Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:41 AM
Admiral

Default Next Best Thing To Heaven !!!!

For many of us, our cruising experience is like heaven on earth, when the sea is smooth, the food is great, our fellow shipmates are engaging and there are plenty of deck chairs and you pay for an inside and get upgraded to a suite and you eat all you want and still lose 5 pounds (VBG)

Which leads to my questions (for those of us that subscribe to such beliefs), if there is a heaven, is there a cruise ship that departs from there every week, and if so, what are the ports of call and does everyone wear white on formal night ?

Conversely," if there is an underworld abode of the dead", what are the ports of call and does everyone wear jeans with holes in them for formal night (VBG)

What specific cruise have you taken that was heaven on earth ?
What specific cruise have you taken that was h*ll on earth ?

My "heaven cruise" was in 2002 on the Olympia Explorer departing from Venice and calling in Istanbul, Santorini,Athens

My "h*ll cruise" was in 1976 with my now ex, forgot the ship and where it was going but remember the pure h*ll of being unhappy and watching couples that were happy to be together
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:25 AM
Admiral

Oh - I'm sure if there is a hell cruise ship then there will be some who are in formal wear -and of course they will all be seating with people who are dressed in denim, and of course they will also have inappropriate table manners and conversation. - You know - if it's hell, you are going to be miserable.

Heaven Cruise - I'm sure you'd be wearing whatever you are comfortable in - and - since you are in heaven, then you don't even care what anyone else is wearing.

I've had only two cruises thus far - both started with very rough seas - missed outings due to high winds. But they were fabulous - no Hell Cruise yet. I'm willing to keep cruising though, to see which one could fall under that catagory.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

So far all of our cruises have been heavely.
There is not a thing I dislike about ports, etc.
Except maybe for rough seas, which I have not experienced (yet)
I only dislike the tender process, but you have to have a little inconvience
Carole 8)
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:55 AM
Admiral

After over 100 cruises, I can honestly say that we've never had a Hell Cruise! True, some are better than others, but like the bumper sticker says, a day on any cruise ship beats a day at the office anytime. 8)
As far as the Heavenly cruises go, the attitudes and personalitys of your fellow passengers, and crew make, or break a cruise for the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and me. The one cruise that really sticks out in my mind was aboard the Carnival Celebration (when she was nearly new) Our table mates and the crew were all so great, that we had a time we'll not soon forget.

See y'all aboard,

Ken
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I have never had a hell cruise. I am in the belief that we make our own hell on cruises. If one or two things don't work, then concentrate on the things that do. Laugh and smile, and thank God, you are not at home.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Next Best Thing To Heaven !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
For many of us, our cruising experience is like heaven on earth, when the sea is smooth, the food is great, our fellow shipmates are engaging and there are plenty of deck chairs and you pay for an inside and get upgraded to a suite and you eat all you want and still lose 5 pounds (VBG)

Which leads to my questions (for those of us that subscribe to such beliefs), if there is a heaven, is there a cruise ship that departs from there every week, and if so, what are the ports of call and does everyone wear white on formal night ?

Conversely," if there is an underworld abode of the dead", what are the ports of call and does everyone wear jeans with holes in them for formal night (VBG)

What specific cruise have you taken that was heaven on earth ?
What specific cruise have you taken that was h*ll on earth ?

My "heaven cruise" was in 2002 on the Olympia Explorer departing from Venice and calling in Istanbul, Santorini,Athens

My "h*ll cruise" was in 1976 with my now ex, forgot the ship and where it was going but remember the pure h*ll of being unhappy and watching couples that were happy to be together
Reading this is almost like watching Pirates of the Caribbean, World's End......
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:13 PM
Admiral

I have had no desire to see any of the 'Pirates" movies..maybe I should sue them for stealing my sleep deprived 0200 am in the morning rantings (VBG)
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
I have had no desire to see any of the 'Pirates" movies..maybe I should sue them for stealing my sleep deprived 0200 am in the morning rantings (VBG)
I saw the most recent one and I think it started out in "Pirate Purgatory" or something like that. It took me 15 minutes to figure it out and then I'm not sure I ever did!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I've had fun on all of them, even when DH left all of my clothes in the suitcase on the bedroom floor! Don't go by me though, I laugh at Reader's Digest jokes! My family says I'm easily amused!

Melody
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:58 AM
Admiral

Is it safe to say that your DH, used his VISA card and purchased you a whole new warobe on your ship?
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:12 AM
Admiral

Venice,

If there truly is a heaven on Earth, it is the cruise I'm on with Jeanne Tripplehorn.

And if that ever happens, I'll let you know how it was...........!

Dean
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Dean..funny you should mention our mutual "woman who we both would love to go on a cruise with on a Windstar ship to the Greek Islands". Now for the rest of the day I will have her vision on my brain (darn you !!)(VBG)

But I do have to admit, "our Jeanne" may have competition. I am also in love with Melina Kanakaredes (CSI New York Det. Stella Bonasera). She is Greek and I love women who are from Greece!!

So because Cruisemates males stick together, I propose you and I start a thread where we have a virtual cruise with Jeanne and Melina on a Windstar sailing ship thru the Greek Islands and we can post daily reports and pictures
about our onboard romances and we will try a blueberry white russian as our bon voyage drink !!! Since I picked the fantasy cruise, you can figure out how we share both Jeanne and Stella's companionship thru out the cruise (VBG)
Yea, now that would be heaven on earth !!! have a great day and thanks for starting my Sunday with a smile on my face before I attend church services
Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:41 PM
First Mate

Venice,

All our cruises have been like heaven.
Ecstasy 12/12/09,Conquest 4/12/09, Conquest 4/19/09,Conquest 2/09, Pride 10/08, Ecstasy 1/08, Miracle 3/08, Miracle 4/08, Miracle 5/06, Conquest 12/08, Conquest 9/07, Conquest 4/07, Conquest 8/03, Destiny 5/05, Adv of Seas 5/05, Elation 12/04, Jubilee 4/03, Sensation 6/00, Celebration 5/93, Celebration 6/92,Holiday 5/92, Tropical 3/90, NCL--Windward, Skyward, Sunward
Old June 4th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Venice,

A virtual cruise with these two beauties sounds good to me!

So how do you propose we do this? It sounds like we have the basic premise -- a Windstar cruise around the Greek islands. But we'll need to flesh out the details before we begin.

Let me know what you think!

Dean
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Dean...well there are a few "very small" obstacles to overcome first..an issue about they are both married (VBG)..an issue about how do we get them to like us enough to go on the cruise (VBG)..and if I recall you are married (I have a GF) so that could present a "challenge (VBG)

I have an idea..we both chip in 50 cent each and purchase a powerball ticket and we win the jackpot for 20M and we charter a Windstar vessel for a week with the understanding that we can rename the vessel "Heaven of The Seas" and both ladies would be Godmothers and they have to join us in the Greek Islands in early September (the best weather) to christen our vessel. We commission Chris Botti and Will Downing (both of my favorite smooth jazz artist) to provide entertainment and we hold a film festival onboard during the day featuring Jeanne's movies and highlights of CSI New York featuring Melina and we'll create the 'Mean Dean" award that you can present to both of them

OK, your turn
Old June 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Venice,

I have explained this before to you. Girls that you see in a magizine are not real girl friends.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 4th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Venice.

First of all, you worry too much! Of course they will like us. We’re two very likable guys! Besides, we’ve got $20 million………

And if we’re going to do this cruise, we’re going to have to do it first class all the way. First of all, we hire a world-renowned chef – Wolfgang Puck, or somebody. Next, the bar will have to be well stocked. I’m thinking Dom. P. ’53 champagne, Glenmorangie 18-year-old Scotch, and of course, Captain Morgan rum (it’s the pirate in me…..!)

You’re spot on with the musical entertainment. But I’m thinking we should fly in Lionel Ritchie for an evening. He’d be perfect for the dance party we’re throwing. And we need a trumpet player, too -- I’m thinking Winton Marsalis.

I’m envisioning the cruise to be a nice relaxing cruise of about 14 days, with leisurely visits to the islands, and of course the beaches. And aren’t some of those beaches topless??!!

As for the “Mean Dean? award, I’ve got a few ideas………

How’s it sound so far?

Dean
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Any cruise ship is a great trip.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Admiral

Paris Hilton was my girlfriend... until I found out about her being a convict...

(they're always after my money)....

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Captain

We only have had one bad cruise, we called it the cruise from hell. I won't even tell you which cruise, because I would never want to put a negative thought in your mind about your upcoming cruise experience. I, like Luanne believe you need to keep a positive outlook, so we never complained to fellow cruisers, (but boy we sure heard a lot) only to the people who could take care of are problem. With each thing that happened we would say "let's put this behind us, cheer up it could be worse, and sure enough we cheered up and it got worse . We thought that maybe we were expecting too much since we had cruised several times before. We were talking with a young women in port and I asked her if this was her first cruise. When she replied that it was I enthusiastically asked " Are you having a fantastic time?" to which she replied, I'd rather be anywhere else in the world, but here." The poor thing. I told her please don't judge all cruises by this one. But we have cruised since and I am still cruisings number one fan.
ROMANS 8:28

VIKING SERENADE 1993
HOLIDAY 1995
HOLIDAY 1997
HOLIDAY 1998
ECTASY 1999
ELATION 2000
STAR PRINCESS 2002
SPIRIT 2003
NCL STAR 2004
PRIDE 2005
PRIDE 2006
PARADISE 2007
MS OOSTERDAM 2008
SPLENDOR 5/2010

Carnival Splendor
Old June 5th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Admiral

Luanne...don't ruin it for Mean Dean and myself (VBG)..the real women in our lives don't mind, in fact they are not the least bit jealous and prefer our mistresses over our other real live GF's (VBG)

Besides, both Mean Dean and I agree cruising is our real "other woman",so this allows us the best of all worlds..I once flew cross country seated next to Vanessa Williams (of Ugly Betty fame) several years ago and did not say a word to her for about half the trip and once she figured out I was not "star struck" , we had a very nice visit because we have alot in common (attended the same college, grew up in upstate NY etc), but I would never want to have a famous beautiful woman as a GF..can't speak for Dean

So, while you continue to share with us your virtual cruise on the Conquest (and thanks for doing that)..Mean Dean and I will continue to plan our virtual cruise with Jeanne and Melina..If you and Jim would like to join us you are more then welcome, in fact Mean Dean and I would love to have your company just tell Jim he is lucky that he is married to his fantasy woman (VBG)...Luanne, you do know that if you like, Mean Dean and I will have enough $$$$ from our Powerball winnings, that if it makes you happy, we can arrange to charter the Conquest and have it sail to the Greek Islands the week of your cruise (since you like that ship) and maybe invite a few other fellow cruisemates that you have always wanted to meet along with us..I think if you gave them a chance, you would find that you have alot in common with Jeanne and Melina and perhaps you would make them just alittle bit jealous (VBG)...Perhaps Dave the Wave can join us and bring Brittany, once she gets out of "rehab"..Cruise Cynic..check with Paris's probation officer to see if she can get fitted for the " ankle thing" and receive the judge's permission for her to travel outside of the country for that period (VBG)

Susan...I agree it's all about attitude..however for most folks, cruising is a major financial committment and to have a bad experience must be frustrating..I have found that a bad experience is more based upon the person you are with on the cruise with, instead of the experience onboard..you can change tablemates or cabins, it's impossible to change cabin mates for a week on a sold out ship, where it appears that every other couple you see are in love when you are in hell. My sense is that most cruisemates "appear" to be happily married for a long period of time and are compatible in the cruising department, but I would suspect that those cruisemates who are not married might have a different perspective if they have ever been on a cruise with someone they found out were not compatible with..Every cruise you see couples who are fighting in public areas (and if they are doing it there, you can well guess what happens in the cabin) and you say thank God but for the grace go I, you never think you could become one of them (it happen to me once, and I vowed never again)

Mean Dean, now back to "our virtual cruise", I think we better start our own thread and not hijack Luanne's..what do you think ?
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Venice,

OK, I'll start it with my last post in this thread, that way you can continue it from there.

Dean
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

I'm with Venice and Mean Dean...........they have my Powerball money!

Melody