CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Dancing With The Stars (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/319079-dancing-stars.html)

Trip August 14th, 2006 07:24 PM

Dancing With The Stars

This is the new line up for Dancing With the Stars:

Tucker Carlson Jerry Springer Vivica A. Fox, Harry Hamlin, Joey Lawrence, Mario Lopez, Sara Evans, Willa Ford, Monique Coleman, former beauty queen Shanna Moakler and three-time Super Bowl champion Emmitt Smith.

For the fans of the show out there, do you care for these selections? I must admit, I have not heard of a few names on this list.

susancruzs August 14th, 2006 07:28 PM

The Tribune was making a big deal out of Tucker Carlson being on and if he would wear his signature bow tie. I've only seen him in a talk show or news show format so it should be interesting.

Haven't heard of some of the others either!

Mean Dean August 14th, 2006 07:32 PM

Not a Dancing with the Stars fan, but it's interesting to note that Vivica A. Fox is in a cruise movie.

For better or worse it is: Boat Trip!

Dean

Trip August 14th, 2006 07:34 PM

I predict Joey Lawrence will be the next Drew Lachey...They said Tucker has dropped his bow tie....

Luanne Russo August 14th, 2006 07:48 PM

I like the line up. It is cute that Harry Hamlin is trying it, after his wife did it last season.

I know who all but one are. It should be a good show.

Luanne

ready2gonow August 14th, 2006 07:53 PM

I'm not familiar with most of the stars, but that is not a problem. I really enjoy the program and their personalities come through quickly enough that you get to know them in short order. It takes a lot of nerve for some of these folks to get up there!

Lynne&Trevor August 14th, 2006 08:27 PM

I know who most of them are and enjoyed Joey Lawrence when he was on last time.
I must admit that I can't stand Tucker Carlson but maybe I'll learn to tolerate him if his personality is better on this show.

Lynne

Cindy August 14th, 2006 09:12 PM

I'm sure I'll be watching each week. even though I'm not too thrilled with a couple of those so-called "Stars" who will be participating. Never heard of most of the names. I'll be mostly interested in seeing Harry Hamlin strut his stuff. :)
Cindy

CruisinK n J August 14th, 2006 09:29 PM

Dancing with the Stars

I've only heard of three of 'em, but that's okay! I can't wait for the show to start again. When will it start, Trip?

Judy

fllady August 14th, 2006 09:42 PM

Jerry Springer YUK!

Trip August 14th, 2006 10:02 PM

Two hr episode..September 12th..I am betting Tom, will, again have a new host this season .....

Lynne&Trevor August 15th, 2006 08:12 AM

We will certainly tune in. After all, we didn't know all the stars on the very first season, and then Drew and John became household words.Some of the dancing was amusing, some of it just utterly fabulous! Kelly also got better known.

Lynne

OTown August 15th, 2006 08:16 AM

JERRY!
JERRY!
JERRY!
JERRY!
JERRY!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What other "D LIST" celebs will they come up with next?

skymaster August 15th, 2006 10:28 AM

I never heard of most of them either. Only watched the last two or three episodes last season, but must admit I enjoyed those. I'll give it a shot.

Ken

BEACH DOUG August 15th, 2006 10:47 AM

Re: Dancing With The Stars

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
Joey Lawrence.

WHOA!

:D

LisaK August 15th, 2006 01:48 PM

Sara Evans is a beautiful country singer
Mario Lopez played "Slater" on "Saved by the Bell" I would keep an eye on him, he did alot of dancing on Saved by the Bell.
Jerry Springer - not a fan, but who knows he might surprise.
Joey Lawrence - another child actor grown-up, can't remember the name of his show.
Harry Hamlin - married to Lisa Rinna(sp) he also stared in "LA Law"

BEACH DOUG August 15th, 2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK
Sara Evans is a beautiful country singer
Mario Lopez played "Slater" on "Saved by the Bell" I would keep an eye on him, he did alot of dancing on Saved by the Bell.
Jerry Springer - not a fan, but who knows he might surprise.
Joey Lawrence - another child actor grown-up, can't remember the name of his show.
Harry Hamlin - married to Lisa Rinna(sp) he also stared in "LA Law"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lossomlogo.jpg

cruisinforever August 15th, 2006 09:46 PM

Dancing with the stars

Loved last season (Tom Bergeron, host, is from my town). Wish every man had his disposition. Don't know many of the contestants, but that will be o.k. Looking forward to this show and Amazing Race.

Betty