Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old September 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
rayb's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,709
Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default Mayan Ruin

We all know this is a Mayan Ruin. Tell us exactly where it is located. This one may be a little tough for some. Comments welcome.
__________________
RayB

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old September 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Ron Ron is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,295
Default

That is the Mayan site Tikal in Guatemala.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old September 16th, 2007, 06:20 AM
beenie weenie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,430
Default

When we were in Guatemala this March I would have loved to have gone to Tikal, but it is just too remote even if you flew there, you still wouldn't have enough time to visit in a port day. I think it is remarkable! Lucky Ray and Helen the world travelers, keepposting these pics, They're great!
__________________

Read and post cruise reviews
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:34 PM
rayb's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,709
Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default c

Score one for Ron.

Tikal is an enchanting place, with magnificent temples, the music of birds punctuated with the howls of monkeys, and the fresh smell of rainforest permeating each breath of air you take. Once the largest Mayan city in the world, Tikal is now the site of ruined temples, pyramids, stelae, and other stone structures. 30% of the ruins have been uncovered and partially or completely restored. The remaining 70% lie under layers of dirt and shrubs and trees, where they will be preseved well for the centuries to come; the presence of these hidden ruins is betrayed by the geometrically perfect shapes of Tikal's many hills
__________________
RayB

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,384
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Looks wonderful. I'd love to visit!
__________________
C U @ C,
Kuki
CruiseMates' Staff Writer
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mayan ruin excursions pricey! ilene Norwegian Cruise Lines 3 February 21st, 2005 11:00 AM
Mayan Ruin Question for Belize MichaelJ Caribbean & Panama Canal 3 October 13th, 2004 11:04 PM
Mayan Ruin Tour? mypugbuddy Costa 3 April 3rd, 2004 05:48 PM
Mayan ruin help needed wick Carnival Cruise Lines 4 March 10th, 2004 05:44 PM
Which Mayan ruin should I go? junyhan Shore Excursions 3 January 26th, 2004 12:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1