Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Default Your Hobby or Passion Cruise ??????

with the increased popularity of theme based cruises...what one hobby or passion, if it were offered on a full charter theme cruise, would you be willing to pay a premium above the rack rate, to be on a cruise with liked minded fellow cruisers for 7 days

example

one of my passions is smooth jazz and I will willingly pay the premium to go on chartered smooth jazz cruises

Dave The Wave's passion are his sons and beautiful women so I suspect he would pay a premium to go on a cruise that combined his passions, fathers and sons onboard the same ship as a Victoria Secret / Sports Illustrated Calendar models photo shoot

RollerDonna's passion is the BeeGee's so I suspect she would love to go on a Saturday Night Fevor Theme Cruise featuring all of the groups that were featured on the album

any others ?
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
Admiral

If there was ever a chance that the Bee Gees would play again, on a cruise, I would be first in line. But that will never happen, because of course, Maurice Gibb died several years ago, and Barry and Robin will not perform without him.
That being said, I would love to go on any kind of Oldies cruise, featuring artists from the 50's or 60's.

The only other one I'm interested in right now is the Bert Stratton cruise on the new Ruby Princess, but the sailing date is Jan. 09, just a bit too soon after our Oct. cruise on Sapphire Princess.

donna
Old August 2nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
Barry and Robin will not perform without him.
donna
Sure they will. Nobody's made them the right offer yet. And they may never get that right offer, but every performer has a price.

I would go on a Sherlock Holmes themed cruise. I don't mean a bunch of silly mystery nights, but a collection of true Holmes scholars and fans. There was one such cruise out of England a few years ago, I think, but our schedule wouldn't work. That would be fun. Sherlockians are a hoot.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:29 AM
Admiral

I absolutely book a "Big Band" cruise! That would be my idea of a perfect way to spend a week or so. Also, I'd like and probably book an "Oldies" cruise along with Donna. I too love the 50's / 60's groups, and music.

Ken
"SkyMaster"
Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Ken..there are several Big Band cruises .."pm" me and i can send you some links

my "dream' is for PBS to charter RCI Freedom of the Seas" for a 60's and 70's charter fund raising cruise...it would sell out in a day
Old August 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Here's two themed cruises I'd go on!

1) Chicago Cub fans victory cruise after we win the World Series. (Cruise to be in late October or early November, we can start booking that one now!)

2) Since RCI has proven that ice is available on a cruise ship. How about an Adult amateur (Non-checking) hockey tournament onboard? They may have to expand the ice surface a bit, but what an awesome place to have a hockey tournament!

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Scott..since the FOS & LOS has a boxing ring...perhaps a theme cruise with all the great living boxing champions onboard...they could do a computer simulation of the great champions of different era's..same weight class ala Ballentine Friday Night Fights with Mel Allen as the announcer

"When" the Cubs finally win a world series, they could invite the Red Soxs and have them play a world series on the lido deck...7 day cruise, 7 day series

Ken..I "pm" you regarding Big Band Cruises..good luck
Old August 3rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Any cruise is a good cruise to me.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Well, Richard Simmons has a cruise..oy! There was a post about a soap opera cruise, I will pass ....My passion has a cruise, there is a Beaders Cruise, but honestly, if I were to do that, I would not do it as a couple. I would want to go to so many classes, and leaving hubby alone that much, would make him cranky..at least I think it would:)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
Familiar Face

I'm with you on the Cubs' victory cruise - I'd go anywhere for that celebration. I considered the Soap cruise, but I can't stand the host, Cameron Matheson (from AMC) - leave him off the ship and I'll go. I'm hoping to one day do Tom Joyner's Fantastic Voyage - we were considering next year's cruise, but I don't like the itinerary. There's a Blues Cruise I'm interested in.
Old August 4th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Born To Cruise...you don't go on the Tom Joyner cruise for the ports of call...you go for the music and the "people watching"...and of course the tax write off because it's for a really great cause

I'm on it next year and looking forward to it
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Venice, I am surprised that no one referenced the Blog cruise. Maybe it has not reached the level of a hobby, but John is something I enjoy reading each day. Interesting look behind the seens at what makes crusing work. Mike
Old August 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Your Hobby or Passion Cruise ??????

I'd go for DW's cruise with the proviso that the model shoot was of mermaids. Kiddo and I would be diving so the gals need to be in the water with fins. Come to think of a liveaboard dive cruise would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice
with the increased popularity of theme based cruises...what one hobby or passion, if it were offered on a full charter theme cruise, would you be willing to pay a premium above the rack rate, to be on a cruise with liked minded fellow cruisers for 7 days

example

one of my passions is smooth jazz and I will willingly pay the premium to go on chartered smooth jazz cruises

Dave The Wave's passion are his sons and beautiful women so I suspect he would pay a premium to go on a cruise that combined his passions, fathers and sons onboard the same ship as a Victoria Secret / Sports Illustrated Calendar models photo shoot

RollerDonna's passion is the BeeGee's so I suspect she would love to go on a Saturday Night Fevor Theme Cruise featuring all of the groups that were featured on the album

any others ?
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 4th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Captain

Only if I could take my little dogs! and a puppy sitter was available.
Grandeur of the Seas, 8/99
Mercury, 11/98
Century, 10/97
Fascination, 10/96
Old August 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Admiral

I would love a Latin Dance theme cruise!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Admiral

CruiseQueen...you are in luck...LLC (they do the full charter jazz cruises) is planning a full charter Latin Jazz Cruise next year...it should be GREAT

if you go, we can Salsa together
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
CruiseQueen...you are in luck...LLC (they do the full charter jazz cruises) is planning a full charter Latin Jazz Cruise next year...it should be GREAT

What ship/cruiseline?

That should be a fun cruise.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old August 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Details y'all as Salsa is big over here in San Antonio and some of the gals at my company might be interested.

Quote:

Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Admiral

details not finalize but all of LLC charter cruises have been on HAL Westerdam...since I visit the site everyday (day dreaming) when it's posted I'll let you know

meanwhile practice 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Captain

Go Cubs Go Cruise, I Love it and of course they would have to fly the "W" for the entire cruise.

Irish 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
First Mate

bands from the early 70's would be great
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Like Boz Scaggs on HAL doing the Lido Shuffle?

Christopher Cross doing Sailing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin c
bands from the early 70's would be great
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Smokey Robinson doing Cruising

The Hughes Factory doing Rock The Boat

Cameo doing Fantastic Voyage