Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday!!!

Good morning all!!! Hot, sticky and humid day today in Philadelphia. I was soaking wet just walking a couple of blocks from the train to work.

As I was getting dressed this morning there was suddenly this awful thumping sound coming from downstairs. Our ever vigilant dogs began barking. Sofia the poodle retreated into the computer room to hide and Isabelle the Shih Tzu dove under the bed. Such courage !!! Making my way downstairs through a group of frightened cats going the opposite way -- I found the noise to be a mylar ballon that had found its way to the ceiling fan. So much for discharging my duties as protector of the house.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Magen's Bay, St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Admiral

good morning cruisemates!! as always great picture doug. makes me wish that i could go on vacation instead of work today. its been sunny and hot here in northern california. 8) fortunately we dont have too much humidity here. not much going on today just the usual... work, work and more work. is it time to cruise yet? firework stands are going up all over town right now. theres even one outside my window at work. what a view. guess i know where ill be purchasing my fireworks this year. everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:16 AM
First Mate

Good morning to all CM's

Hot, sticky and humid day today in Toronto. Doug we are having the exact same conditions. However, a storm is brewing, and the lawns/gardens are screaming for the much needed rain. (we have a watering ban in some areas).

It's Wednesday only 3 more sleeps until the weekend. It's a long weekend for us here, so we have Monday off.

Have a great day everyone.
Old June 27th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We too are building lots of humidity - Thunderstorms are on the forecast for tonight.

Yesterday was a long day at the office - glad it is cool in the Church.
Feel like I'm making a little progress - still so much to get done.

Off to work soon. Hope to jam pack my morning - then need to run a couple of quick errands, then home to meet a friend for an hour or so by the pool - weather permitting. Depends on when the storms come. I hope they hold off until the evening hours.

Have a lovely day all,
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Oh baby! It was a hot one yesterday (95F) and it never cooled off last night, so it's nice and sticky here in upstate NY this morning. It's supposed to rain sometime today so it will cool things off a bit. My brother is going to pick up the tent tonight for Saturday's party and I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so we can get the thing up in the yard.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good moning all CM's
Earl's daughter is quiting school and retuning home.
We have to fly to Taos, N.M. and bring her back. Packing and shipping much of her stuff.
Ugh I not looking forward to this trip.

Everyone have a great day.
Carole 8)

ps. Fern; if you read this look for a email I sent you
Old June 27th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates

Have a good day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning from steamy downtown Lakeland, Florida. Just another day in paradise!

Off to work

Ken
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from very steamy Florida....it's sooo hot yuck. Yesterday we had temps of 44.5 C !!! That's crazy.
I am looking forward to the cooler temps in Rhode Island thats for sure.

This evening I have to bring the dogs to the vet and thats it. I think I will go in my pool also. Tomorrow I have to get the luggage ready and start packing. We are leaving saturday out of Tampa.

Thinking to take my oldest daughter on a short cruise when we get back. I will have to look at options as she works and can't get away long.

have a good day mates!
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Good HOT morning all. What a yucky day. Glad I'm in an air conditioned office.

Been busy with work and my son. He came home last Saturday for a week. He heads back to Tampa on Friday morning. He starts his new job on July 9th.

Not much else going on.

Hope everone has a great and safe day. Keep cool.
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Hot 'n Humid Montreal. We're in the middle of one of those infamous Montreal mini-heat-waves. Yesterday, with the humidex, it hit 41C in downtown Montreal, that's 105F!! I spent the afternoon lounging in my sister's pool. Today, it's packing, and final preparations for our trip to Nova Scotia.
As Miss KMM and VTJen said, big thunderstorms are expected here too, later in the day. I hope they don't coincide with my son and his girlfriend's big prom night. They will be all dressed up and taking a limo downtown!

VTJen, I'll see you tomorrow!

donna
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Hi guys,,,
Been awhile since I've checked in with you,,,it's been busy so far this summer. 8)

Doug love the photo,,,wondering if you or anyone else might know what island that is in the background?? I'm thinking maybe Jost Van Dyke???

We have the 3 h's going on here,,,been in the mid 90's all week. But hey that's summer in Va.

My SIL Jamie and his bro. are at the Smithsonian this week demonstrating boat building,,,so DD Leah is taking the oldest grandkids up tomorrow to see their "show",,, so we are babysitting the 2 year old all weekend. Hope I survive,,,

Have a great "hump" day everyone,,,stay cool,,,and safe.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I had a nice walk this morning and am now enjoying the breeze on the patio before it gets stupid hot and hopefully will rain this afternoon.
Rollerdonna, be sure to take lots of pictures of Tyler and his date! Glad to hear they're taking a limo....I think limo's have become my new favorite indulgence. We took one to Jimmy's graduation and it was the best way to go....didn't really mind sitting in all the traffic. Have a great trip to Nova Scotia.
Angela Z.
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelnut
Doug love the photo,,,wondering if you or anyone else might know what island that is in the background?? I'm thinking maybe Jost Van Dyke???
I believe it is.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from soggy central Texas. We had storms all last night, so I was late getting to bed.

Today I am going to work more on the house. Before I know it, it will be time to go back to school.

Doug, The man in the photo Do you know who it is?

I have started an e-mail friendship with a tour owner in St Thomas. Wondered if it might be him.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Another fine weather day set for Calgary, with temps heading to 80F.

Picked up my sister at the airport last night. She's come in from Pheonix, so our 80 degree temps will feel cool compared to the 100 degree temps they've been experiencing. She's come in to stay with my mother while my father is in the hospital.

Today is the member/guest tournament at the golf club I belong to, so that's on my schedule for today.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 27th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday

Good moring from Southern California. Add CA to the list of hot, hot, hot! That fire in Lake Tahoe burns on. Lots of people lost their homes.

I am always envious of people taking trips, be they cruises or land trips. But my own land trip is coming up in a couple of weeks to Temecula and to see the Beach Boys.

Keith just told me that the old gentleman he worked with a few months ago is being moved to a permanent care facility today. Apparently, someone has power of attorney. The foundation of the multimillionaire who owns the airport has volunteered to complete the restoration project Ed was working on.

I must fininsh up a small amount of ironing. I have my first physical therapy appt. this afternoon for my left arm. Hope it helps.

Judy