Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Hello

Good Morning Mates,

It is cloudy here in Southeast Tenn - I am not sure what exactly the temps will be, but Todd will post on that later.

We are showering and getting ready for church. At nine we will gas up the Jeep then pick up daughter who stayed at a friends apt. last night. Then off to ds apart. where all dd stuff is stashed. The thought of trying to get this all home has really weighed on my mind all week. It is going to be a miserable task. I have tried to enjoy this trip, but it just hasn't worked that way.

The graduation ceremony was very nice and beautiful with all the poinsettas and wreaths and such. My husbands brother and wife and kids drove over from Alabama for Graduation, then we all went out to lunch then spent the afternoon visiting in ds apartment. It was nice to catch up.

I wonder what we will return to at home. I don't think our little town got the ice part of the storm. I think we mostly got snow.

I hope everyone has a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jen and all our Cruisemates who follow. Sorry you're not enjoying your trip. The weather today will not be bad. Skies where you are will be cloudy with temps around 52 and it will be breezy with Southeast winds 10-20 mph.

How I do so look forward to BeenieWeenies posts each morning as recently state someone else. BW, you sound as if you should have your own television show. I mean that!

Santa is, as we say around here, plumb wore out and hung up the official uniform for possible use later in the season before I set off for my world tour on the 24th. Came home yesterday afternoon and Fran, bless her heart, had worked her tail end off getting the house completely back to order.

Today's Sunday din-din will be a basic St. Patrick's Day repast three months early. The menu includes Tomato basil soup, tossed salad with Ranch dressing, Corned beef and cabbage with horseradish sauce on the side, steamed cabbage, mashed carrots and turnips, boiled potatoes (drowned in butter), yeast rolls and Fran's hot deep dish berry cobbler topped with French Vanilla ice cream. Good late fall comfort food.

Blessing on all our Cruisemates and special prayers for those needing that extra boost.

Todd
Old December 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Todd
You are tempting me to make a detour!

Enjoy it!
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's cloudy here with a high being in the low sixties. Our paper is late for the 3rd day in a row. I hope they get the problem fixed soon.

My granddaughters b'day party yesterday was a hit. They had it at the local bowling alley. All the kids loved it and it's fun to watch them bowl. Just about every thing she got was Hannah Montana.

We finally finished with the outside decorations yesterday. I'll post pictures as soon as I can get a good one.

Evryone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
I love Tennessee, I have some very fond childhood memories travelling through the mountains of that beautiful state. I hope the clouds will clear and it will warm enough that will be able to enjoy your temporary departure from the harsh Vermont winter. My favorite times was when we would stumble across some of the original Cracker Barrel Restaurants... before they became a national franchise. OMG that was some good food! My girlfriend's Dad couldn't wait to order their Ham and Beans. I still love to go there. A few years ago we rented a Cabin in the mountains near Pigeon Forge for d/s's birthday and took the kids to Dollywood and Gatlinburg. It is just beautiful.

Todd you are so sweet, but I am not too sure about a TV show about our family though. You'd probably see us all piled on the sofa, sound asleep, not too exciting lol. But thanks for the compliment, sometimes I hope my ramblings aren't boring everyone to tears.

Well our hot date went pretty well all things considered. We left the kids in the care of my sis (who spoils the kids and the cat rotten). Left for Champaign and it started to sleet a little. Luckily it wasn't cold enough to freeze on the roads and so we continued on. We arrived at the restaurant and enjoyed a bento box with all sorts of goodies and it was fine. Actually just nice to have a quiet evening with d/h. Truth be told, we were still hungry when we left there. We never get the chance to go shopping together unless we drag the kids along kicking and screaming lol (that is one thing where the kids do not go with the flow and they hate shopping, unless we are toy shopping of course ) So we popped into Sam's Club and bought a few essential items. Replenished d/h's work wardrobe with new slacks, and a few bulk food items to make treats to take to the neighbors for the holidays and a huge cheesecake and a bottle of Moscato wine. So we hauled our loot home and pulled in the driveway about 9 p.m. we were out catting around until 9 p.m. woohoo!
We started dishing out cheesecake, decaf and moscato wine and sat around and visited with my sis until about midnight. She was laughing at us. Kind of like when I spied on my Dad's poker club, just to find out that the old geezers weren't whooping it up drinking booze and smoking cigars, they were sitting around talking about their aches and pains, eating milk and cookies, and no smoking was allowed.

I hope you all have a splendid Sunday. I have to go as D/S just woke up and wants me to go play a game with him. BBL

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 14th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.................burrrrrrrr it's cold outside.....we got some snow....just a skiff but it really messes things up here........we're just not set up for it.......all of our steep roads.........our thermometer says 32........

Hopefully it warms up today & the ice goes away so things will get going again..........

Grocery shopping today......so much fun..........

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Minus fourty windchill in Calgary today. Cold enough to freeze exposed antlers in 1.9807 seconds.

Snow removal service I'd arranged for my mother didn't show yesterday, so I loaded my snow blower and went over to do her place. Returned to new snow on mine, saw a couple of my elderly neighbors starting to try and shovel out, so since the blower was running, and I was dressed in my arctic gear, I did the sidewalks for about a half a block.

It was so cold Sammy got half way through the doggy door before deciding he didnt care for feeling that way.

Think we'll try and stay indoors today.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Hello

"There's a big storm system coming down!" So said the weather mavens. Well, guess what? The sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue.

The weather yesterday was grumpy but we stood in line to buy a Christmas tree anyway. Today we will decorate it, then I can start the wrapping process.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Kuki you're a good Moose! Better not go around exposing your antlers in that cold! You could get frostbite!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is still morning, but close to noon, as I really overslept today! Guess I needed it.
As Todd would say, "plumb wore out" from attempting Christmas shopping yesterday! OMG it was a nightmare! The traffic caused by the massive snow removal operations, the ice on the roads and parking lots, the mobs of people, the horrible head banging music played in some of the stores, I just wanted to run screaming from the malls!
Actually, I did. I surrendered and came home early to save my sanity.
I only have a little left to do, and it will be done during week day evenings when hopefully, it won't be so crazy out there!

Today it's catch up on the housework day, and then make some of my late mom's famous shortbread cookies. It's not Christmas without her shortbread cookies! Last night we had for dinner one of the Tortieres (meat pies) I had made, also from her recipe. Yum, it was good!

Todd, if I ever find myself in Tennessee, I will have to come by for dinner.
You eat just too well! And you're the only other person I know who makes a mashed carrot and turnip dish - also one of my mom's best recipes that we eat all the time!

I'm making myself hungry...I guess it's time for breakfast...or lunch....

donna
Old December 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning all,

It is raining but soon the temps will plummet and snow and ice will rule. I know Betty will be happy to try her new snow blower. She's been in heaven since we got it and she doesn't have to shovel. I get to play the broken wrist card so I am unable to run it. gee; What a nice wife.

One handed and one finger typing is driving me nuts. It's hard to do when you aren't used to it. I'll be glad when I get this cast off, but that won't happen for over a month.

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Admiral

RDonna,

I guess we do eat well, at least on Sundays. You're more than welcome if you come down to these parts! Fran is typically Italian and when company comes over there's more food than everyone could eat in a month of Sundays. Her cheesecake is to die for and when she sees that they charge over forty bucks for an 8" Junior's cheesecake she's amazed. Her's is far better, is twelve inches in diameter and must weigh at least six pounds.

As it is I could be the "before" picture for a Weight Watcher's commercial. There'll never be an "after" I'm afraid.

Fran goes bananas if she gains two pounds! As I've said before, she's probably the only person in history who gained weight on chemo (but that was only four pounds). This old Lard A _ _ started packing it on once he retired from the Department. Fran tells me I associate everything we've ever done with food! I don't know why. Oh, speaking of food, I can't wait until our cruise in June!

Todd

Todd
Old December 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
Last night before going to bed I noticed that our snowfall had started.
It was windy at the time which reminded me of a Minnesota snowfall. We woke up to five inches of snow. DH was out shoveling and has it under control for now. It is supposed to be very cold tomorrow. I have playground duty in the morning. Hopefully it will be warm enough to take the kids out to blow off some energy.
I am still fighting this sinus infection so am staying inside all day today.

Wishing you all a pleasant Sunday.

jojo