Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Beware during shopping season!!

I was shopping at Wal-Mart and noticed a little old lady following me around.

I stopped, she stopped. Furthermore she kept staring at me.

She finally overtook me at the checkout, and she turned to me and said, "I hope I haven't made you feel ill at ease; it's just that you look so much like my late son."

I answered, "That's okay."

"I know it's silly, but if you'd call out 'Good bye, Mom,' as I leave the store, it would make me feel so happy."

She then went through the checkout, and as she was on her way out of the store, I called out, "Goodbye, Mom."

The little old lady waved, and smiled back at me Pleased that I had brought a little sunshine into someone's day, I went to pay for my groceries.

"That comes to $121.85," said the clerk.

"How come so much!? I only bought 5 items.."

The clerk replied, "Yeah, but your Mother said you'd be paying for her things, too."

Don't trust little Old Ladies!!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Oh Laura,,,think it's time you went to your room

Although it's really not a bad idea to be more aware this time of year. We have already had 2 incidents in our area. One was a car jack that ended up killing the lady. Another happened in a parking lot @ grocery store @ 2 in afternoon. So yep folks it's the holiday's stay alert,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Cute joke
and Jo your so right

Ladies please keep your purses with you---and no in a shopping cart. It only takes a second for you to turn away--- your purse may still be there but your wallet might not---
There was a group of purse snatchers about a month ago--- working our local shopping center---they hit 7 people at a Trader Joes and then another 5 at Costco------all in less than an hours time---and who know how many didnt know something was missing-------I then hear that the same thing happend down the road at the local Safeway store------
This happens all year long---but carrying extra money and credit cards makes this time of year a bigger target for the unsuspecting shopper
April
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Lots of ladies lose their purses in grocery stores. They stop to order something from the deli. Turn away from their carts to order and someone wheels the cart away taking the purse and running as soon as they get out of sight. Please ladies be careful!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 19th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Yeoman

We can all get distracted, especially this time of year. Many times I have seen carts with purses and no one around. Probably forgot something on the next aisle. In a flash it could be gone. Also try to keep purchases in the trunk and not visible.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old November 19th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Passenger

I've thought about taking an old purse & putting some doogie doo in it. Then I'd go shopping at WalMart and conveniently leave it sit in the cart as I step away from it often and see if someone takes the bait (or should I say takes the poo)

Would love to see their face as they reach into it.
Old November 20th, 2006, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Tina!!! go to your room!!!

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old November 21st, 2006, 11:31 AM
Admiral

take precautions one step further ladies, do not bring your purse when you go Christmas shopping, wear a fanny pack or just bring a thin wallet that you can put into the front pocket of your pants.
Eventhough this can be a pain in the butt, when you have purchased a few items, take them to your car and put them in your trunk, you are an easy target if you are trying to juggle ten packages at once especialy large scale items.