Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Default How did you celebrate your anniversary?

Today is our thirty-fifth anniversary. We got married around my husband's duty schedule when he was a naval officer. We went on our honeymoon after he finished a naval school in Pensacola, Florida. We spent celebrating our marriage, six weeks later in London, England. Last night, we celebrated our thirty-fifth anniversary going out to a great restaurant along the beach and today we took advantage of the "end of season" sales by buying a new bedroom set!
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Weekend trip to stay at The Myrtle's Plantation. Check it out on the web...haunted plantation and yo ushould see my pics! They were pre-digital so not so easy to post!
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Melody,

Not anniversary related, but I've been to the Oak Valley Plantation.

As far as your photos, if someone has a scanner, you can scan them, and then post them here.

Dean
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Admiral

Balabusta, just wanted to say Congratulations on 35 years!

donna
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Admiral

balabusta, Congratulations!! Nice to hear there are more of us out there. We celebrated our 30th on the Star Princess and renewing our vows with the Captain. We renewed them the week before at the same chapel in Vegas were we had eloped but this time I had family to witness it. Next year for our 35th we have booked a 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Sapphire Princess but are still thinking of changing it to Austrailia/New Zealand or Europe.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Balabusta, congratulations on your 35th anniversary! I'm still a couple of years away from 35.

For our 25th anniversary I pondered really hard. I had great ideas but always came back to what was "reasonably" affordable since most of our money and son were going to college.

I finally decided on a week in a chalet in the Smokey Mountains. It was very romantic... *sigh*
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Our 40th anniversary will be on the Carnival Freedom Cruisemates Cruise!! yayayayayayayay!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 5th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Celebrated with my wife!
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We spent a special evening with the person we love, then we met at home later
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Congratulations on 35 years!!!!!

On our last anniversary my wife went to work and I stayed home and watched TV and thought that if I had shot her Dad after he pointed the shotgun at me, I could have pled self defense and been out on parole by now.

Actually, the weekend after our anniversary we went to a very nice restaurant, stayed at four star hotel for the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM
First Mate

Default How did you celebrate your anniversary?

Congrats on your 35th, balabusta, and may you have many more to celebrate.

We celebrated our 47th on an Hawaiian cruise, and will celebrate our 48th on an Alaska cruise. .

crabbie1
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Admiral

Congrats!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Our best Anniversary was 2 years ago. We flew to Prague and spent four amazing days of sightseeing, going to the opera, amazing dining experiences, etc. The Czech republic is a great place to visit.

If you ever go to Prague, "Flambee" is probably the best restaurant at which either of us have ever dined. We had Valentine's Day there and it is an amazing restaurant. Check out their website.
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM
First Mate

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary on the Jewel cruising the Baltic region last July. We spent two days before and two days after in London and enjoyed the city. It was our first time in Europe and we had a wonderful time.
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Congratulations on 35. that is great. Out of 22 years of marriage, we have spent only 8 together. He has spent most of those years, camping with a bunch of guys, in different locations. For our 23rd he will hopefully be with me, and because he reads the boards from Iraq, I can't tell details. (it's a secret) For our 24th, we will be on a ship going to Europe, with Trip and Bruce in the cabin next to us, banging on the wall saying "Cut it out over there, we are trying to sleep"
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Admiral

our anniversary was last week. She went to her mothers to meet her 2 sisters so we have done nothing for our anniversary. Hopefully she forgets it went by. money saved is money well spent. but if she was home it would have been dinner at our favorite restaurant, that would be pretty much it. Here is a better question. If both of us work why is it expected of me to pay for the dinner on our anniversary? If I asked her the question "what do I get out of the deal" she would say "you got 3 kids" I know it!
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
our anniversary was last week. She went to her mothers to meet her 2 sisters so we have done nothing for our anniversary. Hopefully she forgets it went by. money saved is money well spent. but if she was home it would have been dinner at our favorite restaurant, that would be pretty much it. Here is a better question. If both of us work why is it expected of me to pay for the dinner on our anniversary? If I asked her the question "what do I get out of the deal" she would say "you got 3 kids" I know it!
Rescue, I know that you understand the concept of "What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine, too!"
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 7th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Admiral

We usually don't do too much other than eat out, and I can't even say at a nice resturant, as those are few and far between here in my neck of the wood.

For our 20 we went to NYC for a week - and did all the touristy things - Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the Met Art Museum, the Museum of Natural History, Central Park, Hairspray, Phatom, Mamma Mia, and an off broadway that I can't think of the name.
Sat in the audience of a Dave Letterman taping. Ate lots of great food, and shopped.

This year will be our 23 - I want to get away for the weekend in Maine - like I wanted to last year, but he didn't, saying that we would do something in the spring (which of course didn't happen because of the scheduled surgery fiasco). I have decided if he doesn't want to go this year I may just go by myself.

Would like to plan something special for our 25th but will still have a college student - and hopefully won't be supporting our graduated daughter!
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

We'll celebrate 25 years in August but don't really have anything wild planned. Any celebration will beat our anniversary of 2004....Hurricane Charley came through Orlando the night before and we spent our anniversary cleaning up yard debris....I didn't even remember it was our anniversary until Dave and our daughter took a trip to Publix to see what was available and came home with a small Happy Anniversary mylar balloon that is STILL looking good and is tucked into a container in the kitchen.
Angela Z.