CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Help with Port of Houston (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/321195-help-port-houston.html)

cruis'n sus'n September 26th, 2006 03:35 PM

Help with Port of Houston

Could someone tell me how to get from Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston (IAH), to the Port of Houston in Morgan's Point, TX...We will be flying in and was wondering about the best way to get to the ship...If the plane lands at 12:00 noon, would we have enough time to get to the ship, which leaves at 4:00 p.m.....Thanks for all your help, Susan[/b]

ready2gonow September 26th, 2006 04:27 PM

Welcome to Houston!

I am going to assume you will coming into IAH on either a Saturday or a Sunday, so traffic will not be an issue.

When you rent the car, get them to direct you to Hwy 59 South.

1. Take Hwy 59 South to I-610 (commonly referred to as Loop 610)
2. Exit onto I-610 East and travel approx 11 mi.
3. At exit 30B merge onto TX 225 East toward Pasadena/LaPorte and travel about 14 mi.
4. Merge onto TX 146 South toward LaPorte and travel less than 1 mi.
5. Take exit toward Barbour's Cut Blvd.
6. Turn left on Barbour's Cut Blvd.

I have not been to the port area in quite a while, but I am sure there will be lots of signs to direct you to parking and the ship. I very familiar with the airport area and the other roads. The distance from the airport to the port is probably just under 40 miles, so time should not be an issue.

If I can be of further help, let me know. Happy cruising!

cruis'n sus'n September 26th, 2006 04:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, but we really didn't want to rent a car...Was wondering about a shuttle, limo, or will a taxi take you to the port? Thanks again, Susan[/b]

ready2gonow September 26th, 2006 06:05 PM

Well, duh! I re-read your post and I see that now. I really am feeling poorly today! I will see what I can find out for you.

ready2gonow September 26th, 2006 06:58 PM

I don't see a specific shuttle run from IAH to Barbours Cut Terminal, so that leaves using one of the shuttle services and making specific arrangement or using a taxi. Best I can guess, a taxi, one-way, will be approximately $70. I will PM you the information on one of the shuttle services I found. You can contact them and ask them for an estimate. Hope this helps.

reipan40 September 26th, 2006 11:22 PM

I live near the Port of Houston. There are shuttles from IAH. You can call the cruise line and they will give your information and I believe they even offer travel vouchers...

If you are driving you should go 59 not sure of direction, but when you get to 59 go to the right to Beltway 8 South - sorry readytogonow, this is much closer. Take the beltway to 225 east and continue east toward La Porte. You will see signs for the terminal. Nevertheless, it is the Barbours Cut exit. The port is not beautiful as it is a cargo ship port.

Renee

ready2gonow September 27th, 2006 07:42 AM

Thanks, Renee. I was wondering which way would be best. Let's not forget to tell everyone that we have a new cruise terminal for Port of Houston opening next year! It is going to be very nice!

I was thinking this morning the cruise line probably has a shuttle service from the airport. Like I sais, I'm now real sharp right now LOL .