Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Miami Pre Cruise Hotel/Relaxation

Hi everyone,

We will be spending several days in Miami before our cruise. We love just laying down by the beach or at a pool/hotel and listening to the "caribbean bands" like the ones that play by the pool on cruises. Does anyone know any hotels where we can go to to relax by a nice pool... and possibly listen to some caribbean bands? It seems that most hotels do not have bands playing during the day like the ships... but I'm sure there are some nice hotels with nice pools and caribbean bands...? Is there anywhere else to go to with or without kids (restaurants, beaches, etc.) to have fun and relax at during the day or at night?

Thanks for all the help! It is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Admiral

I know this is really not a direct answer to your question, but I'll share a recent experience and perhaps if you're adventurous you may want to try it.
In October we were cruising out Miami and I had made a reservation at a resort in the Keys for several days precruise. Well the weather turned out to be terrible and it ended up raining the entire time. When I saw the forecast I decided to change our plans. I cancelled the Hotel in the Keys and booked the Hyatt Regency at Coconut Point in Bonita Springs. It is a couple of hours to drive there from Miami but it was terrific. We had a wonderful time there. The pools are great, The grounds are beautiful. They will ferry you out to a private island that is a nature preserve with a beach. It is near Naples and I fell in love with this area. It is so much nicer than any of the places we stayed in Miami. I got it for a steal on Hotwire. It is listed as a 4 star resort in the Naples area. There are lots of things to see and do there. Good places to eat and shop. I felt much safer there than Miami and though we had our two children with us, it is a great places for couples as well.

Read and post cruise reviews