Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Default Arise Sleepyheads, Its Monday!!!!

Get up and get moving!!!!!! It is going to be hotter than Satan's undershorts today in Philly with high's topping out at 100+. It will be slightly cooler down at the Jersey Shore, where I live and most of Philly is at now . I guarantee that I will be in my spa soon after getting home.

Went to the postponed fireworks in Ocean City Saturday night, featuring my next door neighbor's band (the *$*$&% hippie according to the other next door neighbor ). Had a good time. I also sawed down four trees in our terribly overforested back yard so I will have plenty of firewood come winter.

Hope everyone has a great day and here is a sunrise to get you started:

Sunrise over St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Geez, am I the first one up after Doug?
Up a little early this morning for a Dr. appt. before work. Does not look like a good day weather-wise, nor a good week. Cloud, rain and thundershowers predicted for most of the week. What happened to summer?

Doug, wish I was waking up to that sunrise in St. Thomas this morning!

donna
Old July 9th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl! Got in from Rhode Island after midnight saturday. It was a great family trip with visits to the zoo, malls and friends and family. Also went on a boat to see Humpback whales, it was so nice. We slept with the windows open, something we can't do her ein Fl due to the heat! We already bought our flight tickets to go back over Laborday weekend. None of us wanted to come back, oh well we had to!
Our daughter is doing well so far. Busy day today, have to get the dogs from the kennel and run to the store.

Hope all are well, be blessed mates!

BTW: The flights had no delays, went smooth and people are friendly. WE flew southwest. We did loose one piece of luggage but we never checked it in. WE just forgot we had it! Talk about old age We are trying to find it but I doubt we will.
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning Sue, Donna, Doug, and all the "Mates" to follow. In the words of an elderly gentleman I'll never forget aboard ship one morning, "It's going to be a great day! I got out of bed, looked back and noticed that I wasn't there, so,,,,It's going to be a great day!"

Twelve days and a wake up until our family cruise aboard Inspiration. I'm READY!

See y'all aboard,

Ken
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The bathroon awaits the men to come back and work some more...If I was doing an entire home I would run away.........to a Hyatt!

As I type this, I am watching the tribute to Joel Seigel, from Good Morning America...What nice things people have to say about this loved man, and the legacy he leaves behind.

So, today, I need to run around and try and find a bathroom fixture, of course the finish I chose, limits the field...oy!

Make it a god day.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 9th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Doug, come on down to Texas, where the highs today in my area are only going to be 92 and the chance of rain is only 40% today!

Not much on my agenda today, except a trip into Houston to visit with the Orthopedic doctor. We shall see what she has to say. I know my hip is better, except when it still hurts!!!!

Doug, sure wish I were sitting on a balcony watching that sun rise over St. Thomas *sigh*

Ken, it's kind of like reading the Obits in the newspaper to make sure you aren't in there.

Everyone have a good day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it looks like a nice day, from what I can tell right now.

Today my baby bird is leaving the nest. Going out into the world on his own. He took his savings from the bank, and has packed his truck. He and two very good friends are on there way to Hollywood. I am scared to death for them, but all are good boys, and I hope for nothing but the best.

They do have return plans, so have not packed everything, but he has never taken such a long trip without me, and I am sure this is just a test run. I helped them make motel plans, because most places want a credit card to guarantee. The place they picked out that they could afford, charged by the hour. I explain what that was about, and helped them get into a better place. Good old mom to the rescue. Last night we had a little ceremony. I took a cord, and he held one end, and I held the other. I used scissors to "cut the cord" he is my little man now, but in my heart, he will always be my baby.

I have hubby to myself today, and that should be nice. (Where's the balcony when you need one)

Everyone have a good day.

Doug, I love the pictures you provide every morning. It sure is a good way to start the day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 9th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a warm morning here in upstate NY, where the temps are going to get into the mid 90's today. Whew!

We had a lot of fun at the choir picnic yesterday, except that it was hot out. Luckily, we had a pool where we could cool off. After we got home, we had some wicked thunderstorms run through the area. There are a bunch of tree limbs down, but no major damage.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Downpours so far have started the day -more to come, and lots of rain forecasted for most of the week. Busy weekend. My house is back in summer mode - with tons of people in and out all the time. I'm not feeling the greatest and a bit tired right now, so am not enjoying it as much as usual.

Today is off to work for a few hours, then need to get blood work done, refill prescriptions and get groceries - and figure out what to make for dinner.

Wishing I was enjoying a sunrise like Doug posted.

Welcome home Sue - glad you had a great time in New England.

Enjoy our day all,
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Ominiously dark clouds over Calgary today, and the wind is howling. Definitely some severe weather in the area, so we'll see what develops.

A couple of meetings to go to today. A banker and a financial planner, so I won't know what they're saying to me
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 9th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Default Arise, Sleepyheads! It's Monday!

Good morning from Southern California. Sounds like summer all over the East Coast and Midwest with all the rain. No such thing here. The firemen are very busy all over the West.

Gym day for Keith and laundry duties for me. Sun sun is still under a cloud cover at 8 a.m.. If remains that way, I might do some yard work.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Monday's Stink!

It was a stinky night at Casa de Mike. At 1:30 a.m. Kramer had to go outside. I let him out but after a minute or so the barking and growling started. I hit the flood lights and sure enough a skunk is moving at a fast rate toward him and sure enough it sprays him..

I called him off and he came running toward me but to my amazement the skunk followed. I was about 30 ft. from the house by this time and Mr. Zippy here (me), was not fast enough to get away from the critter before it sprayed me. (That would have been a great video)

I got Kramer in the garage, stripped off my robe and shoes and hit the gun safe. This took three of four minutes and the skunk was still in the backyard. The skunk didn't last any longer but it took until four this morning to get rid of the odor on Kramer and me.

My daughter is sending in the skunk's brain for rabies analysis. It is not normal for a skunk, even if threatened by a dog to come across a yard and chase a person.

BTW: Kramer nor I were bitten by the skunk but it "lingers" in our memories.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Mike,,,I hate when that happens!

Ken
Old July 9th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Yech!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.