Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Default How Many People Do You Tell ???

When you had a negative cruise experience that was so bad, you would not cruise that particular ship or cruise line again in the near future ?

After you have spread the word regarding your negative experience, what does it take to make you eat your words and go back on that exact same ship and ports of call ?

What's your "price" in terms of the cruise line providing a voucher towards your next cruise (with the assumption they are not going to give you a free cruise)
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Admiral

It depends on the severity of the problem, and how the particular line handled the problem. Many years ago, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I had a very bad time aboard the "Carnivale". Raw sewerage coming up in the shower drain, and an odor that absolutely ran you out of the cabin. Carnival did all they could to rectify the problem, (the ship was full, so no other cabins were available), but fortunately it was a short cruise, and we were back home without too much discomfort. Carnival wound up giving us 100% refund on the cruise, but we didn't sail Carnival at all again for nearly 10 years. We have, however started sailing the line again recently, and as a matter of fact, have just returned from the Valor, and have the Glory, and the Liberty both booked in the near future. IMO Carnival now gives you lot of bang for the buck. 8)
See you aboard,
Ken
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Venice:

I haven't had a cruise so bad that I wouldn't go back on a ship. If I did have one that bad I don't think there would be any incentive to get me back.

Plumbing problems, ships needing a dry dock, a surly crew member and mediocre food are usually one time things or things that fluctuate between cruises. I'll give a ship a second chance to redeem itself.

I don't like sailing on really big ships but that's just a personal preference. I'll won't book one for my wife and I but I sure would if I was going with the kids.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 14th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Admiral

In October Trevor had a bad experience on a Princess ship concerning the "winning" of a free chain necklace from the "Inch of Chain"sponsored boutique. His name was drawn and announced by the CD during dinner so that MANY people heard it, including our cabin steward!! The worst part was that it didn't end up being free and we were charged for it TWICE!! The bill was challenged and finally rectified through little help from Princess. Trevor swore he'd never sail on the line again.

This year we will take our first Carnival cruise--but--we will probably return to Princess next year because with the last cruise finally got to the next level of "perks". Plus, we feel comfortable on Princess. It's like "home" to us. Trevor will stay away from the chains display!!! But-he does have the necklace as a "souvenir".

Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old July 15th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Captain

Default Bad Experience on Cruise

A few years ago, we sailed on a cruise line that starts with the letter "C", and it wasn't Carnival.

The staff was rude from the first day. I got yelled at one day by the ship photograpers for wandering into one of their shots of a group. He told me to "get out of my shot!". :evil:

This particular ship allowed smoking in the dining room, and although we were in the non-smoking area, the large group at the next table was smoking like crazy. When we complained to the head waiter, the reply was "what can I do, they're part of a large group".

The food was mediocre at best. Nothing really repugnant, but nothing memorable either.

When would I cruise with this line again? NEVER! Even if it were free.