Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Finally Friday!

Good Morning CruiseMates!! My day off today. I have lots to do around here today. I think we may go out to lunch. It is supposed to be in the high 80's today. I think summer has arrived. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Captain

Good Morning

Well it is Friday, time to go to work. The last work day of the week....Hooah

Irish 8)

He who loses money, loses much;
He who loses a friend, loses more;
He who loses faith, loses all.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Sun is shining for the moment. Rain is due in this weekend.

It's going to be a fun day at work. Our entire internal computer system (bank info only) is down. No online banking, no telephone banking, no info given within my system, no debit/ATM access. Boy are customers mad. At least we have the internet. Looks like I can get caught up on some paperwork, bills and balancing my checkbook.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from a bright day.........but thats not what we expect for the weekend. That is OK, nothing can get me down this weekend, happeiest day of my life is celibrated tomorrow, my son's birthday!

I have family coming for lunch from Ontario and then Sunday night birthday dinner with family and loved ones.

Yesterdays meetings went well, and errands, house work, "oh well" is all I can say for that and regarding last nights supper another "oh well"....they had left overs. Tonight no one is home for supper as DS and his GF are boith working , Sam and I go out Friday night usually to a local dinner we like, clean, neat, family run and good food. (McBays) Our time alone.

DS goes today to the unniversity to have a pre-registration information session for his particular program. Did I say I was proud? Not in the last ten minutes for sure!
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from Kansas where it's still winter!!! Yesterday we had the thunderstorm from H....., now today the wind is blowing at least 25-30 mph, it is raw and blustery with snow being reported just west of us and snow is forecast for this evening and tomorrow!!! so..........

I know someday I'll get to see sun, and all the stuff that's suppose to go with Spring !

Everyone have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a gray and dull Montreal, but nothing can dampen the spirits of hockey fans in this city today!
The Montreal Canadiens won their first game of the playoffs last night and the city is ecstatic! We're going for the Stanley Cup this year!

It's only 2C this morning, and it looks like rain. Rain AND snow is forecast for the weekend - yuck!
I woke up with a raging sore throat and the beginnings of a cold.
Better now than next week - I'm almost a Single Digit Midget!!

donna
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is a warm 70's degree, with lots of sunshine.

I have tons of things to do today in the house. It looks like the boys were not very good housekeepers while we were gone.

I hope all of you are doing well.

I will try and come back later and tell you about my trip yesterday. It was quite an adventure.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

TGIF!! Good Morning CMs, Its a lovely day today and we'll get another cool down on Sunday!

Luanne, gladthat you made it home with AA canceling so many flights. Even more this morning.

Delf, you can brag about Daniel anytime, it is so good to hear good stories about our teenagers.

Laura enjoy your day off, hope the weekend is a good one for you at work.

RD, feel better quickly, that start of a "cold"? sometimes from what I have had and so has a lot more of us, is more than a cold. Drink that OJ and take care.

Wishing you all a great day. Time for Ellis' hair cut! I am also his personal barber!
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Hey! I am not "almost a SDM" I AM a SDM!!! Yippeeee!

donna
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is grey here. Considering that maybe I should get a walk in now, but it is so cold - just about 30 out. Ugh. Like RollerDonna and Delft - rain and snow in the forecast. Spring was nice while it lasted...hope she returns soon.

Have tons to do here today.

I feel like Trip did yesterday...If I have to plan, chase ingredients and cook another thing it may possibly kill me.

Tomorrow we are going to a Chinese Buffet with some friends. It is about an hour away. They are dear people, but the wife suffers from mental illness, I am one of the only people that she feels comfortable with, so it will prove to be a long day. Her dh spoke with me yesterday and said he would be sure she took her meds (she gets in moods where she just won't take them). I really do love them, and have know them for years, so it helps keep me compassionate. Unfortunately most people don't reach out to her. It is quite sad, as she is such a caring and generous person.

I may make a meatloaf recipe for supper that I saw in the newest Rachael Ray mag - made in a pie plate - where the bottom is lined with roasted red peppers. But then I would have to go to buy the roasted red peppers, as I used the pantry jar and forgot to replace it this week. And I am out of fresh garlic...Either that or we will be eating a frozen pizza that has been in my freezer for a while.

Delft - have fun with family and friends this weekend. Your schedule is non-stop. I hope you take time to rest. Daniel is about to embark on a wonderful journey!
RD - sorry you are not feeling well. Hope this doens't last long!
Laura - still praying.
Cheryl - wow, I bet the customers are unpleasant...what a nightmare. Did you watch last nights game? It was great...so much better than the hockey game

My best to you all!
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. I was busy buying an airline ticket for MD for mid May. Southwest has great prices and if we can we always fly with them. They never have lost our luggage

I think maybe we take the grand kids bowling tomorrow. Beats the high prices of the parks and it only takes 20 min to get there I just got off the phone with my oldest daughter and she told me they love bowling. Daughter is working tomorrow so we are in charge<which means I can spoil the grand kids even more >

That meatloaf sounds interesting Jen! I never did make the stuffed peppers since I was stressed with MD Oh well....

have a good day mates!
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The kids are coming over soon, so my day is not my own, but that's ok with me. Tomorrow was a gorgeous day, warm to today too, but rain is a comin!

Jen, my hubby swears I kill any meatloaf I touch. Sometimes I just don't want meat, period, and wish I was a vegetarian..but I still want a cook:) Tonight is Chinese food..someone else cooks! Yayayayay!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Today is the day I do something about all the gray in my hair

Have a great day everyone.

Need some cruise help?
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Default Finally Friday

Good morning from a very sunny Southern California. The warmup starts!

RD, hope you don't get another cold. Take good care.

So far, no nausea from the antibiotic. And it looks like it's finally kicking in, because I think the staph infection is starting to fade. If I feel well enough later, I may do some ironing while Keith is a the gym.

Have a good day, everyone, and stay warm and dry!

Judy
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Yeoman

I haven't been on CM for a couple of days, was busy with the grandkids, packing, and then on I-75 South for 10 hours yesterday. I'm back here in FL, until June 1, then back to NC for the summer. I've got a busy day, have to finish unpacking the car, run up to my lawyer's office and sign a check for my late sister's estate taxes (OUCH!), go to the grocery store, stop by the cemetary, pick up the mail, pay some bills. This is one day I wish there were more than 24 hours in it. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny FL. I've been out shopping. Didn't really buy anything, but it was fun just looking.

Judy, glad to hear the meds are kicking in and also not causing any problems for you.

Luanne, glad you made it home yesterday ok. Jake changed his flights home from Toronto Canada to Delta. We'll see if he makes it home later tonight. :-) At least he's not on any MD80's

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Well, it is early evening but I can still say it was a beautiful day in the Nation's Capitol and it should be a beautiful weekend also.

One week down, three more to go before I go home again.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.