Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2008, 06:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline
Default Tuesdaymorning

Tomorrow Earl and Carole arrive in my part of the world, I am looking forward to meet them.
The weather unfortunately is not all that good, heavy overcast and some rainclouds. Temperature 10 C.

At work it is busy as always, my coworker will be on holiday for three weeks after next week friday, so I have to prepare a lot of chores ...

Oh well, what else is new.
Wish you all a nice day!

Read and post cruise reviews

Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jacqueline and those to follow. Raining lightly but it is nice and warm out.

Waiting anxiously for my doctor to call me with the results of my biopsy last Friday. I'm sure everything is fine and I'm praying it will be but it's still not fun waiting. She said she should have the results this week. Please keep me in your prayers.

Getting closer to my daughter's graduation and our cruise. She finally broke down and checked out Royal Caribbean website and the grand suite (that's the cabin I booked). She is very excited about the cruise, as is the rest of us.

Time for coffee and work.

Jen---hope you're doing well
Angela---congrats on the docs. hoping mine come soon.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from cold, blustery Kansas - yesterday very spring like as the area had some tornadoes, now today it's cold again - definitely on a weather rollercoaster!!!

Nolou - prayers are being sent for you and hope all goes well for you.

Everyone have a great day and enjoy this April 1st!!
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Very warm today, but no sunshine yet:( I have to bring back the jackets we used at the fashsion show, yesterday, & then I have a funeral:(

Nolou, Good thoughts being sent your way up route 9.

Arkie, maybe one day we can share a cuppa, and a good book, on a cruise:)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 1st, 2008, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Waiting for my new washer and dryer to come today to be installed. I also have to wait around for the UPS guy who has a package that I have to sign for. Guess this will be the waiting day.

Cheryl, my prayers are with you.

Jackie say hi to Carole and Earl when you see them.

Phyll
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's dull, gray, and raining lightly.
Yesterday looked like April Fool's when we had a sudden, heavy snow blizzard during the morning hours. I couldn't believe my eyes!
A steady rain followed however, and the snow is slowly melting. Temp today is +2 which is a step in the right direction....

This week will be a long one for me, since the last 2 weeks had holidays and days off for travel. Now it's back to normal...at least until our cruise in less than 3 weeks!

donna
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning from a sunny and warmer SE Florida. I worked up quite a sweatthis morning doingmy walk. guess Summer is coming. Can't believe I just saw some places are still getting snow.
Cheryl, prayers coming,.

Phyll, at least the waitngwill be a good thing when all the machines are in and set to go. No more laundromats!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We too had a big snow storm yesterday, then rain. More rain today and it is already over 40 out. Flooding, high winds, a little snow, rain and thunderstorms are all in today's forecast. The only thing we won't be seeing is the sun.

Womens meeting went well last night. I made a vegetable casserole wit fresh asparagus, mushrooms and spinach, mixed with lots of stuff. It turned out to be pretty tasty if I do say so myself.

Cheryl...when do you get the results? I hope soon, and am praying that they are good results. Thanks for asking about me. My heart is racing today, so I guess I will have to watch it...not sure if it is cuz my levels are not responding to the extra thyroid meds and the extra potassium I am eating or if it is too much caffine and stress/anxiety or a combination of both. I will have to call the doctor if it doesn't settle down I guess. I hate to, but...don't want to be foolish.

Off to the post office, then work. Have to meet with someone today. Then will have to come home and do more paperwork. Lots to do this week and not much time...Oh well. It is good to be busy.

I had a surprise this morning when I checked my Facebook I had a friend request...my dear friend who lives in India is now on facebook. It will be an easy way for us to stay in touch. He is like my brother...he attended the same Bible School I did, and since he was so far from home he would come home with me on all our school breaks.

I am making plans with my nieces (well two of them) for my 45 birthday. I want to go back to Broadway and see Mamma Mia again (I love Abba and can't wait for the movie to com out this summer) I feel about them the way Roller Donna feels about the BeeGees...
Not sure the best way to get tickets. I can't remember where I ordered them when I got them the first time. It might have been telecharge.com, I just can't recall.

Hope all my Mates have a fantastic day!
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Quick good morning as work is insanely busy today.

Cheryl asking Him for good news on your biopsy.

Everyone have a great day.

Watch out NL East, My Phillies blew the home opener, which is a good omen.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Virginia Beach where it is expected to be in the 70's today. How I enjoy the weather when it is warm. May all of my fellow cruisemates have a healthy and happy day and may you not get fooled!
Old April 1st, 2008, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesdaymorning

Good morning from sunny Southern California. No snow here but no warm temps, either.

Nolou, good thoughts coming for the results of your tests. I have a mammogram scheduled for next month, as well.
Phyll, lucky you . . . new washer and dryer. My machines are just ancient. Maytags go on and on . . .
VtJen, take it easy.

I plan to do one last load of ironing for the week, then some lunch and a couple of errands.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old April 1st, 2008, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from the tidewater of Va. where the temp is 83 and the sun is trying to shine.
Only bad thing is it's going back into the 50's tomorrow

Hope everyone is having a great day,,,

JoAnne

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Good Morning, More like good late afternoon!

Its been a busy couple of days. I only got home now from leaving house very early. Work has been very busy, and alot to do with that kid. Well, I am happy to say we have some help in place. The most important thing being that he does not feel so alone, even though he truly is quite alone, 18, an orphan, only a few relatives in south America who dont help. Breaks my heart.

I volunteer with the food pantry that does short term help as emergency relief, and so we prepared him a large order, as well as money vouchers for the grocery store. I used my contacts at School and they are in high gear getting emergency services in terms of emergency bursery's, and providing a free full meal daily at the school caf, putting him into a cooking class ( he cant cook) and other supports.

It takes a Village...........ta raise a child........and if I hear one more time, "well he is 18, he is not a child", I will scream..........yes they are slwly turning into young adults, but I have only to think back to what I THOUGHT I knew at 18, and that tells me they are still just kids and need alot of care, support and love at this age. Its such a hard time of life, fun, wide open and new yes, But hard as well, so many changes and now to do them all alone............

Phyl, a new washer and dryer, funny, I was just thinking the other day my washer ( Sears Kenmore ) is now 19 years old!! Never a problem with it and I do about 10 loads a week of wash...........but it cannot stay that way for ever I am sure.

Nolou, hope you have some answers now, prayers. Jen, keep well!

Well, low and behold, the sun is finally out, wow did it melt alot today, everything looks dirty and grey, we need more rain to melt it all away!