Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Need your help on an article

I'm writing an article about reserving deck chairs and need your help.
Anything will be of value. The most ridiculous, insane items you have seen with cruisers that come up with innovative ways to save deck chairs.

It can be from serious to humor. Hopefully when completed will be published here on CruiseMates.

Thanks to one and all,
Y2C (Steve)

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Where do I begin! Mostly people save the deck chairs with the usual standbys of towels and books. I have seen people turn the chair over and I saw a guy once drag a chair with him to the edge of the pool, turn it on it's side and go swimming, got out and dragged the chair back to it's spot to sit.

I was sitting in a deck chair on the Mariner of the Seas last year in the solarium, and people came in, put their towels on the deck chairs beside us, and then left the solarium. About an hour later some other folks got out of the pool and asked us if we were using those chairs, we said no, the people who put the towels there had left and weren't even swimming. They moved the towels and sat down. The original couple came back to the solarium after being gone 2 1/2 hours and were mad at us for giving away their deck chairs! I told them I don't save deck chairs, let alone for 2 1/2 hours, and it's against the ship policy to save chairs which is posted in the solarium!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 27th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Steve, I always read about the big problem of finding deck chairs and of people saving them, but persopnally, I have never had a problem with this. Then again, I don't sit near the "main pools" simply because they're usually too loud, too crowded, and that's where all the contests are held. I prefer the aft pool on the upper deck, and there's always chairs back there or on the sides and it's much quieter.
That being said, I do remember once seeing 2 deck chairs near the main pool "dressed" in T-shirts, pulled over the back of the chairs. I thought it was a cute way to save a chair!

donna
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

On our last Conquest cruise, we observed a lady stack deck chairs, one on top of the other, and lay on the top one. She tried to get up, and fell on her....... well, you get the right idea. As with the feelings these days about chair hogs, she received a standing ovation.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 27th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Admiral

I remember one poster on an earlier thread who said he or she would throw the articles used to save a chaise or chair overboard and when the people came back, just shrug and say nothing was there when they sat down! I don't condone throwing anything overboard, but that is pretty funny!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 28th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Captain

How about sitting down and reading the book or magazine left. Then when they get back, say you thought it was provided by the cruiseline for your own entertainment. Or you can say, "Oh my gosh I'm sorry! I have the same book,mag. etc
Karen