missed seeing Grandma last week with Ryan being sick. Everyone is sleeping, how quiet around here.
The boss let everyone know I will be taking a couple days to get ready for my trip. This will give me a chance to get my affairs in order. Three whole weeks without my little guy! I hope I am not too homesick.
I think I might get used to not cleaning doggie hairs and picking up after two messy "guys". On second thought, maybe I won't be too homesick-just a little. DH will get a chance to see how much I actually do aound the house.

Karen
Old June 27th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! It is another very rainy day in the "Burgh". We awoke to the sounds of pouring rain. It started on Sunday and there is no end in sight until at least Saturday. So much for the wall project! I hope you all have a wonderful day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's

ML, you are getting the weather that was in Florida last week. Enjoy!
not much happening here, work,work, work.
Finally paid off the Century cruise bill. Now I can look for shore excursions,do the tee shirts, & dream.
See you tonight on chat.
Carole 8)
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I woke up to rain this morning, but as I drove into the parking lot at work, the sun began to shine through the clouds. I hope it will stay that way, but I'm not holding my breath. We've had so much rain lately, that everything in the house feels like the rails on a cruise ship. Oh, how I love that sticky feeling. If I put on some island music, and I close my eyes,... I can pretend, can't I?

Not much else going on today, so...

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!! Busy day ahead at work, the fun never ends .

Mary Lou, if it keeps raining you may be building a sea wall

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old June 27th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Hello!
"The sun is shining here in Avon Park, FL." I haven't started like that in a few days! We are getting back into the dryer pattern again since the LOW is out of our area. It still rained quite a bit last night.
Still no cabin assignment for our November cruise but it is a guarantee so we may not have one until we get to the ship. I just read Kuki's article about "Guarantee Cabins" and understand the concept. We discovered Run of House while booking hotel rooms. This is the same thing. In both cases, our hotel rooms were quite adequate. On our Golden cruise in 2001, we had no assignment and it was a regular paid cabin. We received the upgrade of our life on that ship and we were hooked!!

Nothing else new and exciting. Our temps will be creeping up to around 90 over the next few days again.

Bye for now. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sun is shining here in Boston, for 2 straight days..oh,my
Tomnorow is some more rain...I wonder if i can book an SS caat on the ark

I work tomorrow, and then I am off till mid July..yayayayayay.
I may start a road trip, and have moring tea, at all your homes...start the water boiing

Makeit a good one,

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 27th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Hasn't warmed up since Lisa posted. We seem to be in a pattern of showers and cool temps.

Things are pretty quiet around here. Just wanted to say hi.

Phyll
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Well, grey skies again. Yesterday it just poured all day. It is dry at present, but more rain scheduled for later in the day, and all day tomorrow. We are under a flash flood watch. The ground is so soggy. It seems we will never get to use the pool.

Busy day today. There is just so much stress here. I think my stomach is permanently messed up. I also have an odd floating lump in the layers of my cheek tissue, down near my jaw line, it isn't really adhered to anything, as when you put your finger on it it moves back and forth, but it is painful. I hope it just goes away, but if it is still there by the first of next week I will call the doctor.

Wish I had something fun or interesting to report.

Gotta leave for work soon, I'm sure that there will be extra to do with me being gone part of last week.

Hope you all have happy, safe day's.
Old June 27th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

Good Morning Friends! I'm taking my sister to the Airport this morning...she's off to Florida to visit my other sis...I offered to go along and help with the shopping Trip, but they wouldn't take me up on it!

Trip, if you're down the Ohio way, you better stop in! !

Old June 27th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another gorgeous day on tap in Calgary. Any Alaska cruisers doing land tours through the Canadian Rockies at the moment are in for a treat with this great weather.

I was shocked yesterday to finally get some people applying for jobs during the Calgary Stampede. If they show up, I may not get as stranded for help as I was expecting in this tough job market.

On a downer today, they announced a 33% increase in our electricity rates today. For my business that means about an extra $2500 /month!! YIKES!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Still hot and muggy here.

Keith night owled and didn't comed to bed til about 5:30 a.m., so he's still sleeping. Not much going on today.

Have a good one, all.

Judy
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone from the Tidewater of Va. Where yep you guessed it,,,It's also raining. Wow have we had lots of rain,,,with more rain in the forecast. I guess this low thingee is stalled over us sooooo,,,,not looking good. Yikes,,,just figures with a long weekend coming up.
Hope eveyone has a great Tuesday,,,mine is fast heading for the toilet,,<bg>

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's looks to be a nice day here. We had a bit of skunk problem last night but let's just say the skunk won't be returning.

Kuki: I have great idea how you can save money on electricity and make tasty fu fu drinks at the same time: I hear this girl is now looking for a job.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

"Heat wave........tropical heat wave".......rerun.......the weather is staying the same............good but bad....terrible to work in.......

Trip.....I've got the water on........what kind of tea should I stock up on?!?!?

Not much happening today.....just work.....

Y'all have a great Tuesday...........

Sharon
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Kuki, Yikes. That is incredible. Mike, that is too funny

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 27th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Admiral

come west Linda, come west, not to far from you!!
Old June 27th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Electric

I can attest to the picture that Mike posted above.

We were together on Maui. Stopped at a stand for a smoothie. There was no electric to run the blender. The lovely gal put all the good stuff in the blender then jumped on the bicycle and started peddling. The belt pulled the generator and thus she had electric. You can see the rest. And Helen was looking on amazed. The smoothy was delicious.

Good work Mike.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old June 28th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Beginner

Hi Mehawk. We are in Houston also and I believe the next couple of nights are supposed to be in the low 70's. Enjoy!