Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:08 PM
Delft's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,790
Default Weak in the Knees for you

Has any one else out there heard the song "I'm weak in the knees for you"? I love the song, cannot get it out of my head. I know that she sings the song to some one she loves , and maybe he doesnt love her as she loves him, but I ignore than part, and I just think of the refrain, I was given the song by the significant other in my life, who actually didnt listen to the whole song, but he said when he heard the refrain, it was how he felt about me( weak in the knees for me that is..........yup, tears on that one) and now I it just stays in my head.
__________________
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence."
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:09 PM
mehawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston aka Space City, Texas, USA
Posts: 9,709
Default

Haven't heard it.
__________________
Michael


Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old September 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 13,066
Default Re: Weak in the Knees for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfthuis
Has any one else out there heard the song "I'm weak in the knees for you"? I love the song, cannot get it out of my head. I know that she sings the song to some one she loves , and maybe he doesnt love her as she loves him, but I ignore than part, and I just think of the refrain, I was given the song by the significant other in my life, who actually didnt listen to the whole song, but he said when he heard the refrain, it was how he felt about me( weak in the knees for me that is..........yup, tears on that one) and now I it just stays in my head.
Found it The song is I'm weak in the knees by Serena Ryder. Here is her my space page http://www.myspace.com/serenaryder
You can play the song and confirm. I think it's pretty.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old September 2nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
FoghornLeghornGal's Avatar
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 46
Default

I saw the subject WEAK IN THE KNEES and thought it was going to be a dramamine question

I just hope I'm not Weak in the Knees for my first cruise Sept 9th

Woo hooo 7 more days!!
__________________
xoxox Foggy
First Cruise Sept 9 2007!
Caribbean Princess
Waiting for Dec 09 for Hawaii Cruise on the Golden!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old September 2nd, 2007, 10:39 PM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 13,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoghornLeghornGal
I saw the subject WEAK IN THE KNEES and thought it was going to be a dramamine question

I just hope I'm not Weak in the Knees for my first cruise Sept 9th

Woo hooo 7 more days!!
You lucky dog where are you going to? I never get seasick. The big ships don't move that much I think you will be fine. Just don't over eat.
I had to edit I forgot to use one of my new faces. look the pig's mouth opens. I think it's fun.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:12 PM
Bobby_G's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Knox TN
Posts: 1,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoghornLeghornGal
I saw the subject WEAK IN THE KNEES and thought it was going to be a dramamine question
I just hope I'm not Weak in the Knees for my first cruise Sept 9th
Woo hooo 7 more days!!
Ah, drink all you want, eat all you want, have all the 'romance' you want, gamble all you want, do everything you want. You won't get sick, you won't even know you're on a ship unless you look outside.
Have a great cruise!!!!!!!
__________________
Bob

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Delft's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,790
Default

yes have a great cruise. I dont really get sea sick, but I have always had balance issues on the water. I was always on a sail boat as a kid growing up, north sea, carribean, Canadian great lakes , started on a 24 ft boat, and then a 36 and then 54 ft boat, and no matter the size, my balalnce is not good on water and then if I go on land, it takes me time to get my balance back. Same with on the cruise ships. wish that would go away!

Yes Kat, thats the song! the link did not work, but it is serena ryder.
__________________
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence."
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 13,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfthuis
yes have a great cruise. I dont really get sea sick, but I have always had balance issues on the water. I was always on a sail boat as a kid growing up, north sea, carribean, Canadian great lakes , started on a 24 ft boat, and then a 36 and then 54 ft boat, and no matter the size, my balalnce is not good on water and then if I go on land, it takes me time to get my balance back. Same with on the cruise ships. wish that would go away!

Yes Kat, thats the song! the link did not work, but it is serena ryder.
The link worked for me I wonder why it didn't work for you. Cause she has the whole song on that link so I got to listen to it. I like her voice like of smokey.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Delft's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,790
Default

maybe because I dont have a my space account?? I finally gave in and created two face book acounts, one for all he kids in my life and one for the adults, sinc e many of the kids write silly stupid things........I decided to keep them separate...........
__________________
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence."
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old September 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 13,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfthuis
maybe because I dont have a my space account?? I finally gave in and created two face book acounts, one for all he kids in my life and one for the adults, sinc e many of the kids write silly stupid things........I decided to keep them separate...........
Could be my hubby has a my space account maybe that is why it works for me.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
rollerdonna's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Caribou River, Nova Scotia
Posts: 16,529
Default

The link worked for me, and I have both a myspace and a facebook account.
I listened to a few of her songs, and I have to say she reminds me of a female James Blunt. High, quivery sort of voice, with real heart wrenching lyrics, a good singer/songwriter - and she's Canadian!

donna
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old September 4th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Cruise Cynic's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: ...Location... Location
Posts: 2,025
Default

I personally am of the age where it's starting to be more like

"I'm Weak in the Kid-knees For You" would be more directly appealing....
__________________


Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting around the Norway with bad knees kid@hart Disabled Cruisers 0 May 18th, 2003 07:05 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 PM.
design by: Themes by Design



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1