Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Captain

Default Oh No It's only Tuesday

Good Morning All

Yes it is Tuesday, I always hate it when the week is so young and I feel so old, Oh Well.

It looks like another hot day here in lower Alabama and now I hear that we have or best chance of rain this weekend. The first weekend in a while that all of my chores will be caught up and it will rain, just my luck.

Well you all have a great day.

Irish 8)

ToddDH - Wishing you and Fran a safe trip and no flash backs to Thunder Road.
Trip - If we fly naked, will we soon be cruising naked?

May you always have work for your hands to do.
May your pockets hold always a coin or two.
May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Irish and to everyone as well!

It's a beautiful day here - cool temps and will warm up nicely by noon - there was a bit of fog this morning on the drive to work but it was really pretty - didn't hamper the drive in at all. The sun will be shining brightly today and the skies clear - this is our forecast for the rest of the week.

Not a lot going on at work, just meetings that mess up the day but that's ok - makes the time go faster and gets us to the weekend faster.

Well, I must get busy with some minor details - so everyone have a great day and for those in Houston and the other hurricane areas - my thoughts and prayers are with you - and for those with illness or family members who are ill - my thoughts and prayers are with you as well.
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs, Take it easy, the week will be over before we know it andthen the weekend will be here again. Time flies when you are having fun.
So have some fun today!!
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

A nice day here in Minnesota. I guess I finally have to get the lawn trimming done so once the dew is off the ground I will be armed with a weed whacker and go on the attack. Be afraid, very afraid.

Remember folks: We only have a finite number of days to enjoy our lives. Don't wish them away.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A cooler day here today, as the rest of the week will be, as we move along..I started to change the closets, and decided to do it in stages, and not get overwhelmed..I have the time so why not...but..

Today I will be watching the kids....My kids are moving to Carver, so I won't have them close by anymore, which makes me sad..but I will still watch them on Fridays, so I will get my fix. Since Aiden has taken to calling me, all on his own, and saying "Watcha doin Memere?" we can chat regularly:)

I hope Vt Jen, had found her chi, at sea, and is relaxing as we speak:)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 16th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning folks!!!

Haven't been around here in a while. So thought I'd stop by and say hi. Sand box still open?

Been getting the itch to take another cruise, probably after next year thou, and started to poke around and do my research. Of course that brings me back to this site, even thou I have lots of time. There is just so much good info here.

So I see a few familiar faces and alot of peeps I need to catch up with. Heys guys!!!

Mike, I like that last line in your post. That says it all doesn't it?

Well thats it for now. Hope to be back alot more. If that is ok with you guys?

Take care....

Triumph-9-10-05 First Cruise
Caribbean Princess-9-13-06
Victory- 9-15-07-New England

**A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.**
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

The sun is shining and the temps are rising. It's going to be a good one.

TBug, so nice to see you posting.

Mike, I agree with your statement too. I love your sense of humor with the weed wacker too. :-) Thanks for the chuckle. Don't let the thistles get you.

Nice little Irish poem to start us off with today too, Irish. Thanks.

Have a good one all.

Phyll & her velcro cat "Rosie"
Old September 16th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Hi from Aboard the Dream

Yesterday as soon as I logged off the Captn announced wind at 50 knots with higher gusts in the POrt of St. John, needless to say we didn't go...
By 5 I was sick and spent the rest of the night in the cabin. Oh, well
Today is better the seas remain calm. Formal night tonight.

Miss r daily banter
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Just another work day for me. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. Summer has returned to Calgary at least temporarily... with temps today going to the high 70s F.

It's been kind of a miserable few days. My father went back into the hospital last Thurs. He's doing a bit better but still there. On the weekend I had my mother in emergency due to heart flutter. That calmed, and they finally sent her home. But I spent the day running between emerg and my father's room updating each of my parents.

Yesterday was my mother's 80th birthday. Surprised her with a new flat screen LCD television. She couldn't believe that "thin thing" contained everything needed to make it a functional TV.

One of her caregivers, who's only been with her for a month, brought her a dozen roses... how very sweet!

This morning I have an eye exam, a couple of errands for my father, then visit him, and if everything is stable I'm heading to the golf course this afternoon.
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the sun is shining but the temps have cooled down.
Third day on antibiotics, and they are doing a good job of "flushing" out my system, if you know what I mean!
Unfotunately, they are doing nothing for improving the pain, and I am at the point of considering a hospital ER visit if this does not subside today.

Kuki, sorry to hear of your parents' continued health problems. Wish your mom a belated happy 80th!

"Maw", loved your dolphins!

VTJen, I heard about the bad weather in the Maritimes, hoping it clears and is smoother sailing for you today! I also hope the food, service and entertainment aboard the Dream is enough to compensate for the bad weather!

T Bug, so great to see you posting! Don't be a stranger, I've missed you!

Trip, I did the closet change over the weekend, but not completely, since I still have to pack some of the summer stuff in a few weeks, for our cruise!

Mike, I'll stay outta your way with that weed whacker!

Irish, thanks for your daily blessings.

donna
Old September 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Captain

Beautiful day here in the Show me State. Feels like fall here. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

05/01/10 Sapphire Princess
09/14/09 Enchantment of the Seas
10/19/08 Crown Princess
03/04/04 Majesty of the Seas
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny and hot swfl Our daughter cleaned out her closet yesterday and was looking for warmer clothes that she will be needing when we go to Germany over Christmas. flip flops and shorts are a no no thats for sure. She also lost tons of weight over the summer and now transformed to a young lady. Time flies thats for sure.

Today I have to buy a thermos for our group on saturday as we are also serving coffee besides cakes. Saturday will be interesting as we are heading to the homeless to give out food, I can't wait as I love doing this kind of "work".

have a good day mates!
Old September 16th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Default Oh No, It's only Tuesday

Good morning! Sunny and plesant but gonna be a hot one . . .

Trip, I won't do the closet change til October. With temps in the triple digits, I can't bear the thought of heavy jeans and sweaters.
VtJen, take somethin' for that sea sickness
RD, what a struggle you're having. Feel better soon.
Mike, happy weed whacking. I'll stay out of the way, too.
Phyll, please give Rosie a scratch behind the ears and a pet for me.

Keith has a dr.'s appt. and a long list of to-do's for the MD, including a pre-op exam for the eye surery on Oct. 1. Ah, aging! I have some house cleaning to do, but at least, no ironing. I finally got a Sept. 24 appt. for the biopsy. And on that happy note, I'll say . . .

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old September 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

WHOO HOO..Tomorrow we fly to Vancouver to catch the Carnival Spirit and sail Glacier Bay! It kind of feels like Christmas! All our bags are packed and we are soooo ready to go!

You all have an excellent week and Ill see you all in Chat when I get home!

Kelly

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old September 16th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where we were greeted with drizzles all morning long. I was in a panic this morning as I got out of the car, to go to the gym, I noticed that my car key was missing from the key ring. I called Rob at work to come pick me up. Ten minutes later, alas, the key was found under the driver's seat! I had to call Rob back and tell him I had found my key. Now, my car key is placed on a more secure key ring! Kuki, our thoughts are with your parents; may they both have a speedy recovery. My thoughts continue for those that are affected by hurricane Ike. Have a great day, everyone