Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
Captain

Default Friday and it's back to work

Good Morning CM's and Happy New Years

Yes my friends the New Years holiday is over and for many it is back to work, for some it is the first in 2 weeks....O Boy.

Well I hope that everyone had a joyous and Safe Christmas and are having a very happy New Year. That you didn't watch to much football or eat too much....to a point where your stomach hurts.

Southern tip of the week. Y'all is singular, where as All Y'all is plural

Have a great Alabama Day!

Irish 8)
May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
and guide you in whatever you do--
and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM
Captain

Default Re: Friday and it's back to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
Yes my friends the New Years holiday is over and for many it is back to work, Irish 8)
May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
and guide you in whatever you do--
and may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.
Work? I think I remember that. Didn't particularly like it.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is a cool morning once again, but since it has warmed up to 6 degrees I won't complain.

In a couple of hours we head to the airport to pick up dd, then we will do lunch shop a bit then drive the two hours home. Dh and ds are coming with me so it will be a family day. Ds will head back to college next weekend, so this will be the last outing for awhile.

Yesterday was productive, I cleaned out my closet, a couple of drawers, some kitchen cupboards and the pantry. Also got all the Christmas stuff put away. I did not tackle putting back out my everyday stuff, perhaps tomorrow I will get that done. Need to get all the Christmas linens washes and put away too. Plus lots of regular laundry as well.

Hope everyone enjoys the first Friday of 2009 - stay warm and stay safe!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Admiral

It is with considerable distress I note that some of the unfortunate working class had to do common labor today . Marj is still whining about it . I did the sensible thing, I took a vacation day to commemorate the occasion.

Good Morning and hope everyone is doing well. I do have a to do list, some tasks self imposed and some suggested by Marj. I prioritize her suggestions by which ones get the fiercest glare when it was suggested 8) .

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Almost in Nassau

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I have to go to work today too, watching Aiden and Lucy, I get paid in hugs and smiles so that's okay

The snow is going nowhere with these low temps, so a good day to stay inside anyway....

I did some beading yesterday, and the hard part is, do I sell the one I love, or keep it..I hardly ever keep anything I design, I see $$$$, so I put it in my store..this one though,..I am thinking.......hmmmm

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it continues in the deep freeze.
I'm going to post now and hope I will be able to post again, as we are having computer troubles since yesterday and it keeps freezing and shutting down. If I disappear for awhile, you'll know why!

No back to work day for me, just another quiet day at home.
I have not taken down any decorations yet because we are expecting the last 2 family members for Christmas today. After that, it will be box time!

donna
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
Admiral

I'm off today also. I go back Monday and start the new year at work. I am going shopping with a friend and going to Cheeseburger in Paradise for lunch and a drink. One of our agents gave me gift cards for there so I'm going to use them for a free lunch. I could really care less about the shopping, but will have fun with my friend.

I had another friend from school call me last night, I haven't spoken with her in 10 years or longs. She found me on my facebook site. It was so good to talk to her.

Well I better get busy and get ready to go shop till I drop.....

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Well, back to work indeed! I am really not in the mood for that kind of action, but somebody has to do it! I am starting to get a little anxious right now. I think it is all the doom and gloom of the media regarding the economy and the fact the d/h has been off work the last two weeks and two weeks in November (fortunately by choice). Luckily I have him booked up from Monday until the week we leave for NOLA in February, but I always seem to get a little freaked out when we've taken this much time off and I sit and worry about how hard it will be to start anew and find opportunities for him, but alas it always seems to work out and I generally keep him pretty busy I just have to get the momentum going again. I don't know why I torture myself like this lol.

Since yesterday was New Years Day, I felt like I needed to clean something. Kind of symbolic of out with the old, in with the new. So I cleaned the fridge and freezer out. OMG the science projects and things that were so freezer burnt, I really wasn't sure what they were anymore. So now it is sparkling clean and organized. I can find things instantly. I wonder how long that will last?

We all had a nice day yesterday and took a couple nice soaks in the hot tub and enjoyed a nice breakfast and spent lots of quality time together. Today I would like to get the rest of the house in order and I need to take my truck down and get the tire repaired. I discovered a nail in it the other day and since it was a holiday everything nearby was closed, it had to wait until today to get fixed. Luckily the nail is in the tread and not the side wall. Those big all terrain tires are expensive and I don't want to have to buy new ones any sooner than necessary.

In just a little over a month we leave for NOLA and the Blogger's cruise. It sounds as though Kuki and John have lots of fun stuff planned for us. I really need to spend some time looking at what I want to do in the ports. Normally when we take the extended family along on these trips, I work really hard to plan everything to last fragment of minutia. Not this time, I did fill out everyone's fun pass info and got them all fixed up with their logins to Carnival.com. I printed out their docs and made up luggage tags for them. Then gave them instructions to go to Carnival's website and plan their own excursions. We'll see how that goes . I am sure it will be interesting.

I do think that I should get started packing. I loaned d/h's parents our big Spinner suitcase for their 32 day cruise, and so we'll pick it up later this month when we head up to Canada for a visit. For now I can just hang things up out in the sun room.

So those are my rambling, random and scattered thoughts this morning. Hope you all have a terrific Friday.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Admiral

WORK is a four letter word! UGGGHHHHHH - back - don't like it, but gotta do it.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.................it snowed last night.....geeze......thought it was over with........at least it's just a skiff....the streets aren't white so that is good........

Hope y'all have a great day.........

Sharon
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Default Friday and It's Back to Work

Good morning from a very foggy, soggy Southern California.

Still haven't taken down all the Christmas decorations, or even the tree, for that matter. There's a bunch of ironing waiting for me, too.

Have a good day, everyone.

Judy
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Admiral

No work here in Paradise (at least for me). Just enjoying the blue skies and mild temps. Think I'll check out the cruise tours later on and see what we might do on our upcoming cruise.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! 2009 hasn't started off any better than 2008 ended. Too cold for my mother's car to start (which Kuki Jr had been taxing back and forth to my mother's place to sleep there). The weather is COLD and high winds, and yet more snow coming.

I had to go out this morning for some bloodwork, so went and got a haircut while I was out. I was going to run a couple of other errands, but too darn cold.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Work? Did someone mention work? That must be what I used to do before I retired. Now, the only real work I do is Fran's "Honeydo list" and when she gives it to me and I ask, Which ONE THING do you want me to do this month and then start going down the list, I too gauge from her attitude what I have to do and what I can avoid.....for now.

Todd
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
It's another gray and gloomy day here in Colorado. I did get up and work on report cards. It is nice to have them finished. We need to do some errands, but at this time I am still in my robe. It is hard to get motivated some days.

Yesterday we met dh's sister and brother and their spouses for lunch. They had fun chatting about former neighbors and friends.

Make it a good Friday everyone. Monday is back to work for me.

jojo