Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Admiral

IM STILL HERE!! GEE THAT WAS FUN!! THE LITTLE HAIRBALLS WILL BE TALKING ABOUT THIS FOR DAYS!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Think about it Sis....do you really think they will go to the Admin and say....parents have been posting on our thread....and the parents copied our posts about $ex, drugs and drinking and posted it in their thread! I mean what would Admin say.....Oh let me get those big, bad parents!
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Admiral

HEY MELODY!! YOU AND I WILL DEFINITELY HAVE TO HIT THE TOWN SOMETIME. THE ONLY THING IS, IS WILL THE TOWN SURVIVE IT? SOMEHOW I DONT THINK SO!

Old April 24th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Admiral

That teen moderator is lurking around here....I do believe they are a little worried about someone else taking a look at their board. They really need to do some editing over there.....and quick!
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Admiral

New Rules for the Teen Board! If a topic will be above the PG-13 level, it must be noted with an *

Quote:
1. There should be no single word posts. Any such posts will be deleted.
2. There should be no posts bragging about how many posts you have. We’re an equal opportunity community and bragging at the expense of others lack of posts will not be allowed.
3. Try to limit the profanity. No one likes a dirty mouth.
4. dO NOt tYYYpE lYYYYk DiS
5. Any insulting, slandering, gossiping and/or belittling of another member will not be tolerated.
6. Duplicate posts/topics will be deleted.
7. Stay on-topic.
8. When people post a thread saying that theyre going on a certain cruise, dont respond back saying "im not going...but have fun!".
9. The teens forum is reserved for teenagers ages 12 through 19 years old. Any members posting in this area MUST have permission from the teen moderator/host(ess) or another moderator in order to post in the teen forum.
10. Conversations regarding questionable topics and illegal activity are now forbidden.
11. Posts regarding PG-13 + activity should be marked with an * so members can choose whether or not to partake in the reading of the post.
12. Members shall not inflict (should be incite....not inflict) any altercations in the forum.
13. Respect your Teen Hostess

Please note that in accordance with these new policies in place, any user in violation of one or more of these terms of agreement are subject to having their account restricted, suspended or deleted at the discretion of the moderator making the judgment. Please note that by posting in the teen forum you have agreed with the aforementioned terms and are subject to any action taken for violating these terms.

*Disclaimer: Cruisemates, nor any of its related officials, sponsors, administrators or likewise, condone the acts or potential acts of teenagers engaging in illegal actions including but not limited to: drinking, utilizing controlled substances, engaging in sexual acts, smuggling, truancy, amnesty or any other action considered illegal in the United States or location where the action takes place. By entering the “Teen Cruisers? section of www.cruisemates.com, you agree that any information placed within is subject to legal action should it be thought necessary by any governing force of the United States or otherwise. Enter and Use At Your Own Discretion.

ELEVATOR CLUB, JANITOR CLUB, HAIRBALL 4 LIFE
Mariner Of The Seas- 4 Time Prom Night Winner
Explorer Of The Seas
Voyager Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Freedom Of The Seas
Radiance Of The Seas
Celebration
Fantasy
Elation
Sensation
Carnival Glory
Carnival Victory
Carnival Imagination
Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic & Wonder

Next Cruise: M/S Mariner of the Seas 4/1/07
If you have specific questions, feel free to IM, PM or E-mail me and I will respond ASAP!
BTW, I reported this post on the teen board. If the kids can have subject matter above the PG-13 level noted with an *, we should be allowed the same courtesy!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

There is no editing occuring. Neither kristina nor myself will be doing any of that. However some changes have been placed into effect regarding the rules and regulations of the teen forum. I thank you for pointing out the flaws in the system and reprimands have been made to ensure that teens will not be discussing questionable subjects in there any longer. If you desire to view the teen board then plese consult the rules thread before proceeding. Thank you.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Carolina Kid,

I have yet to see any rule, other than your personal post, that limits posts on the teen board to teens. As a matter of fact, I've seen other adults post on that board. Please explain the * for material above PG-13 posts. Also, please tell us what you consider to be above the PG-13 level. Thank you for your input.

Melody
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Admiral

how very polite!! guess they really dont want us back there!!!

Old April 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Thank you Sis, I thought I was being extremely polite as well! So nice of you to notice!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
BTW, I reported this post on the teen board. If the kids can have subject matter above the PG-13 level noted with an *, we should be allowed the same courtesy!
ROFL.. If you wanted to be treated the same as the teens, you have to be in bed by 10
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Admiral

Why, they're not!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Admiral

Wait....okay, that's a deal Kuki! If we can talk about $ex, drugs and getting drunk....I'll go to bed by 10!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Admiral

Kuki, now you've gone and done it! You've scared everybody away by posting on HIH twice..... I really do think you ought to check out their posts, you bust our chops regularly. However, if you'd like...I'll check it daily and copy any questionable posts to an adult thread. I'm just trying to be diplomatic and helpful!

Melody
Admiral

Quote:
If you desire to view the teen board then plese consult the rules thread before proceeding. Thank you.
The ENTIRE site is governed by the User Terms of Service Agreement. There are no special rules for the teen forums, which do not apply to all the forums on the site!

Why I think it could be quite bizarre that adults would want to go to the teen board to chat, I don't think it's at all odd for adults with teens to visit to see what transpires.

The board is supposed to have its own moderators who work within the terms of the user agreement of the web site. If they aren't doing their job anyone who sees it can e-mail editor@cruisemates.com to discuss the issue.... and they should.

Yet.. adults asking to be treated like kids is somewhat of an odd twist
Kids think they are adults and know it all (we've all been there). But as adults we should behave like adults.
Admiral

yeah and up again for the day at midnight!!!

Old April 25th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Admiral

It's nice to see a little diplomacy here! But, you've scared away all of my playmates! And I do have teen children.....mine just happens to be out at a concert on a school night!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Djcarolina

I feel as though myself and the other teen leaders in that forum are handling this in a very professional manner. Flaws in our teen community's structure were pointed out to us this evening and in response to that, the teen host and I have put together a new package of rules that are now permanently in place as stated by the teen host. First of all the wording in rule number 12 has been altered and the PG-13 rating has been upped to an R rating. To recieve an "R" rating, the post must contain one or more of the following: excessive questionable language that does not violate rule number 3, sexual references or descriptions, alcohol and/or drug references. If the post violates any rules of the forum, it will be deleted by a moderator. References do not nessecarily violate the rules. The situation at hand will be judged independently and modified or removed at the moderator's discretion. Any other questions can be kindly sent to my private message inbox where they will be dealt with and answered accordingly.

Oasis of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Freedom of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Sovereign of the Seas
Fantasy
Sensation
Fascination
Carnival Glory
Carnival Valor
Carnival Conquest
Cunard Queen Mary 2
Disney Magic/Wonder
Cruise Total as of July 2014: 118 Cruises
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Admiral

im still here although im probably not the playmate you were thinking off! and it would seem that there is not age limit to the teen forum. the teens did need a shake though to realize that there are some things that teens are not suppose to be doing. drinking under age is one of them and can be very dangerous. and the parent who bought alcohol for their kid needs a good whap!!

Old April 25th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Holy Carp,

Carolina Kid is now allowing the teens to post R rated stuff!

Quote:
First of all the wording in rule number 12 has been altered and the PG-13 rating has been upped to an R rating. To recieve an "R" rating, the post must contain one or more of the following: excessive questionable language that does not violate rule number 3, sexual references or descriptions, alcohol and/or drug references.
I think he means rule #11.

Melody
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Kuki, now you've gone and done it! You've scared everybody away by posting on HIH twice..... I really do think you ought to check out their posts, you bust our chops regularly. However, if you'd like...I'll check it daily and copy any questionable posts to an adult thread. I'm just trying to be diplomatic and helpful!
Quote:
you bust our chops regularly
Before yesterday I'd never posted here, so that's a bit of a stretch.

The thread was mostly good natured fun, and I'd check it out occassionally. I had to revisit it when we got complaints about it getting inappropriate. There's no reason you can't have fun without it getting out hand.

If you want to be diplomatic and helpful use the report a post, and write to the editor, and issues will be dealt with.
It seems what you want to do is to moan publicly.. because as you say.. "we got our hand slapped" so they should too.... which I don't see as being diplomatic and helpful.
And my saying it isn't diplomatic and helpful either, to be honest.

I don't have any desire to stop people from posting the HIH thread, but regardless of what anyone sees going on anywhere on the site, the posts here have to abide by the terms of service agreement.

If you see violations anywhere else on the site, by all means please report them! Reposting them to justify other violations is a violation in itself... and not helpful. It's just being confrontational.
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Kuki,

I thought quoting a post was an accepted practice. It's done all over the place. And I'm really not concerned with the kids....I've heard worse. And yes, I am upset that we "got our hands slapped". I can't believe you deleted my beach photo....it was more clothing than you see on European beaches

Confrontational.....ME......surely you jest!

Oh, and welcome to HIH! I hope Rescue is around!

Melody
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
I can't believe you deleted my beach photo....it was more clothing than you see on European beaches
I didn't delete that actually. But honestly what you see on a European beach has nothing to do with what's appropriate here. You can go to St Maarten to the nude beaches and it's acceptable, where it wouldn't be on Main Street USA

Quoting is acceptable practice for sure! I use it all the time. Quoting posts that are TOS violations is not acceptable.

We actually appreciate people using the Report A Post. We can't be everywhere at once with the few staff members and moderators we have, so it does help when people help us!!!

And I am sincerely not trying to chase the HIH thread. But it does need to be kept to fun within the rules of the road.
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Admiral

You know civil service employees are granted permanent status after 6 months or a year. After that you have to do something really BAD to lose your job....like kill someone! We are allowed to voice our opinions without fear of retribution. I guess that has made me the animal I am today. If you were to ask any of my co-workers to describe me, reserved and quiet would not be on the list. Sometimes we just have to love people for who they are. That's what makes the world go round.....so I love you Kuki.....with your Bullwinkle moniker and fantastic modeling abilities!

Do I need to enter the Witness Protection Program? 8)

Melody

PS I hear you have a little extra dough to invest.......I have this property in New Orleans.....I can make you a great deal! Also, have you noticed the abrupt departure of the rest of the HIH crew? They think they have thrown me under the bus!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Admiral

Quote:
You know civil service employees are granted permanent status after 6 months or a year.
I don't want to start talking about Unions and governments with you here or we'll really be having a cat fight.
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:48 AM
Admiral

Read my PS!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Also, have you noticed the abrupt departure of the rest of the HIH crew? They think they have thrown me under the bus!
I certainly hope they haven't abandoned you!!! They may just be hiding until I go away

If they've felt insulted and left, there's no doubt in my mind they're going to find there isn't any other site around that lets things go as much as we do here...and probably come back to play. I hope so!
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Admiral

ok guys im sitting this one out. im already in enough T.

by the way kuki i really do enjoy this site tremendously!!

Old April 25th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Admiral

Well Kuki, it's been "Real" and it's been "Fun", but it hasn't been "Real Fun"! I know you will be watching me so the next time you're doing the "Big Brother" thing, remember what we say in the South....."Git down and set a spell"! Which means, get out of your car, come in the house and we can talk!

And as far as the rest of the HIH bunch....bite me you spineless vermin!

Melody
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
You know civil service employees are granted permanent status after 6 months or a year. After that you have to do something really BAD to lose your job....like kill someone! We are allowed to voice our opinions without fear of retribution. I guess that has made me the animal I am today. If you were to ask any of my co-workers to describe me, reserved and quiet would not be on the list. Sometimes we just have to love people for who they are. That's what makes the world go round.....so I love you Kuki.....with your Bullwinkle moniker and fantastic modeling abilities!

Do I need to enter the Witness Protection Program? 8)

Melody

PS I hear you have a little extra dough to invest.......I have this property in New Orleans.....I can make you a great deal! Also, have you noticed the abrupt departure of the rest of the HIH crew? They think they have thrown me under the bus!
I would never throw you under the bus. Please don't talk government I have 3 new health care Bills that need cost analysis. It looking like all the working people will be taxed to pay for all the kids and retired people to have medical insurance. I posted 3 recipes for the Pillsbury Bake Off if I win that it's 1 Million bucks. It'a a long long long shot. But hey what do I got to lose? Plus I got to make up 3 new recipes since Mel NEVER since me the stuffing recipe. Should I tell you the your french fry name here with Kuki watching? Hinit they wer curly fries. I don't think I want that kind of trouble.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
Well Kuki, it's been "Real" and it's been "Fun", but it hasn't been "Real Fun"! I know you will be watching me so the next time you're doing the "Big Brother" thing, remember what we say in the South....."Git down and set a spell"! Which means, get out of your car, come in the house and we can talk!

And as far as the rest of the HIH bunch....bite me you spineless vermin!

Melody
Where do you want it?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Closed Thread