Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Tuesday November 11, 2008 Veterans Day

Good Morning from Florida!! It is a chilly 54 here in Lakeland but will warm up later. Day off today and I am having company. My cousin and hubby are coming by. They will be leaving to go back to NH in a few days. They will be back fof 3 months in January. Have a great day friends.

Laura
Today is Veterans Day, Take a moment to say a prayer for those that serve so selflessly

url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqL85C9][/url]
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Admiral

I'm flying our flag today to honour our soldiers both past and present.
I will try to have 2 mins. silence at 11 am to remember.....may not be easy to do in a daycare!

Today is typical November weather here in Montreal. Freezing cold, windy, dull and gray, with a rather weak sun trying to peek through.
It wouldn't surprise me if it snows anytime now....

Prayers going out to Kuki and his family today for the funeral of his father.
Our thoughts will be with you Kuki.....

donna
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Ladies, Gents, and Veterans,
Well I am not exactly a fire ball this morning. Still kind of wiped out from yesterday's road trip. In a bit I'll get dressed and start doing something productive. I have a trip to pack for.

Well the RV is looking pretty good. She has a nice new upgraded fiberglass exterior and new rubber roof, new stereo, new sealed under belly and stuff like that. They missed a couple of things that were on my list and it will have to go back to the factory for service in the spring when I am back in that neck of the woods. It will also give me the chance to see how the repairs they made hold up over time and give it one last shot prior to my one year factory warranty expiring. It has an extended warranty on lots of the individual components, but some of this stuff is only covered for one year.

D/H is up in Michigan and he mentioned he thought they were expecting snow in that neck of the woods. I really am not a big fan of the winter experience but he seems to enjoy it.

It was cold as the dickens here yesterday morning. It's warmed up a bit today and its suppose to rain. I guess we'll see how the roof holds up on the new RV.

I have one week and two days until we fly out of Chicago to London. I generally would be packed and ready to go by now, but I just can't seem to get my act together. I feel overwhelmed and kind of not in the packing groove at all yet.

Kuki, know that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers today.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Captain

Happy Veteran's Day Everyone

To all of my fellow Veterans I want to tell you "Thank You" for your service to our Nation and "Welcome Home".

I e-mailed my TA Sunday about the complaints of noise on the Panorama Deck due to being right under the Lido Deck. She called me yesterday and left a message that Carnival did say that there might be some noise, so she had them move me to cabin 7202 on the Veranda Deck mid ship. Any thoughts from anyone who has sailed the Spirit class? Skymaster, is this a good cabin?

You All have a great day

Irish 8)

Remember when you are shopping that old guy greeting you or bagging your groceries, crippled now and aggravatingly slow, he could be one of the American who helped liberate the Nazi death camp or fought the Japanese island to island and has never asked for anything in return, even after 60 years of reliving the war through his reoccurring nightmares. Please take a moment out of your day and say “Thank You”. These great men are dying at an alarming rate. You never know, when it could be their last day.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............cool & dark......maybe some rain........

Kuki......you & your family are in our thoughts......

Judy.........hope you are feeling good...as good as can be expected.......

Da Coot.......hope you are on your way home......or home....Tweety......thinking of you........

Not much going on today.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Cold here - woke up to snow on the ground, it is still coming down, sticking and accumlating. UGH!!!!

Cleaned out a couple of cupboards yesterday - the local Christian School is having a sale so it will get donated to that - must of the stuff is brand new, never unsealed - out of my gift cupboard. I just couldn't deal with it any more. I am trying to get rid of stuff - This is a big box - so it is a beginning. I am to get rid of an equal amount thru out the rest of the week as well - if I do this for a couple of more weeks, then I will be a happy woman. Having stuff around is making me nervous lately.

I am already at work - one of those days I guess, lots to do, but not sure where to begin, which isn't like me at all.

I have been trying to get in my 6 days a week of excercise - it is hard, but I am determined to do it. I forgot to make hotel reservations last night, so I Have to do that tonight - if I can only remember.

Praying for Kuki and family - Judy -Da Coot, Delft and family and so many others....

Especially thinking of all the Veteran's who have sacrificed so much.
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Thoughts to Kuki and his family today also.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and chilly, chilly here.. A big thank you to all the Veterans on this special day. Bruce is home and riding his tractor, dealing with the 20 million pine needles in the yard..If you see a guy riding a tractor by your house, that means he has run away!

I hope Kuki and his family, know that this community is with them in spirit today. May his dad rest in peace.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 11th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I returned this morning from my hunting trip. It was a good trip and we actually finished early when we filled our tags on Sunday morning. We finished the trip at my brother's cabin just having fun. I shot the largest deer in my 39 years of deer hunting. A twelve point buck that we estimate will weigh around 250 + pounds.

I was saddened to see that Kuki's father had passed away. It made my homecoming a bit sad. My thoughts are with Kuki and his family today.

This week is cruise countdown week. We leave for Los Angeles this weekend for Sunday's, Carnival Pride, cruise. My daughter is getting quite excited. It's fun to see.

I hope everyone is having a great week and I hope that Tuesday is a great day for everyone.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 11th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Admiral

Default Tuesday, November 11, Veterans Day

Good morning from Southern California. I guess today temps start to climb once again.

I hope people will stop for a moment to commemorate what all those young soldiers gave so that we can remain free.

Keith and I will remember Kuki and his family today, as well.

I spent a couple of hours at Urgent Care at our clinic yesterday dealing with an infection which has developed in the incision of my mastectomy. I must return today so that the surgeon can look at it, and hopefully, change the dressing. Whoever said that getting old was no fun certainly had it right. Back to antibiotics again!

Mike, you will have some glorious weather to greet you.

Judy
Old November 11th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.

First of all, a great big giant thank you to all those veteran's and those presently serving to protect our country and freedom.

Thoughts and prayers going out to Kuki and his family too.

Mike, I'm glad you were successful in your big hunt, and more than that that you had a lot fun. I can't imagine shooting a big magnificent animal like that, but I know the herd needs to be thinned, and you did your part. :-) Congratulations and I really mean that.

Have a good one all
Phyll
Old November 12th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Admiral

From the ONE above who leads us to the brave veterand who led us.

Happy Veterans' Day.

( I do not mean I am above)

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.