Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default It's Funny.....

But, with chatting from people all over the globe, you sometimes have preconceived notions about other posters... sometimes, when you meet a chatter for the first time, its hard to know if he/she is a male or female, till the chat starts going. Personalities usually come through eventually, for the most part, don't you think?

On the other hand some people chat BIG, and in reality, they are actually shy...Of course eveyone can tell I am a real introvert...ah...ya! Oh ya,and I type very well too

Yesterday on the ship tour, I met Melissa, [Theta]. A gal who, in chat is more of a quiet type..Well let me tell you, she is not shy. She is someone you would want at your party, or to cruise with. She was a lot of fun, to be with,and not shy at all........I was so glad to have met her

When I meet many of you in Dec, my circle of friends will will be that much wider, and I will be the better for meeting all of you, and I can't wait!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Although I will be cheering all of you on the Century get together, it will also be bitter sweet. I had big hopes for this cruise. It was going to be my change to finally meet so many I call friends. I remember when we started booking, we worried that there would be no one left to watch the boards, I never thought it would be me.

I like the ones that you talk to for months on here, and then suddenly you realize that the man you had been talking to was actually a woman.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 20th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Luanne, your hopes still can be high...come along, pretty please

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 20th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Someone has our cabins now. I would love to go, and hubby would never ask me not to go without him, but when the kids and I were talking about it, his jaw dropped. I just couldn't do that to him. If he can go to Iraq, I think the least I can do is not have that much fun while he is gone.

So many of you I consider my friend. We shall meet one day soon.

Love,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Aw, Luanne, I didn't know you weren't going. Too bad, I'd hoped to meet you, and my son to meet your sons. Hopefully some other time....

Meanwhile, what Trip said is so true. Although I may "talk" alot here on the board, many will be surprised to know that I am actually rather shy in person, and not a big talker. My husband, on the other hand, should have been a TV interviewer - he is so good at getting people to talk about themselves!

donna
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Admiral

"Sister" Luanne..don't give up hope..POTUS is in town next week and I'll be sure to tell him to get the troops home soon, so your husband can take you on the cruise of the century